by Dog Might Games
2! This looks really cool, i would love to learn more about what sorts of miniatures we could pick from. It would be even more amazing if you could stock them in your shop so I don't have to decide if I have the money to buy them now.
2 - Definitely interested in this, I'm always looking for dice that are unique in certain ways. As a student who lives in the UK though, and already backing this project, savings for cool dice plus shipping is a bit scarce. With a bit of time and specifics about the dice, including price, then I'll definitely be able to say yes or no :)
Thanks for all the great input. These are some amazing suggestions and thoughts. We will have another update out shortly with some answers and more questions for you all.
3 - as one who can't possibly spent more money one gaming equipment and watches this campaign go by with tears in her eyes... I would love to give you my 1$-support for your coming campaign, but I doubt I would be able to afford this piece of art...
1. Amazeballs! But like another poster, would prefer another Kickstarter in the future. Too many cool choices already in this campaign.
Would you offer the possibility of sending in our own mini?!? =D
2. I think the dice would be difficult to properly balance and thus relegated to shelf queens. The only resin dice with insert that I've seen that roll true have miniatures made of the same material as the clear resin.
The dice would photograph better if you didn't fill the numbers. The dice are more difficult to read, but the miniature look better.
Would the numbers be silk screened or some other applied surface? Or, would the numbers be cut or molded into each die?
2. my crew loves figures and dice but i want to know weight and shipping costs
You know what. If you guys don't do this with a Pixie/Fairy I'm going to hide in a corner and CRY! That's right a grown man in a corner weeping. Don't make a thing like that happen.
1. If there is a Pixie/Fairy option or Phoenix
1. If there is a Pixie/Fairy option
2 - As I'm in that would depend on the mini category as well.
1. I was sold before I even read what was in it. My God, stop taking all my money.
I'm like a 2. What I would love more is a D100 option. I don't have any good D100s and like them for them roll and randomness. But all the ones I see on the market are so... standard. I think a d100 boulder with a mini in it is way cooler. Or even having a d100 add on with the sets of polys for this project would be super cool.
@Brian. We could definitely do that.
We are going to put out another poll tomorrow to discuss options. We will also have a KS Live tomorrow at 3pm EDT to discuss further. Please, join us!
I'm definitely down for getting one...well... maybe a few more than one depending on how my wallet's feeling.
1...cuz these are dead sexeh!!!!
3. I think you may have some interest, but I'd really like to make my sets match. I'd love boulder with the artifact dice materials (not wood).
That is to say assuming the price is within reason, I'd definitely pledge for one - just tell me when the campaign starts.
I'm a #3. The idea is awesome and would be great for displaying, but in terms of using them, they seem too.. gimmicky. One of the things that really appeal to me about the wooden dice is that they're in some sense minimalist - one material, one pattern, one feel all the way, made from one piece of wood. That's my thing. Simple is best. Let the story provide the complexity.
Well, plus the inlay for the numbers. But then, who knows what I end up getting. This KS is the hardest I've ever seen in terms of figuring out what to get..
Also, boulders always feel disproportionately large to me, so they never feel entirely comfortable to me 🤔
#3 -- Not my thing, but I love watching the ideas you come up with. :D
@Dan. We thought of that and could explore it as an option. I will explain tomorrow.
#3. You do you, you crazy Lumberjacks.
2. Interested but I would need to learn more about specifics. Do you have any pictures before the #'s are etched/lasered/lumberjacked? Might make them a little easier to see. As Tiff said, being able to pick the mini color at least would be important.
2 - depending on cost and mini selection.
1 - I would get at least 1 just cuz they're cool and probably add a few,depending on price as a gift for other DMs and players in my group.
If beholders are an option, I'm saying "1".
2. Really neat - but I don't often use d20s (game I play once or twice a year) so I'd need to at least know how much they cost.
Yes, deciding on how we decide what minis go inside, but let's sit on that until tomorrow.
I'd say 1.5, I would definitely pledge for this no matter the circumstances, but I'm curious if a backer could select miniature concept inside (like an elf) or if it would be a blind bag concept.
Definitely a 2 but for the right price (and right mini) would be a 1
1. These are amaze-balls and I would pledge for (more than) one. With one caveat; I would want to be able to pick the mini color (minimum) or actual mini (best case) used in each die. So I guess technically that's a #2.
2... definitely 2... but a heavy lean towards a 1... because they ARE Amaze-balls!
Interested but I would need to learn more about specifics.
After some thought, I think I'd go for a 1 if I could get a Sparty in the middle and a 20 on every side.
1. These look amazing! I'd worry about balance/fairness with rolling, but definitely cool. I want one!
These are amaze-balls and I would pledge for one. It looks fantastic!!
Thanks for all the quick responses...keep 'em coming. Keep in mind that these would be available via the Pledge Manager that will open a few weeks after the KS ends, which could help out a bit.
I think you'd need a separate fulfillment expectation for these. 1) you need to find minis that the person would love. 2) paint it. 3) logistics
This may be better suited for your stock page where people can browse for what they want and not have fulfillment tied to this KS page.
I'd say a 1 for sure. I'd be more inclined, depending on their weight, to use them as decor at my office. They'd almost be too nice to actually roll IMHO.
2, with the understanding that I think these are great, but I won't have the money for a few months. Otherwise, it'd probably be 1. :D
1. I must have this!
2 --- definitely interested but you would be running this as a new campaign right? I'm already in for as much as I can afford on this kickstarter. A new month would bring new fun funds!
1! All the way. They are gorgeous!