One of the most culturally significant horror films of all time is coming to The Overtime Theater.
Help bring George Romero’s classic film 'Night of the Living Dead' to the stage this October.
Not only do we want to bring NOTLD to the stage but we want to do it RIGHT and make sure it gets the proper treatment it so rightfully deserves. Our goals and dreams are high and we look to you, the people, to help bring this zombocalypse to LIFE!
NOTLD at the OT!!!!
WHAT is NOTLD at the OT!?
'Night of the Living Dead’, or NOTLD as it is referred to by the fans, is a joint stage production between The Overtime Theatre and Film Classics Productions. NOTLD is one of the most recognizable horror films of our time, introducing the modern zombie as we know it.
Our goal is to bring to you, the audience, an exciting adaptation of the groundbreaking George Romero zombie film classic - - LIVE on stage. We want this show to not just be a stage adaptation of the renowned horror film, but, to be an actual Stage Experience like no other.
We want you to feel the claustrophobic dread, to hang on to survivor's Hope, and to actually LIVE, for one night, with the Dead.
WHO is NOTLD at the OT?
The creative team – Bryan Ortiz, Robert Jerdee and Suzanne DeMarkova – are the driving force behind this adventure. Collectively they have garnered several accolades in film and theater productions such as SA Currents Best of 2012-2013, ATAC GLOBE winners for the hit musical DOCTOR “S” BATTLES THE SEX CRAZED REEFER ZOMBIES THE MUSICAL, as well as various awards for the recent feature film SANITARIUM starring Malcolm McDowell, Lacey Chabert, Chris Mulky, and David Mazouz.
Check out the other amazing team members:
- The Overtime – San Antonio's "theater for the people" has brought audiences innovative and accessible performances for six years. The Overtime performs only new works written by local authors and offers a space for experimentation and a home for writers, actors, visual artists, and musicians.
- Karen Arrendondo (designer) - Karen has been working in theatre for the past 10 years as a stagehand, technician, set, props and costume designer and events manager and scenic artist. She has worked for various theatres around San Antonio and also Austin, Dallas, Houston and Chicago. Karen received her BFA in Technical Theatre Design and Technology from Texas State in 2007 and is currently working on a MA in Counseling to eventually get certified as an Art Therapist.
- Gina Schneider (stage manager) - Gina received her first BA in Theatre from the University of the Incarnate Word. She also worked at Fiesta Texas in the 2001 season as a stage manager. After that she went back to school and earned a second BA from the University of Texas at San Antonio in Political Science.
- Susie Hamilton (costumes) – Susie Hamilton is one of San Antonio’s premiere costume designers. She received here BA in Theatrical Design from the University of Texas at El Paso and her credits range from high profile films such as 'Sanitarium' to shows such as Doctor “S” the Musical, 'Stranger', and 'Cabaret'. Susie is also the founder and owner of Free Rose Studios
- Laura Garcia (video) - Laura Garcia graduated from the North East School of the Arts, where she majored in cinema. She has created three short films, one of which has traveled locally in festivals. Currently she is attending San Antonio College where she is taking part in the Radio/Television/Broadcasting program. She has been working with the Overtime Theater and Film Classics Productions for the past three years as a production assistant, video editor, and assistant stage manager.
How will you use my investment?
- PR services to maximize exposure
- Costume and Props
- Promotional Print Run
- Lighting and Sound Technician
- Technical Director
Many crew members will be working for passion on this project and the budgeted goal will bring the best show possible.
Risks and challenges
The risks and challenges that come with completing our project is being able to contain the level of awesomeness under one little roof. With your support, we can make this 'Night' one you'll survive with bloody relish, and possibly, one you'll want to risk returning to.
True, every project has potential obstacles, but, with the experience both The Overtime and Film Classics brings to the table, I'm confident we'll be able to confront any obstacles to make our Stage Experience frightfully enjoyable for YOU.
The Overtime already brings passion and fun with every show and now we want to bring BIG and AMAZING!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)