Havenwood Horror: Nightfall at Camp Havenwood
Havenwood Horror: Nightfall at Camp Havenwood
Nightfall at Camp Havenwood is a Co-operative, Survival-Horror themed programming game for 1-5 players, set at a summer camp in 1985.
Nightfall at Camp Havenwood is a Co-operative, Survival-Horror themed programming game for 1-5 players, set at a summer camp in 1985. Read more
Wipe the sweat from your brow and try to find something you can use to defend yourself or complete the task at hand before death comes knocking with a wide array of sharp objects! Search...Strategize...but most of all.. SURVIVE!
- Programming that uses chaotic elements to keep anyone from getting too comfortable.
- 16 Location cards for a 3x3 modular board, providing significant replayability
- Spawn deck that changes the games every scene
- 8 asymetrical character role card
- 5 Automated antagonists that respond to the players' actions and have their own strengths and weaknesses
- The Horror Action Track
- 5 Dual dial Life/Awareness trackers
- 5 Color coded player decks
- 8 Wooden Meeples
- 8 Episode cards to keep you running scared
- 21 Scene cards to make every episode feel unique
- 55 Traps, items, and weapon cards
- 209 Cards total!
- Click HERE for a PDF of the Rules
It's your rag tag bunch of counselors and campers vs. the Horrors, a time limit, each other, or even Camp Havenwood itself! With multiple episodes, scenes, locations, enemies, and characters at your disposal, every game is a new NIGHTMARE!
SELECT AN EPISODE
Episodes are scenario cards that explain objectives, necessary items, locations, and game rules.
Each Episode contains 6 Scene cards. Scenes are rounds that not only refresh play, but provide a game timer.
Each Scene card will have a number of boxes that represent the number of turns per player this round along with any special rules for how those cards are to be played.
SELECT HORROR AND CHARACTERS
Deal a character role card to each player and select a Horror to chase them around Camp Havenwood, spilling their blood!
BUILD THE CAMP
Camp Havenwood consists of 9 location cards, that are randomly selected and placed in a 3x3 grid.
Locations have benefits and detriments that can affect players at different times during the game. Each location will also have a 5 card search deck composed of random items, weapons, and traps.
Each 12 card player deck is color coded and consists of 6 different actions. Each player also receives a dual life/awareness counter to track life and awareness which is used to determine who is attracting the Horror!
These cards are placed, in turn order, into a common player deck to script the players' actions for this scene.
As these actions resolve, some cards will antagonize the Horror by adding cards from his Horror Deck to the Horror Action Track.
These cards will accumulate until the Horror Action Track contains a number of cards equal to the number of players (min. 3). The player actions pause at that point and the cards in the Horror Action Track are resolved in order. Afterward, the players' turn reconvenes.
(Click Here for a Once Scene Play Through of the Game)
Nightfall at Camp Havenwood Project Cost
- Production Costs $8,580.00 (Purple)
- Logistical Fulfillment $3,180.00 (Yellow)
- Kickstarter Fees $1,650.00 (Blue)
- Game Artwork $1,750.00 (Green)
- Prototyping $340.00 (Red)
And here we have some sound research in a graph...
Come Creep on us... I mean, Follow us on Social Media
Name: Allen McFarland
Alias: “The Talent”
Role: Owner, Designer, Rules Mechanic, Art/Layout Coordinator, The Whip-Cracker
Name: Donald Marter
Alias: “Big Don”
Role: Owner, Designer, Story Technician, The Nice One
Name: Jade Duguay (pronounced Doo-gway)
Alias: “The Scribe”
Role: Designer,Social Media Liaison, Lead Prototyper, The Mother
Name: Amanda Howe (pronounced Howe)
Alias: “The Artiste”
Role: Lead Artist, The Frightened One
Together these four noble visionaries seek to bring about a collection of exhilarating, and challenging games, for game players of every level to enjoy and share.
Risks and challenges
Like an Italian plumber scaling scaffolding to take on a massive, princess stealing ape, we are meeting our challenges head on with the production of our extremely entertaining, and unique first project "Nightfall at Camp Havenwood."
• Challenge #1- Game Production: We have tackled this challenge by working Print Ninja, a very experienced game manufacturer from China.
• Challenge #2- Logistics: We are using the services of Ship Naked to combine the shipping efforts from China to the US, and then the fulfillment of all of our shipping out to each of our patrons.
• Challenge #3- Finances: $15,500 is what needs to be raised by April 11. Because we have the budget of a Ramen eating dorm kid, we have chosen to use Kickstarter as a means to build these funds. The risk is that we won’t hit our goal in time and thus we don’t fund, which would be sad. However, we are bound and determined to see this game come into existence so we are going to promote, demo, and beg for every penny we need to see this come to fruition.
• Challenge #4- Timing: We at DNA Games, have a problem with our patrons waiting too long for our product. Therefore, we have met this challenge by pushing to have a fully realized game before our Kickstarter even ends. Currently, we are sitting at nearly 95% complete with the design, and all of the games mechanics are finished just the way we like them. So there will be a minimum amount of time spent waiting on your copy of “Nightfall at Camp Havenwood.”
In conclusion, we believe that even with the challenges we face to make this game, the risks of the game not being shipped correctly or being held up by customs, the funds not existing, or some unforeseen obstacle that we haven’t addressed, our best resource is you. We implore you to take a chance on our new company and new game. We will not disappoint you, and I assure you that this is only the beginning for DNA Games. Because, “Gaming is in our blood.”Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (20 days)