Hi everyone, it's the final day of the campaign. Once more I want to thank you all for supporting Silicon Void. I also want to thank my collaborators Cody and Kirk for their excellent work on the demo.
Although this hasn't been a successful month, I want you to know that the game will continue. I had no illusions about the odds this campaign faced, so I've been prepared for this outcome. It will be a hobby project rather than a full-time job, so it will take much longer to complete, but I fully intend to complete it. Who knows - with time to reflect on the work we've done so far, the final product could end up being stronger for this setback.
Here are some ways you can keep an eye on the game going forward:
- Follow my Twitter (@doctorshrugs) and the game's Twitter (@SiliconVoidGame)
- Like the game's Facebook page
- Add my development blog to your RSS reader: http://www.doctorshrugs.com/blog/feed/
- Visit siliconvoid.com and join the mailing list (scroll down)
- If you have an account on itch.io, you can add the game to your collection and follow me as a creator
A few enthusiastic backers have suggested they would still like to contribute to the game in some way, and I'm considering ways of accepting that support that would feel appropriate. It may be as simple as enabling the tip jar on my itch.io page, or selling the soundtrack album on Bandcamp for $5 (the same as the reward tier). Let me know if those ideas appeal to you or any other suggestions you have.
Thank you so much for your support so far. I hope you'll stick around for the rest of the journey.