About this project
What is YOU ARE NOT ALONE?
'YOU ARE NOT ALONE' is a motion picture with two very different stories. At the forefront, this picture is about a college graduate, Natalie, reconnecting with friends and family as she visits her hometown over the Fourth of July. Over the first half of the film, She floats through the proceedings of the July 4th celebration her town is known for. The town is inundated with news about a dangerous sociopath who is in the midst of a spree killing and reportedly within the area. The second half of the picture is what happens when Natalie crosses paths with said killer.
'YOU ARE NOT ALONE' is a project that was developed by Dan Abbate, Chris O'Brien, Jonald Reyes, and Derek Mungor.
This motion picture is unique in both its subject matter and its approach. Originally conceived as a project that would utilize the first-person perspective or point-of-view, You Are Not Alone sets out to tell a suspense/horror story in a new and interesting way. At it's core, it is very much a story about family and returning to the place you grew up to find that it's not so much that the places have changed, but you have. With this very character-focused introduction and familiar setting, in a way, it is bucking the conventions of many horror films.
The goal is always to tell an interesting story. With this project, we have the chance to utilize modern filmmaking tools to do that in a very different way.
Why be a part of YOU ARE NOT ALONE?
You'll be contributing to a really unique motion picture that will entertain (& hopefully scare) you and so many others. You'll also be making all the pre-production work done by the crew and cast completely worth it.
Everything for this production is lined up and ready to go. We are asking Kickstarter (all of you) to help us prove the merit of this project Our film doesn't have big name actors or extravagant special effects, but it does have an effective story and a group of passionate people willing to make it a reality.
We are asking for the chance to entertain you and to show you what true independent cinema can do. Remember, you can donate any amount you want because any amount helps!
How can I help produce the film?
- The minimum goal of this campaign is to raise $8,000. This is a considerable amount of money but it is microscopic in filmmaking. Gorilla Tango is covering half of the budget with this campaign set into motion to cover the rest. This is the absolute bare minimum needed to make this film happen. Your money will go towards location rentals, feeding and housing the cast and crew during production, props, wardrobe, make-up, transportation, and other production expenses. Every dollar you give moves us one step closer to making all of this possible.
- If you decide to help, you pledge whatever you want in exchange for some really interesting rewards (for example, a DVD of the film when it's done, an HD download, walk-on role, your name in the credits, a blog post or Behind the Scenes video... the list goes on!). The more you pledge, the better the rewards! Take a look at the column on the right to see what's available. - - - >
- The campaign has a hard deadline of 11:59pm on June 26th.
About the KICKSTARTER Campaign
- If we make the goal by the deadline, your credit card is charged what you pledged (but not until then). We get to make the movie, you get your rewards, and everyone wins.
- If we don't make the goal by the deadline (falling even a penny short), your credit card is not charged, we get nothing, you don't get any reward(s), and 'You Are Not Alone' doesn't see the light of day.
Time is of the essence
We must shoot this film towards the end of June/ beginning of July because the actual 4th of July Celebration in Walnut, Illinois is providing a priceless backdrop for our picture and if we miss it we either wait another year or spend tens of thousands of dollars recreating it. Any later than this and the film might never get made.
So please, help us make this truly only-of-its-kind, motion picture. We cannot be more appreciative to those of you who do decide to be a part of this.
Derek Mungor (co-writer/director/producer)
Find us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/YouAreNotAloneFilm
or tag us Twitter - #notalonefilm
Derek Mungor's first feature film - DESOLATION WILDERNESS (2011)
Ryan Glover & Krista Dzialoszynski's first feature film - HILLS GREEN (2012)
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (27 days)