Historical medieval metal coin for your games
Historical medieval metal coin for your games
For those who prefer metal rather than plastic or cardboard when playing their favorite games. Tabletop & RPG will never be the same!
For those who prefer metal rather than plastic or cardboard when playing their favorite games. Tabletop & RPG will never be the same! Read more
About this project
This summer I organise a live action role-playing game (LARP) during a teenages summer camp. With the other animators we think it will be great to use realistic metal coins instead of various cardboard or plastic tokens. We decided to launch this kickstarter in order to reduce the cost and make this project a reality.
You will be able to choose between differents sets of coins depending on the strech goal we will reach. All our drawings are deliberately close to historical design to respect the theme of our camp and keep every one in the mood.
Some strech goals will unlock more content for every backers, others correspond to the minimal quantity to make different design.
We want the community to be part of the creation of those coin. For every "new design" stretch goal we will create a poll in order to let you choose wich drawing will be unlock.
Here are some boardgames for which you can use our coins instead of the one they actually use.
We currently have a fullfilment center in France to dispatch in EU&Switzerland. Depending of your support we might open up another one in Australia or/and in the US&Canada (then the port will be the same than for the EU).
If you want more than 25 sets please contact us so we can work out together.
We are happy to work with retailers. You will receive exactly the same as all other backers. Note that this campaign is 100% exclusive. We do not intend to sell these coins otherwise after the campaign (exept maybe in another KS for our next year camp : D). We only ask you not to do pre-order online before the actual reception of your packages.
For large group pledge (more than 25 sets), please just make sure the non-leading backer of the group pledge the 1€ level so they will receive the update and be involved in the campaign.
For everyone who pledges at the 1€ level or adds 1€ to their pledge, we're going to toast you on camera sometime in the weeks following the end of the campaign. We'll mention your name and your favorite medieval character (real or from medieval fiction).
It's just a fun idea we took from Jamey Steigmaier, Kickstarter's lesson. It is also usefull for you because as a backer you will receive all the campaign update and will be allowed to comment
- We Need You: We've designed the coins, but we need you to reach the minimum quantity to manufacture them. And the more we are, the more designs will be possible to produce.
- Make it Better for Everyone: The more stretch goals we reach, the more coins you get, the more design you unlock!
- Limited Availability: This campaign is a 100% Kickstarter exclusive and those coins will only be available in the retail store which pledge during the campaign. Late pledge and post campaign add-on will be possible only during two weeks after the end of the campaign.
- Be part of the adventure: You will be the ones who choose wich design will be the next one to be made available.
- Money-Back Guarantee: If you decide you don't like our coin within 1 month of receiving it, you can return it for a full pledge refund. We'll even pay for shipping.
Risks and challenges
It's our first kickstarter and the first time we are making coins but we are confident it will work fine. We have backed a lot of KS, some of them succeeded, other didn't, we received some and are waiting for others… We read a lot, especially Jamey Steigmaier's lessons and we took numerous advices.
We know what's important: preparation, communication, honesty and regular updates.
In order to be sure this campaign will succeed we look for the best partnership in every domain:
- We still need to choose between two manufacturers in China but both have great experiences in coins making : 7Wonders's for one, Libertalia's for the other.
- Freight from the factory to the fulfillment center will be consolidated with an established publisher,
- The dispatching in Europe will be managed by Philibert, a french retailer that has already shipped numerous Kickstarters such as Conan, Kharnage or Outlived.
One important cause for delay are late anwers to the end of project survey.
To this end, we will send out the surveys as soon as the project ends, with a return date of April 15th. After this cut-off date, any backer who hasn't specified what set they choose will receives random ones.
Support this project
- (7 days)