This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Wed, June 12 2019 3:22 PM UTC +00:00.
Here it comes: our first follow-up to The Chaos Gods Come to Meatlandia. Explore the war-torn Isle of Annalida in twenty distinct areas like Mt. Wyrm and Fort Abcess and The Broken Shore, interconnected by hooks and rumors, with scads of unique treasure and scary monsters.
The forces of nature desperately try to resist the relentless march of decadent civilization. Worm Witch: The Life and Death of Belinda Blood is an in-depth look at the once-peaceful Isle of Annalida. There are new classes, the Worm Witch and the Worm Wardens, with wormy new spells and new ways to interact with the land. It's a writhing, squirmy sandbox for players and their characters to explore. But there’s more:
- More Meat Men!
- The Meat Lord’s mighty Dreadnought, made of flesh and nightmares and tentacles.
- So many worms: Zombie worms and Chaos Worms and Slime Worms galore!
- Caves full of skittering Kaldane!
- A lake made entirely of blood that grants great power. Or death.
- Perhaps a Worm Golem?
We wrote Worm Witch: the Life and Death of Belinda Blood in the modular, table-friendly manner of our critically acclaimed Vanilla Adventure--each entry has everything you need on the page or spread to run it, including encounter tables, treasure tables, monster stats, and rumors.
Part 1: New Classes
The Worm Warden and the Worm Witch are presented in the awesomely precise Old-School Essentials manner.
Part 2: Worm Magic
There are 42 Worm Witch spells, like Worm Courier, Worm Whip, Mass of Maggots, Host of Horrors and many, many more. They are presented in the concise manner of the Old-School Essentials system, using bullet points and minimalist descriptions.
Part 3: Annalida
The island of Annalida, last bastion of neutrality in a world beset by the conflicting powers of law and chaos, broken down into 20 separate location entries. Explore the island and unearth the story of Belinda Blood.
Where did she come from? And more importantly, where is she now?
Part 4: Worms
Annalida is an island of Worms and we present descriptions and stats for 22 different worms! From Brain Worms to Zombie Worms, this section has them all!
We've changed systems, from Lamentations of the Flame Princess to Gavin Norman's awesome Old School Essentials, but it willbe easy to run for any of the major OSR systems. In the future the definitive version of Chaos Gods Come to Meatlandia will be fully updated to Old School Essentials so this supplement is future-fitted and ready to party.
In fact, Worm Witch: the Life and Death of Belinda Blood is the first official third-party game supplement for Old-School Essentials!
All books will be printed at 6x9 with a full-color Adhesive Case Bound hardcover. Inside there are 72 pages printed on 80# sword gloss paper to make the amazing art shine with its full potential.
This is without a doubt the best supplement ever written for Meatlandia. The estimated delivery date is October 2019.
Since The Chaos Gods Come to Meatlandia was published in 2016, it has garnered glowing reviews from those who enjoy weird and imaginative elements in their RPGs. But don't just take our word for it.
- "The sheer creativity, imagination, goofiness, grossness, usefulness, and fun of this book, coupled with its strong and consistent theme of order putrefying into chaos while reality takes a lunch break, make this a must-buy for all you OSR freaks and geeks out there." - Justin Stewart, Dragons Gonna Drag
- "Chaos Gods Come to Meatlandia comes across as a late night cartoon on Adult Swim and it knows DAMN WELL what it is doing and doesn’t hold back." - Age of Dusk
- "[T]he amount of great, gross, icky material on hand is just f*cking commendable." - Greg Gorgonmilk
- "[O]verall this is a fun book for a weird place that will fit into any gonzo campaign and would work nicely to give your players a curveball in a more straightforward campaign." - Jarrett Crader
- "[T]he most full-on weird RPG thing I've ever read. Plenty of RPG books promise weirdness but, IME, few deliver. This book both brings it and cranks It up to 11." - James Hargrove
- "The theme of Meatlandia, the inevitable breakdown of bodies into components to be consumed, in some cases literally, is a theme that resounds, particularly nowadays. The writing and ideas herein are absolutely phenomenal." - Endzeitgeist
We've spent the last year writing, editing, and making art for this book. It is 95% ready to go, although Wind keeps adding new, weird, gross, fantastic art. He can't help himself. It is mostly ready, we JUST NEED YOU!
We are running this Kickstarter so we will be able to do a 200 (minimum) book print run. Our plan is that once the Kickstarter is complete and funds are received, we will send the final book off to print and get our custom t-shirts screened.
We have priced everything out and are going to provide backers with the best deals around as a thanks supporting our campaign. See the list of all the rewards available here:
- Bookmarked full-version PDFs of Worm Witch The Life and Death of Belinda Blood and every other book from our entire collection
- Beautiful, high quality hardcover version of Worm Witch The Life and Death of Belinda Blood with all printed stretch goals that were unlocked included (2 or 4 color printed interior, 3d spot gloss cover, envelope with map, & printed end pages with tables).
- "I Shall Guide Thy Hand" Original art t-shirt by Wind Lothamer (Sizes XS-XXL). Sizes will be selected in backer survey at the end of the Kickstarter. T-shirt will ship to US customers as soon as it is ready. It will ship Internationally with the book.
- Custom, thick, durable, die-cut, weather-proof, vinyl stickers!
- Signed and numbered limited edition 8.5"x10" print of the Worm Witch on textured archival print paper (Giclée). LIMITED REWARD - ONLY 15 NUMBERED PRINTS AVAILABLE!
- Your name in lights! You will get the thanks you deserve for your MUCH appreciated generosity in print in the new Worm Witch: Life and Death of Belinda Blood book. LIMITED REWARD - ONLY A TOTAL OF 30 NAMES POSSIBLE!
- A custom class in written just for you (or someone you know)! Ahimsa will write your very own custom class based in Meatlandia! LIMITED REWARD - ONLY 10 CUSTOM CLASSES AVAILABLE!
If we are lucky enough to reach our goal, we have some pretty awesome stretch goals lined up for you too! Check them out:
- $7500 - An envelope attached to the inside back cover of the book with a custom, fold out map. Store the map in the envelope or whatever else you'd like!
- $10,000 - Matte cover with 3D spot gloss title
- $15,000 - Printed End Pages - with Annalida specific Chaos Storm tables for quick reference
- $18,000 - 2 color art (see B&W vs. 2-color vs. full color below)
- $20,000 - Worm Witch custom miniature (as an add-on for ONLY $5)
- $22,000 - Kaldane custom miniature (as an add-on for ONLY $5)
- $25,000 - a new version of The Chaos Gods Come to Meatlandia, updated to be compatible with Gavin Norman's Old School Essentials. Everyone who pays for a backer level that contains a hardcover version of The Chaos Gods Come to Meatlandia will get this for free if it is UNLOCKED! Others will have the option to purchase at a discount,
- $28,000 - Full color art (see B&W vs. 2-color vs. full color below)
Brought to you by Knight Owl Publishing, the team that brought you the Best Silver Seller The Chaos Gods Come to Meatlandia, the Best Copper Seller and Bryce Lynch's Best of The Vanilla Adventure, Best Copper Seller Black Blade of the Demon King, Best Copper Seller Invasion of the Tuber Dudes and more.
Check out more about Ahimsa Kerp (author) and Wind Lothamer (artist) at our website... https://knightowlpublishing.com/about-us/
Risks and challenges
This is our first kickstarter, aye, but the art is done, the writing is 95 percent done, and the layout is well on its way. We've been printing and selling books from our website for a couple years now. This kickstarter is just to get us enough to do a really nice print run!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter