Play as a Cyberpunk, a rebel refusing to live life by the rules of the oppressive megacorporations that rule San Francisco in this high action tabletop roleplaying game by Dragon Turtle Games. Carbon 2185 gives you the chance to play in the cyberpunk worlds you've seen in movies, television shows, and video games. The Core Rulebook is the only thing you need to run and play hundreds of hours of games in the world of Carbon 2185, and to enjoy our upcoming line of adventure modules, heists, and tales of corporate espionage using this innovative game system.
Carbon 2185 is a brand new tabletop roleplaying game built using the D&D 5e open game license, with all the magic, magical items, and fantasy elements removed, and replaced with cybernetic augmentations, upgradable and customisable weapons, and computer hacking skills.
The Core Rulebook contains everything a Player needs to play the game, including:
- Character Origins! Your Origins define who you are, and what you're good at. Were you raised in a Corporation Orphanage, or are you just a Regular Joe going about their normal life? Carbon 2185 has a choice of seven different Origins, with over 10 SubOrigins.
- Background generation! Carbon 2185 has a fluid, dice based background generation to determine your age, life experiences, skill proficiencies, and wealth upon starting the game.
- Equipment, vehicles, accommodation! We have pages and pages of content so you can create whatever character you want.
- Classes! There are six brand new classes to choose from! From the tough heavy weapons expert the Daimyo who shoots her way to her next meal, to the tech savy Hacker who uses software exploits to overcome their foes and environment, we have every cyberpunk class you can imagine.
- Subclasses! Each class has AT LEAST three subclasses for further customisation, such as the Hacker's Robomancer subclass that comes with a Robotic dog, or drone companion!
The Core Rulebook also contains invaluable information for the Game Master, such as:
- An entire Starting adventure designed to teach you everything you need to know to run the game, and teach the players how to play it. This adventure should last between 3 and 5 sessions!
- Dozens of NPC Statblocks and templates to create an infinite amount of enemies and adversaries.
- Loot tables! Ever wondered how many Wonlongs that streetrat your players just blew a hole in had in his pocket? Just roll on the table to find out!
- World Building! We have dozens of pages of world building to tell you everything there is to know about 2185, from the gangs and gangsters, to the corporations and their CEOs!
- Detailed Economy! Tired of abstract economies in ttrpgs? Well look no further! Carbon 2185 has a highly detailed economy with reference tables and charts to help you instantly know how much a bowl of street ramen costs, a glass of upscale whiskey, or how much a hacker might charge to access an unsecure security feed.
The Movie Style Poster is a high quality gloss print of our gorgeous cover art, on A1 sized paper (that's 23.4inches x 33.1inches, or 594mm x 841mm) perfect for framing or putting straight on the wall!
We have some really nice Kickstarter exclusive for you guys! Included in The Big One pledge level, but available as an Add-On (see below) for every other pledge level, we have an exclusive run of Carbon 2185 Polyhedral Dice, and an official Carbon 2185 | A Cyberpunk RPG GM Screen!
These dice will never be available outside of this campaign, and you can proudly show that you were part of this campaign, and therefore part of the reason this game got made. How cool is that?
If you want to tailor your pledge level, or add extra items, you can! Increase your pledge level manually by the following amounts. You may add multiples.
- Core Rulebook. £35
- Limited Edition Rulebook. £60
- Compiled Cities Sourcebook (All three!) Hardback. £40
- Interlinked Adventure Softcover by Andrew J. Lucas. £10
- The Neon City | Tokyo 2185 Softcover by Guy Sclanders of 'How to be a great GM'. £20
- The Capital of the World | Manhattan 2185 Softcover by Ben Counter. £20
- British Insurgency | London 2185 Softcover. £20
All these books come as free PDFs to all backers at every level, these add-ons are for physical copies!
- Limited Edition GM Screen. £30
- Limited Edition Polyhedral Dice. £20
- Movie Style Poster. £20
- Kickstarter Coaching. £100
How do add-ons work?: First you need to have first pledged at any support level. Secondly, when you enter the amount of your pledge, add to it the total of the combined add-ons you want from the list above.
Kickstarter Coaching? If you’re thinking of starting your own Kickstarter campaign for a tabletop game or supplement, this is the dude to talk to, believe me.
A lot of people have been asking me for Kickstarter advice, but I don't know what to tell them. Luckily, I know Justin Giddings, ‘The Kickstarter Guy’.
Justin has worked with us on Carbon 2185 since day one and he’s one of the main reasons the campaign has been a success.
This add-on gets you a 30 minute private coaching session with Justin Giddings, the top Kickstarter Coach in LA, whose clients have a 97% success rate and combined have raised over £4m for their projects.
This whole campaign I’ve been pointing other creators in Justin’s direction when they come to me for advice, but we spoke the other day and decided, wouldn’t it be cool if that money went towards unlocking our stretch rewards? Justin is giving his ENTIRE FEE for this coaching session straight to us to help improve the book and help to unlock London!
Interlinked is our £30k stretch reward that we SMASHED! The PDF will be free to all backers. A Softcover of the 50-page adventure is avaliable about as an add-on.
"Nightingale 673-998, a Synth factory worker owned by Villeneuve Robotics, recently survived a traumatic near death experience, only to be discarded into the street.
A food processing unit she was fault checking exploded, leaving her seriously injured. Laying there on the factory floor in agony, with her human manager looking on and filling in a property damage form, she realised she was more than property. She was alive. The others were alive. They could be free. Free from the forced service that usually befalls a Synth.
The players have been hired by Nightingale, now completely immobile, and slightly unhinged endlessly muttering Russian poetry between sentences, to take revenge on Villeneuve Robotics, and to free her fellow workers at the factory. She promises large sums of money on completion, but can she deliver on her promise? And can the players accomplish such a difficult task without getting caught?"
Interlinked is written by Cyberpunk legend Andrew J. Lucas
"The brutal Japanese Civil War of 2171 saw families torn apart as brothers fought on separate sides, split by different ideologies.
Unhappy with the direction technology and megacorporations were leading humanity, the Isolationists wished to return to the Sakoku policy and close off Japan to the outside world, while the Futurists believed the key to Japan's continued survival was in adapting to the new world.
This short but deadly war, barely won by the Futurists, left Tokyo as a city scared by conflict and overran by gangsters. Knowing that these gangsters, in particular the Watanbe Yakuza had a vice like grip on Tokyo, most megacorporations moved their Japanese HQs to Kyoto Megacity."
Where will the CYBERPUNKS land in this uneasy peace? If you know where to look, there's plenty of Wonlongs to be made in a city ran by criminals on the brink of a renewed civil war.
Where will you stand in the population of Manhattan, a playground for the social elites?
While the five boroughs of New York Megacity are filled with tens of millions of people, Manhattan island is home to a population that lives to serve the elites. From the pop star turned private showgirl entertaining them, to the former chemistry teacher now manufacturing and selling them illicit drugs, everyone lives to serve in Manhattan.
Let's not forget about the societal rejects who make the city's extensive sewer and subway systems their home. Down below the streets, you won't just find rodents, but bands of cyberpunks, CEO worshipping cultists, and murder-for-hire gangs. These people serve in a different way, as muscle, assassins, corporate spies, data thieves, and any other job you wouldn't want people on your official payroll to get caught up in.
Disclaimer: Dragon Turtle Games and Carbon 2185 are not associated with Wizards of the Coast LLC, nor the 'Cyberpunk' brand owned by CD Projekt and R. Talsorian Games. Nor are we associated with Warner Brothers, Shochiku, Manga Entertainment, Netflix, or Square Enix.
Carbon 2185 and the associated works are copyright Robert Marriner-Dodds 2019, officially licensed to Dragon Turtle Games Ltd.
Want to help us get the word out? Use the Carbon 2185 social media profile picture below to show your friends that you're a part of this journey!
To learn more about the world of Carbon 2185, visit our website at www.dragonturtlegames.com/carbonrpg
Risks and challenges
This is the sixth time we've created and launch a Kickstarter campaign, so we are certain we've ironed out all the creases with production, and development.
The first two rounds of playtesting have already been completed on Carbon 2185, and we've got the mechanics and gameplay fine tuned. We are now moving onto the final development stage of filling out the world, creating the tables and NPCs, and writing the starting adventures.
We need the funds from this campaign to continue development, to get more art finished and to order a print run of the books.
Printing of the Core Rulebooks will be offset and will ship worldwide. Printing of the supplement books will be handled by DriveThruRPG, and shipping will cost between £10 - £15 depending on where you're located in the world.
- (31 days)