A board game where players roll dice to plant, water, and harvest five types of veggies, with an unexpected element of strategy. Read more
This project was successfully funded on May 3, 2012.
Final Stretch Goal - $15,000
The gnomes and stickers have been unlocked and will be included with every copy of Garden Dice. The gnome tile will offer additional options for using the dice and the insect stickers will add some visual fun, so I'm very glad they will be included.
With only three days left in the campaign, another stretch goal is probably a long shot, but it's worth trying. Don Riddle, a Garden Dice supporter who's working on a game design of his own, suggested I create a small deck of cards to complement the game. I thought it was such a great idea that I asked for his permission to use it. Luckily for me, Don was happy to agree.
So what will the deck look like and how will it work? I don't have specifics right now because the idea is new and a lot of play testing will be involved, but here are just a few card ideas (some of them Don's):
- Transplant - Switch the location of any two veggie tiles on the board.
- Gentle Rain - You may water an opponent's tile. If you do, you may also water one of your own. Chaining effects still occur.
- Sunny Day - Take another turn immediately after this one, but only roll two dice that turn.
- Shoo! - You may pick one bird or rabbit to be removed from the board. Return the tile to its owner along with any ownership marker(s) on it.
- Midnight Raid - You may switch the ownership markers of any two veggie tiles on the board.
- Lucky Break - add one pip to a single die that is used to water or harvest a tile this turn.
To be clear, the cards will not be included with the base game, as I don't want to hold up production. Rather, they would be available sometime in the first part of 2013 as a mini-expansion. Of course, all Kickstarter supporters would receive the cards for free when they're ready (one set per game). They will also be available later on, either for sale separately or as a promo.
Josh is working on some sample art so you can get an idea of what a card would look like; I'll post it as soon as it's ready. In order to make this final stretch goal possible, I'd like to raise a grand total of $15,000, so please
help spread the word.