Normandy: VASSAL version of the game!
Dear Backers, (link en español)We are really excited to announce that creators of “Normandy, The Beginning of the End” and Bart de Groot has teamed up to develop the VASSAL version of the game!
Among others, these are the features already implemented:
- Initiative window with automatic roll.
- Turn & Phase Tracker, with automatic triggers for initiative roll, out-of-command calculations and clearing status.
- Units can be configured for any available company and can be set to Green or Veteran units.
- Shaded overlay showing range of fire for different attack types.
- Shaded overlay showing leader´s command range.
- Movement trails.
- Leaders can activate formations.
- Units show status such as routed, double time or reacting.
- Units FF are automatically updated on steps lost.
- Off-board artillery procedure, to include concentrated and dispersed fire. - Numbered casualties track.
- Smokes Screen persistence automatized.
Bart de Groot, an experienced VASSAL module creator, has built an amazing module that we hope is to your taste. Bart has developed several VASSAL modules, including Memoir´44, The Great War C&C, No Retreat 2: The North African Front + Crete, No Retreat 3: The French and Polish Fronts and No Retreat 4: The Italian Campaign, among others. It has also contributed to many other modules such as Command and Colors: Napoleonics, Combat Commander: Europe and Twilight Struggle.
If you already don´t have VASSAL installed on your computer, go to www.vassalengine.org/ and be ready to call up your friends for an online game soon.
More news to come. Stay tuned, soldier!