This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Wed, December 12 2018 7:54 AM UTC +00:00.
Always planning your Tabletop RPG battles around which mini-figurines you own, finally finished painting, or can carry with you? Tired of never having the right ones, or enough? Or, is your party of droopy-sworded adventurers clashing with wave of old coins and legos?
Doodles and Dragons' mission is to provide cohesive, high-quality, budget-friendly tokens for tabletop role-playing games.
Doodles and Dragons token sets are:
- $0.35 per token (1/10th of the cost of average mini-figurines! ($0.27 per token with the Backers' Big Box)) !
- Fully compatible with TTRPG maps and mini-figurines!
- Professionally illustrated with unique hand-drawn artwork on every token!
- Professionally printed and die-cut on durable 1.5mm heavy-duty chipboard!
- Initially available in two sets: the Missing Mine Starter Set and the Kickstarter exclusive Backers' Big Box !
- Available as physical products or PDF versions for the DIYer!
After a frustrating attempt to play the official 5th Ed D&D Starter Set campaign without expensive visual resources, Doodles and Dragons was born of markers and scrap boards. With your funding support, these simple and cost-effective token sets can be available to your adventure party! With Doodles and Dragons token sets, tabletop veterans and new players alike can play without the prep!
Tokens are initially available in two sets:
- The Missing Mine Starter Set contains 142 tokens: every token needed to run the entire official 5th Ed D&D Starter Set campaign. This includes all monsters needed to roll on the random encounter tables, NPCs, and a male and female option for each of the set's pregenerated characters.
- The Backer's Big Box contains every token drawn so far; nearly 250 tokens in total! This set is only available during the Kickstarter and also comes with limited edition box art. Early backers will also be able to request a "Medium" sized token included in the set!
Tokens are sized to a 1":5' scale found in most tabletop role-playing games and are fully compatible with maps and mini-figurines.
Each illustration is designed, drawn, and colored by hand at very near the size they will be printed. This guarantees a clear and unique image free of visual clutter.
PDF versions are instantly available and contain all high-res artwork formatted for printing on standard US and international paper sizes! As a bonus during the Kickstarter, all physical purchases will come with PDF versions.
Token sets are professionally printed on heavy-duty chipboard; 1.5mm thick and die-cut to size inside a sturdy fully-illustrated storage box.
The costs come to roughly $0.35 per token ($0.27 per token with the Backer's Big Box) presenting a tremendous value for any Game-Master looking to add options and bring flexibility to their game.
The Missing Mine Starter Set:
A portion of the extra tokens in the Backers' Big Box:
At Doodles and Dragons, we believe in 100% American made products. This ideal lets us rest confident that our business helps to support the local economy and sustain jobs while having less impact on the environment. While that does mean that the primary cost is in the printing and production, it also ensures that we have a direct line of clear communication with a local specialty printer! To top it off, the benefits of having our product made 100% in America still does not raise the average price of the individual mini above a staggeringly low price of $0.35 per token!
- Domestic shipping is $8/set through USPS Priority Mail.
- International shipping is $26/set and will also be through the USPS Priority Mail.
- Multiple set orders will be consolidated into the smallest shipment at the lowest cost through USPS Priority Mail.
Token sets have been carefully curated to maximize the use of materials to provide the lowest price. This means any stretch goals are already included in the product! There are no stretch goals for this campaign to make it as simple as possible for backers.
The Missing Mine Starter Set is finished and ready to be sent to the printer. Upon 100% funding of this Kickstarter, printing will start and shipments will be prepared.
The Backer's Big Box is only waiting for the backer requests come in; then the artwork can be finalized and sent to the printer!
Once funded, Doodles and Dragons token sets and PDFs will be available for purchase on DoodlesandDragons.com and sets will be available on Amazon online marketplaces, with new campaign sets to come!
Doodles and Dragons tokens are currently available on several of the most popular virtual tabletop platforms, Roll20 and D20PRO, and are coming soon to Fantasy Grounds.
While designing a D&D campaign over the summer of 2017, I, Seattle-based fine-artist and Dungeon-Master Jonathan Happ, needed visuals to keep track of what was going on. After visiting my local game-store to pick up a few mini-figurines and doing a bit of quick math, I was thoroughly discouraged at what my campaign was going to cost. As a professional maker of things, I went home, pulled out a few mat-board scraps and drawing supplies, and created an extensive and unique collection of full-color illustrated tokens, and thus Doodles and Dragons was born! Check out the original token set here!
Doodles and Dragons' concept and imagery is created entirely by me, Jonathan Happ. I am a 2014 MFA recipient and international arts-scholar. I paint and teach university level fine-art at Seattle area academies and universities. This project has been a labor of love and I am thrilled to have the opportunity to release them!
Follow along on other media
- @DoodsnDrags on Instagram
- @DoodsnDrags on Twitter
- @jonnyhappleseed on Instagram
Thank you for checking this out, and a special thank you to my friends, family, fiancee, and followers for their help, support, and encouragement.
Risks and challenges
I have spent the last year researching and revising the token set to ensure the highest quality product possible. After numerous test printings, I feel confident in going forward with larger print runs.
The Backer's Big Box will be finished once backer requests have been submitted.
Despite my professional shipping experience, there is always a potential for unforeseen complications. Be specific with domestic and international addresses. If there is any confusion, you will be contacted for clarification.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- All gone!