The HONK! Festival is a revolutionary street spectacle of never-before-seen proportions that will converge for the sixth time in Davis Square, Somerville, MA.
On October 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, activist street bands from all over the world will return to our streets and sidewalks to celebrate spontaneous community imagination, and its power to heal and change the world. No stages or sound equipment, no high-priced tickets or big corporate sponsors, just musicians and friends, strangers and neighbors, crashing into each other's outrageous costumes, irresistible music and commitment to social justice.
HONK! invites everyone to seize the moment. It leaves an indelible mark of hope and inspiration in its wake. So liberating and spontaneous, it's tempting to think that HONK! happens all by itself. But of course, it doesn't. HONK! is a grassroots festival, a proud accomplishment of YOU, the community that supports it.
We need all kinds of help, but our biggest challenge is bringing bands from far away. Bands don't get paid to play at HONK! but most couldn't afford to come if we didn't help pay for their travel.
- Banda Roncati (Bologna, Italy)
- Black Bear Combo (Chicago, IL)
- Brass Liberation Orchestra (San Francisco, CA)
- Brass Messengers (Minneapolis, MN)
- Caka!ak Thunder (Greensboro, NC)
- The Carnival Band (Vancouver, Canada)
- Chaotic Insurrection Ensemble (Montreal, Canada)
- Detroit Party Marching Band (Detroit, MI)
- DJA-Rara (Brooklyn, NY)
- EE – Environmental Encroachment (Chicago, IL)
- Himalayas (New York City, NY)
- Hungry March Band (Brooklyn, NY)
- Leftist Marching Band (Portsmouth, NH)
- Loyd Family Players (Oakland, CA)
- MarchFourth Marching Band (Portland, OR)
- Minor Mishap Marching Band (Austin, TX)
- Original Big Seven Social Aid & Pleasure Club (New Orleans, LA)
- Orkestar Zirkonium (Seattle, WA)
- Pinettes Brass Band (New Orleans, LA)
- Pink Puffers (Rome, Italy)
- Rude Mechanical Orchestra (New York City, NY)
- The Scene Of The Crime Rovers (Durham, NC)
- Seed & Feed Marching Abominable (Atlanta, GA)
- The Springville All Star Marching Band (Springville, NY)
- tint(A)nar (Quebec City, Canada)
- Titubanda (Rome, Italy)
- Veveritse (Brooklyn, NY)
- What Cheer? Brigade (Providence, RI)
We need to raise $10,000 to help bands like these make the journey. Give now, and help HONK! happen!
For more information, please see our official website at www.honkfest.org.
- (30 days)