This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Tue, March 12 2019 3:53 PM UTC +00:00.
Are you interested in learning new things?
Do you want to learn how to code and make the game you want?
Or perhaps you want to improve your cooking?
Or maybe you want to impress your date with your guitar skills?
All of these things may sound hard, especially when you don’t know where to start, and probably, it sounds like that because it used to be. Not anymore.
What's the offer?
BYTE offers the best alternative to regular tutorials, our method is simple, based in three main fundamentals: video-tutorial, written explanation and step by step, all together. You watch a video of how to do it, then you can read a description and explanation of what you just watch, and you also have written explanation of how to do it. Whenever you’re ready with that step, you can simply press continue and go on with the next step until you finish.
We know that learning new things is always a challenge, and regular tutorials may not be as clear as we would like them to. This is why BYTE changes the game and helps you achieve anything you want to do.
Exactly... What is BYTE?
BYTE is a tutorial platform with a new method called “human-method”, based on tried principles that facilitate a lot following tutorials and learning of them. Specially for beginners. Through step-by-step, visual and written explanations. This method let you increase your thinking time and helps to assimilate knowledge in a way, regular video-tutorials or written tutorials, don't, making it SUPER EASY for you to build a website, make a game or bake an amazing cake.
Okay, but I got YouTube, Why do I need BYTE?
As the video project says.
If you have ever followed a video-tutorial, you may have found these problems:
- 20 min tutorial for something that is gonna take you 1 min.
- The video explains as if you’ve been doing this your whole life.
- They say terms related with the tutorial that you don’t know.
- You can’t skip over sections to get to what you are looking for or to even check if this is actually what you want.
- If you missed something, you will need to find what you missed in that 20 minutes tutorial.
BYTE simplifies tutorials:
- Each step goes straight to the point.
- We explain EVERYTHING we do, including terms we use, commands (in PC tutorials).
- We also explain how to do what we do, in case that then of the video and written explanation you still don't get it. (Don't feel bad in that case, it's normal, that's why we added resource).
- You can go through steps very easy. You can also repeat them (without looking at what second did it started), and going back to the last step.
- You won't miss any step. Our tutorials are step by step and automatically stops in each step, only when you're done with that step, press continue and go ahead with the next step.
How does BYTE tutorials work?
Let's say it easy.
We want to make BYTE for everybody, some people learn easier with written tutorials, other learn easier with video tutorials. That's why our tutorials are the combination of both ways. Making it very easy for everyone to follow a tutorial.
We also will add audio explanation for people with eyesight problems.
Just like kids do.
What is human-method?
We called it human-method because is the way humans usually learn. See something, get an explanation, do it and learn.
In BYTE, With every step you take, we show you a video for you to watch what we did. We stop the video, and explain you everything we did in text form. Finally, we explain how to do it in the easiest way possible, and when you’re ready with that step, you can simply press continue and go on with the next step until you finish.
When needed, we also give you a resource starter pack with the tutorial, containing art, scripts and fonts, for you to follow the tutorial and also customize your project the way you want.
What tutorials will I get with BYTE?
Initially, we will have 7 categories of tutorials:
- For Programmers (Unity, UE4, HTML and more),
- For Designers (Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch),
- For Food-Lovers (Cooking),
- For Gamers (Game Levels, how to get Easter Eggs and more),
- For Makers (DIY crafting)
- For Musicians (How to play songs and more)
- For Beautiful People (Make Up)
We want to make BYTE a platform with a lot of tutorials in a lot of languages and a lot of categories for everyone. To ensure this BYTE initially:
Features BYTE will have:
Will be available in the following platforms: Web, Android, iOS, Kindle.
Will be available in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, French, Italian and German.
Will have more than 50+ tutorials whilst adding 1 tutorial weekly, following community suggestions about topics.
Love the idea for our platform? Help us make it happen!
The two main things you can help us with are pledging and sharing.
We need your support.
If you love the idea, please consider pledging to the project. Every single donation matters and means A LOT, even if it's only $1!
Can we count with your support?
2) Help us sharing
With every single share on social media, we get one step closer to get funded.
If you love the project, help is sharing our campaign. Just click with the button below
Every help is well received!
From pledges to sharing, we appreciate A LOT every help you give us!
With your help, we can make tutorials for everyone!
Thanks a lot for your support!
Get our presskit here.
Risks and challenges
Whether it is a delayed launch date or a major change in a game's feature, I will always be transparent about what comes next. Bringing you early supporters into the project's development will be my priority. As a supporter you can expect weekly updates and exclusive info leading all the way up to launch.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- All gone!