Use this space to cheer the creator along, and talk to your fellow backers.
Have a question?
I think you should just send what you have. No 'waiting for hex wrenches', we can all find our own. No 'writing up an assembly manual' you can post it online later, theres only a few parts. No more excuses or delays please.
David - I give up. Have fun with my $150
Love to know it as well. Please share.
So, update? What is the game changing development?
Awesome. Let us know!
Something potentially game changing has happened, but I won't have the full details until next week. As soon as I do I will be doing a posting...
Just echoing Jai's comment - I think touching base would go a long way towards providing the community some assurance that this project is back on solid ground.
Again, I think that we're all excited about this project, even to the point of any and all necessary course corrections wrt finishes and assembly status.
so any update?
David - I agree with Jeff, thank you for the update (which sounds completely reasonable). Looks like you are making some real progress.
David, thank you so much for the update. This sounds great and reasonable. Please don't hesitate to ask of the community, we're here for you. :-)
Before I commit to this as an option I need to make sure it's feasible. I'm currently producing assembly instructions, sourcing the hex wrenches I'll need to include, and determining what my minimum level of involvement in assembly needs to be. Once I have vetted this I will be releasing a independent survey to gather info on the desired assembly and finish options for each backer.
David - I hate to harop on this, but about 45 days ago you asked everyone what you should do given the state of the finish on the parts. I saw quite a few people say "send us what you have and we will put it together". Any chance that actually happens? I would be more than willing to take what I could get at this point.
I be happy if you sent the thing as a kit and let me put that thing together. This is first of 3 Kickstarter projects I've been waiting for over 2 years and have received nothing. Give it some thought and offer a kit. $100 bucks is a lot to spend on nothing.
Approaching the "2-year" mark. After you asked for what we would like...I'd be happy if you shipped the parts as you received them. I'm not putting this thing in a museum and I don't care if it doesn't match the "prototype" as an exact replica. I just want to get something that looks professional and functional. Lets get this thing going!
Thanks for the update David. Good to know there is still hope I will see my Ferrite. Hopefully you can find some high school kids looking for some beer money to help you out.
I'm tier 7. I don't care if they are crap brown in color. Just ship brother.
I would have been happy receiving my combo pack in matte white if it meant receiving these items this year. Further delays due to trying for perfection do not seem worth it. Please just find something that that is functional and professional looking, and move on to the next project/adventure!
I am also distressed that the people who gave the most money receive product later than those who gave the least. Tier 6 folks like me have to wait much longer than people who gave half as much money.
I think kickstarter has just given up on david like the rest of us. No surprise since we are going on nearly three years after we backed this supposed project. Ive sent numerous emails and messages to david with no reply so any updates are worthless if he cannot show any courtesy to us and reply to our messages.
FYI - I don't know if it's just me or kickstarter's system is having a hiccup. But check out the latest update (May 11th). I don't know what made me look, but thought why not and glad I did.
Again: This update did not show up in my 'activity', nor the normal places in kickstarter (either web or iPhone). In the update, there's a ton of info about the state of the project.
This comment has been removed by Kickstarter.
David - I am a Canadian backer who ordered the Combo Kit. Back in February you stated that Tier 3 was "(Early)" but I have not received my Ferro or Ferrite. Can you please update me on when I can reasonably expect this? Thanks.
It's really a shame considering that the project isn't being completed because of lack of effort from the founder rather than the technical or financial feasibility of the project. I hope to be proven wrong but this certainly seems to be the case
I'm starting to think David has given up on this.
Is there a limit as to how long a funded Kickstarter project can go on without delivery? There is a saying I heard somewhere, that a project without a due date is just a wish.
Hi David, an updated schedule like the one you posted on Feb 1st would be super appreciated. Thanks.
Maybe you should try emailing David directly and not getting a response that way?
I'm in 'Tier 2: $125 Ferrite (Early)' Can I expect my unit soon?
David, do you care to give us an update on the status?
Well we're back to months between updates from David. Pretty soon we'll be getting to 2 *YEARS* late on delivery.
It would be nice for some info. I'm in the "in progress" tier but have not received a shipping survey. This was my 1st project to back, does not give me much confidence in kickstarter.
Well, it's nice to see that you can 'buy' these on the website (and are even sold out), but how about some updates?
7 months without an update ... Smh
Any update to the shipping schedule?
How are things going? How many have you shipped? How many left to go?
Hi! I am with ace bailey on the $300 tier. I don't mind waiting for the extras. Just wan my Ferro and Ferrite first if possible. Thank you!
$150 tier, can I expect something this spring?
Hi! I'm in the $300 tier. Does that mean I'm last to get shipped? Frankly at this point I could wait longer for the extras and would like my Ferro and Ferrite sooner.
Thanks for that. As I'm all the way up in the high seats, I guess I'll check back in a few months.
Tier 1: $75 Ferro (Early)
Tier 2: $125 Ferrite (Early)
Tier 3: $175 Combo Pack (Early)
Tier 4: $100 Ferro **In Progress**
Tier 5: $150 Ferrite **Prep**
Tier 6: $200 Combo
Tier 7: $250 Combo
The $300 tier is being addressed separately due to its additional reward items.
Can you please tell the backer amount instead of the Tier Level. As can be seen by many comments that you seem to have ignored, people are not sure what you mean by 4th Tier. Also if questions are answered "one on one" then you will probably be asked the same question multiple times, if you just answer them here, everyone can see and not repeat questions. Waiting to know when the $150 tier is going out.
How are things going with the 4th tier? Just wanted to check in and see how the project is going. Any idea when the 6th tier surveys will go out? I think I'm in the 6th tier anyway.
...and another 3 weeks have gone by without a word from David.
So I tried speaking to you directly and did not receive a response... what does 4th tier mean?
Can we just know which "tier" is which? I don't know what the "4th tier" means, I just know I'm a $150 dollar backer. I just want to know when to be expecting it.
David, please don't take an attitude with your backers. I think many of us are understandably frustrated by the fact that you are now 18-20 _months_ late (depending on backer tier) in delivery and, more importantly, you seem to disappear for months at a time. We didn't give you $49,028 so that you could spend our money working on a project in your spare time.
This forum is the appropriate place for you to give updates on progress, not in "one to one conversation" as you suggest. The delays and issues facing this project affect all of us.
Most of us would be much happier if you would simply communicate more frequently. While it's understandable that you wouldn't have a lot of spare time during the holidays, it only takes 2 minutes to log in to Kickstarter and write a "I'm still here and working hard on the products that I've promised you!" update. Instead, the impression we're getting is that you feel like the money we gave you was a donation and that we should feel lucky when we receive anything at all.
Given the last few comments I'd like to reiterate the facts.
1. I have shipped a fair amount of units despite the lack of feedback. I am personally a little disappointed that despite the number of units I've shipped I've only heard back from a select few. When I've inquired, however, people have been very positive.
2. This is a sculptural project created, made, and assembled by a single person. I put whatever time I can spare into this project but it is very demanding especially when balancing it, family life, and a job. However I still hold by my belief that this slower and more involved process will benefit the project in the long run.
3. The last few weeks I've had less communication because like most people I was spending the holidays with family.
4. I am currently still finishing preparing for the fourth tier so that once I send our surveys I'm not sitting on them for an unnecessary amount of time. As this is the largest tier I've worked on fulfilling so far, as you might expect it's taking a bit longer. As soon as I am ready to ship to all 100 backers in the tier I will send surveys and you should expect to receive it within a week or two.
I say this every time and I'll say it again. If you're frustrated please just talk to me directly. I would much rather take a moment and have a genuine one to one conversation than constantly post long public diatribes.
I am beyond upset with the lack of communication regarding this project. It's approaching a full year after the pledge deadline date and there has been no evidence anything has shipped to any backers. From Davids last post on moving into the 4th tier, it would seem that the around 100 units would be ready to /or has shipped to backers. Have any backs received their rewards? or even Surveys?
I am in the 4th tier (which I believe is the $150 tier) and haven't received anything
Well another three weeks have passed since the last post from David (3.5 _months_ since the last official update!) and we're now in a new year. Has anybody in the "4th Backer Tier" received anything? Which tier is the "4th" anyway? $125 or $150?
David, what is going on?