- Mainframe Computers, Engines, exist since 1900 thus massively advancing science and technology, however the transistor is yet to be invented.
- The 1st World War, the Great War, lasted longer and enabled the rise and fall of a global communist revolution led by Leon Trotsky and the Union of Syndicated Socialist Republics (USSR) changing the global geopolitical landscape.
- A strange fog, The Miasma, has devoured all of Europe and warped it into an otherworldly jungle-swamp where monstrous creatures roam and its crazed mutated inhabitants worship strange gods.
- The discovery of ancient ruins points to strange inhuman entities and civilizations, and the development of dangerous new innovations.
- Due to the growth of the Miasma, the USSR collapsed, with a global communist state becoming a nostalgic dream.
- All powerful nations exist in state of war or Cold War with the others, where intrigue and brutal conflict are a deadly constant.
By 1984, the great continental powers are at each other's throats, ideologically opposed and ready for total war. Explorations into the Miasma are sent to find hidden edges in continental conflicts and to understand it more in order to prevent its terrifying next expansion.
This universe has been under development for over a year now; we are sure you are going to love it, fear it and want more of it. Join us through the beginning of this journey via project updates and Kickstarter livestreams to learn more about the world, the factions, the characters, the eldritch powers and everything else we have prepared for you.
There is still some work to do for refining details, so your comments will be taken into account for this new universe that we will be creating together. We want you to feel part of Eldritch Century as much as we do!
Eldritch Century will become a skirmish game and war game in October 2018 and role playing game and exploration board game in 2019. Right now we are releasing the models in resin miniatures for all other gamers around the world who -like us- enjoy highly detailed miniatures.
The scale of the miniatures is 32mm.
By default miniatures will be delivered assembled and primed, ready to paint and with minimal clean up on your part. BUT you will be able to select on BackerKit if you want to receive your minis not assembled.
To include additional miniatures to your pledge:
- Click on "Manage my pledge"
- Confirm that you would like to change your pledge.
- Add the total cost of the addiitonal miniatures you wish to include.
- On Backerkit, you will be able to select your items so we can fulfill your order without mistakes.
All backers will receive the PDF Primer for the Wounded Earth along with a one-shot campaign featuring the Bishop Raiders.
Pledge Levels Packs
Stay tuned for an All-in reward tier after unlocking another squad miniatures...
The first stretch goal will affect all medium size monsters so all miniatures on each monster pack will be unique. (Color will remain grey; graphic is just for reference)
Check project updates for more details of this Eldritch Century.
The Fate of the Crowden Party
In 1969, Sir Ebert Parmenides and a team of scientists, explorers and engineers launched the biggest expedition ever recorded; mobilising massive amounts of equipment and power armours of Atlantean manufacture into the depths of Miasma. After establishing an outpost near the coastal city of Nice, smaller parties departed into the the european continent. Many a party suffered setbacks and faced insurmountable obstacles, others were successful at gathering valuable research information. None of them, however, faced the grim fate that befell the party led by Archibald Julius Crowden.
Shipping will be charged through BackerKit when the campaign ends; that way we can ensure you pay a reasonable fee. It is not our purpose to earn money on shipping so we will charge accordingly to weight and location. This is so we can be fair to all our backers as shipping is rarely one size fits all.
Shipping varies depending on the amount of miniatures (volume & weight) and location, this are our estimated shipping fees (up to the All-in pledge). More backers in the same region means better shipping fees for everyone in that region.
- USA: US$5 to US$15
- Canadá: CAD$8 to CAD $20
- México: MX$150 to MX$200 (Local pickup available in Mexico City)
- Europe: €12 to €29
- Rest of the World: US$16 to US$35
By working with fulfillment partners, we can currently offer friendly-shipping for North America (USA, Mexico and Canada) and Europe. Depending on how the campaign develop, we might explore the possibility of adding other regions of the world.
For this Kickstarter campaign we have partnered with other successful Tabletop Kickstarter creators:
While we are 12 people working at Draco Studios, more than 30 people have contributed to make Eldritch Century a fascinating setting.
- Rubén Bañuelos: Content Leader
- Alejandro Guzmán: Content Coordinator
- Hugo Huesca Thomas: Main writer
- Angus Abranson: Editor & consultant
- Jerry D. Grayson: Writer
- Diego Suárez: Writer & Content Creator
- Enrique Toledo: Content creator
- Sergio Cruzado: Content Creator
- Dani Ehrli: Art Director & Sculptor
- Heriberto Valle: Sculptor
- Mara Art: Cover Art & Main Artist
- Irene Aretia: Character Concept Artist
- David Yáñez: Monster Concept Artist
- Jaime Hernandez: Landscape Concept Artist
- Other artists: George Pricope, Konrad Langa, Grzegorz Pedrycz, Gianina Villagrá
- Abraham Cruz: Miniature Caster
- Juan Ramos: Game designer
- Renato Escalante: Lead Graphic Designer & Logo Designer
- Ricardo Torrero: Graphic Designer consultant
- Natalia Hernández: Graphic Designer
- William Burgos: Project Manager, Kickstarter consultant
- Gonzalo Díaz: Sales manager
- Alejandro Reyes: Lawyer
We are currently working in the skirmish game which will launch on October 2nd, 2018. We will be demoing at GenCon.
Join into our Ambassador Facebook group to stay in tune!
Risks and challenges
With this campaign we want to share Eldritch Century with the amazing community of gamers while at the same time providing some great miniatures. Some of them might not be obtainable elsewhere.
Since we are still focused on launching the skirmish game in October and the RPG on mid 2019, this campaign was designed to have production under control.
We already have manufactured our own high quality resin miniatures with our printer Asiga pico 2 HD 27 microns, created molds, optimized process and casted reproductions from the master miniatures. We know our limits in terms of production capacity in order to fulfill on time; if necessary (if the campaign has a superb response) reward tiers will be limited according to that capacity and new ones will be opened for a second wave of backers and shipping.
Stretch Goals were thought so that our sculptors and casters don't get delayed with the timeline for the Skirmish game.
Having two successful Kickstarter creators aboard of the team and running this campaign (Aether Tower/La Caravana Gamelab + Axolote Gaming) makes us feel confident that we have the experience to solve the possible unexpected issues (if any) with manufacture and shipping.
This the first campaign for a physical product of Draco Studios but we are committed to do everything right and connect with people from around the world who share the love for this hobby too.
This will be a transparent campaign, if any issues occur, we will let you know through project updates – which will be regularly posted after the campaign is funded. At least once per month.
We are so committed to publish our products with the best quality, that we will put money from our pockets if needed in case of any undesired events.
BackerKit is our preferred software to manage the pledges and to ensure a smooth process for our backers for selecting add-ons. Backers should answer their surveys before the indicated deadline to expect to receive their rewards at the promised time. Otherwise, their rewards will be sent on a second wave of deliveries or incur in extra shipping charges.
Manufacture will be held in Mexico at our workshop and we aim to get top-quality production. If your product arrives damaged after shipping or has any missing pieces due to assembly problems, we will send you a replacement for no extra cost. We might ask you to return the other copy and send proof of the issue with a picture (in case we need to file a claim with the postal service).
The extra funds collected will be used to improve the product, either with extra content, alternate poses or better packaging.
Even though we are trying to offer you a flawless campaign, we don't know if this campaign will get enough backers to reach the funding goal. We have a large team that will work everyday in sharing the project. We would like to ask for your help to spread the word with a friend, a local store, or your social media.
Third-party issues happening during shipping will be treated in a case-by-case basis. We will share with you every progress related to the project.
- (30 days)