- Update #01 - The universe is hungry!
- Update #02 - PAX Rising!
- Update #03 - The Creation of Revion Prime (Making of)
- Update #04 - Mission Update / Animation Reel
- Update #05 - Like a Boss !
- Update #06 - State of the Game / Payment options
- Update #07 - Pantropy
- Update #08 - Best Kickstarter Games
- Update #09 - Solar Warden
- Update #10 - Zoan Ship and Main Character
- Update #11 - Dolmen Call to Arms
- Update #12 - Dev Diary Vlog
- Update #13 - 73% FUNDED SPECIAL THANKS
Cosmic Horror and Sci-Fi are two ways to talk about Dolmen. It is a third person action game with RPG elements but with a lovecraftian plot that calls players to find what’s behind the darkest secret of the universe!
A forgotten planet called Revion Prime will be the place where the action takes part. And it won’t be easy: Adaptation and exploration will be your main weapons as you craft new items and equipments from your enemies’ carcasses! Every step can be your last one!
Use your experience points to improve yourself and face what no human has ever faced. After all, quoting David Hume: “The life of man is of no greater importance to the universe than that of an oyster.” Maybe he was right… Or not.
We are a young studio based in Natal-RN, Brazil. We have collaborators in Campinas, in other cities here in Brazil and abroad. Our professionals have in common the love for games and the dedication to the challenge of making the best game as possible! Therefore, our motto is work, work and work!
The demo will be available to all backers, after all, you're going to be all visitors of outerspace! You will get a key by Kickstarter messages, so pay attention to your e-mails. Estimated time to receive the key is 2 hours but it can take up to 48 hours depending on the number of backers on the same period.
Once you get the key, you must activate it in the Steam client by clicking in "Add Game..." and then "Active a Product on Steam", then just paste your key and follow on-screen instructions.
You are allowed to take screenshots, record or stream play as you please.
If you encounter any bugs while playing please report them by sending us an email to email@example.com or by joining our Discord Server and posting it in the #bug-track channel: Invite
You can also contact us by email or Discord if you have any questions about this Kickstarter campaign.
On this campaign, as you can see, we ask 90K to keep our process. But we have more. We possess ideas, concepts and plans to finish Dolmen as we intend to have your support to conclude its first and second level.
Creating a game like that is challenging, so we decided to launch this campaign based on the beginning, since our developers are negotiating with publishers that showed interest on our work.
Revion Prime is big and it demands the best of us. We hope you are interested too and support our project as well.
What’s left to someone put in such a situation? Well, if you’ll have to face the unpredictable, you’ll have to improvise!
Intense Melee Combat
Experience rich combat with various types of melee weapons and moves! Attack, block and dodge, as you try to escape from the enemies as well as damage them.
Smart Ranged Combat
Use ranged weapon's elemental shots to cause different debuffs on enemies! All creatures answer specifically to each combination, making the battles always innovative and demanding, so you have to be always attentive!
To activate your ranged weapons, some energy must be spent. But this isn’t the only use of Energy. By activating the Energy Mode, your melee weapon will be empowered too! Also, you can use a portion of Energy to recover a small portion of your HP quickly. But beware, energy does not regenerate by itself, so use it carefully!
Surviving is the last thing the cosmos wants you to do... Along your way, many creatures will try to end your journey to continue their own!
The human race deserves to subsist? Many alpha predators will say no!
All environment will provide a feeling of being apart from Earth, which means that a whole new kind of views are waiting for you.
Fungi, corpses and amorphous stalactites compound the way. Different kinds of vegetal life infest the ecosystem of Revion Prime.
Every level shows different ways to understand the place: Its plants, fog and terrain will be constantly changing and more and more daring… A whole world can be yours. But you’ll never be yourself again…
Explore a Ruined World and Find its Secrets
Behold this unforgiving planet called Revion Prime, the last maze to reach the Dolmen!
Craft equipments (weapons and armor) and upgrade them to become part of an alien society or what’s left of it…
You must scour this alien planet, harvest Materials, from dead bodies and create the ultimate survivor gear!
Look for the answer or make your own!
Your character has an array of attributes that can be leveled up by using XP, gained from defeating the strangest life forms!
You can level up your character however you want to suit your specific play style.
Collaborate with other Players to survive in this extraterrestrial ambiance.
Be challenged and compete with other Players, adding another layer of difficulty and interaction in the game.
Keep in mind that all multiplayer functionality is not included in the base game. Please help us reach the Stretch Goals so we can add Multiplayer support to the experience! It would be awesome!
You can get help to dominate Revion Prime and to fend off those that invade your timeline.
Invade others player’s timelines and take what must be yours!
Area with Online Exclusive Content
There will also be areas with exclusive content for the multiplayer, with tasks to complete in a group.
Learn the language of the universe as you struggle to stay alive!
The plot may be comprehended as an investigation focusing the past and future of an alien planet as seen through the eyes of a human being. Although his original task was very different from that, he was brought to a reality never seen before, with no resources and unprepared for what he will find there.
Uncover the truth by finding and connecting each piece of the lost alphabet of this galaxy!
The music was thought as a mix between sci fi atmosphere and the epic cinematic mood we want to provide. Here, the Classic and the Electronic are walking side by side: As we listen to the sounds of breathing of our character, we can hear a strange machine working and more! A choir coming from the abyss, echoes and drums! Powerful voices and the murmur of the universe...
This hybrid creation tries to bring the tension of fighting against the unknown. The feeling to be far from home. And to be honest, it’s so emotionally moving that we sometimes listen to every track before start working!
Thanks to our Composer Antônio Teoli, we know how an alien planet sounds like!
Complete the Missions to unlock the Achievements. You can do that by interacting, liking, sharing and following our social networks:
You can also help us in other ways them backing us! How? By completing the following missions all community will earn points, those points will unlock achievements that will be available to everyone, it's a WIN-WIN scenario, guys! Doing this, you'll help us by sharing social media! And we will create more content and interactions for everyone, what do you think?
With those hard earned points (and some spilled alien blood) you will unlock the achievements below, full of fun interactions with the devs and more. On the left column are the goodies, on the right the required points. Now, focus on the prize!
Tier 1 - $10: The Abyss Supporter
- Name in the Credits - Your name in the game credits.
- Special Thanks E-mail - You get our fully appreciation in a specially crafted email.
- Access to Demo - Access to the Demo before everyone, you will receive it on a Kickstarter message.
- Digital Wallpaper Pack - Get a pack of exclusively made wallpapers, to make your desktop area a bit scarier.
Tier 2 - $20: The Powered Engine
- Digital Copy - Get a digital copy of Dolmen for the platform of your choice: PC or console.
- Monthly updates - Get monthly updates about our development progress.
- Plus everything from Tier 1.
Tier 3 - $35: The Avid One
- Updated Demos - Frequently updated demos, including the Closed Beta.
- Exclusive Discord - Access to a exclusive channel in the Community Discord Server.
Exclusive Equipment Skin - For those who back us from Tier 3 and on, the starting melee and ranged weapons and armor will have a unique skin, different from when the final game releases.
- Plus everything from Tier 2.
Tier 4 - $50: The Digital Kollector Summoning
- Digital Artbook - Get access to all the amazing art of Dolmen, with exclusive information of our creation process.
- Digital Soundtrack - Get your adrenaline flowing with the game soundtrack, in high quality.
- Plus everything from Tier 3
Tier 5 - $57: The Digital Kollector
- Digital Comic Book - Get a digital comic book with extra story to imerse yourself more in the Dolmen universe.
- Plus everything from Tier 4.
Tier 6 - $117: The Artifact Kollector
- Printed Artbook - All the juiceness of the Dolmen artbook in your hands! (Shipping Included)
- T-Shirt - When playing isn`t enough, make your body part of the Dolmen. (Shipping Included)
- Poster A3 - Decorate your room with the mystery of Dolmen. (Shipping Included)
- Plus everything from Tier 5.
Tier 7 - $137: The Star Devourer
- Printed Comic Book - Saciate your inner collector with the real world version of the horrific Dolmen Comic Book. (Shipping Included)
- Plus everything from Tier 6.
Tier 8 - $240: The Suns Kollector
- [Limited to the first 200]
- 15cm Statue - Get an super exclusive 1/12 Scale Statue of the Main Character in all of it Exoesqueleton grace. (Shipping Included)
- Plus everything from Tier 7.
Tier 9 - $800: The Kraftsman
- [Limited to the first 20]
- Create a Prop - Help create an unique Prop (a scenario object) for the game and receive a real 3D printed version of the object (15cm). The creation can be of a illustration made by yourself or just a text briefing and our artists will do the rest! (Shipping Included)
- Plus everything from Tier 8
Tier 10 - $1000: The Void Blacksmith
- [Limited to the first 10]
- Create a Weapon - Help create an unique Weapon for the game and receive a real 3D printed version of the weapon (15cm). The creation can be of a illustration made by yourself or just a text briefing and our artists will do the rest! (Shipping Included)
- Plus everything from Tier 8
Tier 11 - $2000: The Dolmen Entity
- [Limited to the first 2]
- Create an Armor - Help create an unique Armor for the game and receive a real 3D printed version of the armor (15cm). The creation can be of a illustration made by yourself or just a text briefing and our artists will do the rest! (Shipping Included)
- Plus everything from Tier 8.
Here you can get that extra item that we so much desire.
Please note that physical add-ons are available only for reward Tier 6 ($117+) and higher, due to shipping costs.
How it works:
- Click the "manage your pledge" button on the top of this page.
- Increase your pledge by the amount needed to claim the add-on(s).
- Save your pledge. Don't change the tier that you originally pledged at.
- After the campaign we will send out a survey asking what add-ons you want.
These are the add-ons that you can add to your pledge:
- Extra PC or Console copy - $15
- Digital Artbook - $15
- Digital Soundtrack - $15
Physical add-ons (REQUIRES TIER 6 OR HIGHER)
- Poster A3 - $15
- T-Shirt - $32
- Printed Comic Book - $25
- Printed Artbook - $55
The base game will feature one huge level, a true xenomorhic site, full of monsters, challenges, equipments and plot. But we do not want to stop there, after all, traveling so much to another galaxy must worth!
That's why our team has so much more content for you, more levels, stories, creatures and (some big) weapons! And not only that, but more platforms to support and gameplay modes (HERE'S A SPOILER: Multiplayer!).
But to reach this amount of content, we need you to help us to go beyond the base goal! We need you visiting Revion Prime with us! See what's in store for you below, the goals will unlock as the campaign progresses, ok?
We hope you're excited to learn more as we are to show you! We're only beginning!
As an orchestra, every instrument has its place and time inside a group! In our studio, it wouldn’t be different. Our team is filled with recognized professionals and brave space explorers that are used to work as a collective mind, gathering their specific areas in one shared goal! What would it be? Well, your fun, of course! To make good games you have to love them! And if we hadn’t love and fun, we wouldn’t be here right now! That’s our recipe to a great team!
A great deal of professionals no longer work with us, and not all of the current team is represented in the picture below. Even so, they all left and leaves their mark on Dolmen!
Other amazing talents contributed to bring Dolmen the point current stage, here are some of them: Alex Fontes (Concept Artist), Alexandre Wake (UI Designer), Daniel Motta (Programmer), Danilo Pinheiro (Rigger), Felipe Lima (Architect), Felipe Machado (Programmer), Francisco Berilo (Programmer), Francisco Catão (3D Animator), Gabriel Paula (3D Artist), Gustavo Medeiros (3D Artist), Harrison Hemeon (Concept Artist), João Marcos (Environment Designer), Lucca Medeiros (Concept Artist), Marcel Tsuruda (3D Artist), Mateus Quadros (Programmer), Michel Lima (3D Animator),Natália Bacetti (Concept Artist), Rafael Ribeiro (VFX Artist), Wesley Schneider (Rigger), Yan Kyohara (Concept Artist).
Initially the Dolmen Demo will be released for PC/Windows. When the final game releases it will support also PS4 and Xbox One.
Now, for other platforms, it all depends on the desire of the community. Give us feedbacks and send requests, if the demand is big we will consider it.
Initially the Dolmen Demo will be released with audio and text support for English and text support for Brazilian Portuguese.
When the final game releases it will support all major languages, including but not limited to: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, and more.
We will soon launch a survey to gather the community desires about platforms and languages to better comprehend and serve your needs.
Here's how we intend to spend your hard earned money to make Dolmen come true and give you a great gaming experience:
So far we invested over $400k in this project. But Dolmen is a big and ambitious game, for we an average of 30 people working full time on the game.
The value we ask is for the base game. With your support and reaching higher stretch goals we can deliver a more robust experience, with more levels, more supported platforms and online multiplayer!
Risks and challenges
Being here wasn't easy and we are aware that new ideas tend to ask new efforts. This is the point of working so much to ask your support here: The development of any big project demands sacrifices and a lot of adaptability.
We had to learn it along this process. Sometimes, we failed. Sometimes we succeeded. Both experiences taught us to don’t turn our back on our responsibilities. This process is not only about us, but it’s about you too. We are sharing a vision. We are sharing a world.
That’s why, as a studio, we feel this is the right place to say: Our goal is to do our very best to complete the game as outlined by our funding and stretch goals. If the schedule needed to change, our backers will be the first to know and we’ll be as transparent as possible. We’re in this together and there’s nothing wrong to taking risks if every one of us know how to fight against it. Because that’s what make us professionals.
Any doubt, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our developers can answer you directly. Any question is welcome.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (33 days)