New DJ Maj Record (Title TBA)
New DJ Maj Record (Title TBA)
This project is a celebration of a community who banded together to transform a life. Can we export this story to the world?
This project is a celebration of a community who banded together to transform a life. Can we export this story to the world? Read more
About this project
CELEBRATE AND INSPIRE TOGETHER!
I'm ready and inspired family. Let's celebrate with a NEW DJ Maj record. New songs! FINALLY! Here's We Shine featuring Sarai Siddiqui (@saraiphym). Produced by David "Monsta" Lynch (@monstalynch).
Click link to download lyrics and Behind The Song PDFs: http://bit.ly/1hRxu09
My inspiration is the result of a diverse community of believers who selflessly rallied around me during this long overdue hip surgery. There's so much to tell. I have concepts for a batch of new songs and a desire to get them recorded. Some of those new songs will accompany video documentation I've collected since 2010. I believe there is a story to be told both visually and musically. All for the purpose of bringing a balance to the daily messages of cultural division. There's good news in these times after all. So I'm inviting the global community to participate in bringing the vision to life.
HERE'S THE SKINNY:
11 Song Album Production, Mix, Mastering & Artwork Compensation:
- Producers: Song creators (Makes the beats)
- Musicians: Guitar, Bass, Drums, etc
- Background Vocalists: They sing the "oooohs" and "aaahs."
- Mix Engineer: A mix engineer takes each song and makes sure overall song levels are good and balanced. Like cake mix. Can’t have too much butter. That would be gross!
- Mastering Engineer: This process is like putting the cake mix in the oven to bake.
- Album Artwork: I'm sure you can figure this one out.
- CD Duplication & Lyric Devotional Book Printing (cost includes shipping for both)
- Docu-Video Editing: Contains video footage from a few pages in my life (travel, studio, gym time, home town, & the hip surgery process/recovery).
- Project Administrator: Makes sure all legalities are in order.
- Marketing & Publicity: Gets the word out to publications about the project once it's complete.
- Hiccups: This is similar to running over a nail in the road or when someone accidentally knocks over your ice cream cone at the ball game.
- Kickstarter charge of 10% on $60,000
Project Total - $60,000
Remaining Funds For Project - $54,000
Check out the rewards section for more info.
For all readers, here's where you'll find more details on the project. Others can skip to the free download section at the bottom of the page):
In 2003 my good friend Dave Wyatt quietly approached The Erace Foundation (under the direction of John Maguire & Toby Mac) to raised funds for a correctional hip operation. This was due to a childhood hip disease called legg perthes disease. The Hip Of Hope funding participants were (but not limited to):
Toby & Amanda McKeehan
Mr & Mrs Denny Keitzman
Mark Stuart ( co-owner of Audio Adrenaline)
Ben Cissell ( co-owner of Audio Adrenaline)
Lisa Kimmey ( Out of Eden)
David Soesbee & Family
Joey Elwood (Gotee Records)
Barry Graul (Mercy Me... Former guitarist for DC Talk)
Dave & Debbie Wyatt
Todde "Funk" Lawton
PR Ministries (Michael & Celeste Guido)
DeShon Bullock (Shonlock)
Bethel World Outreach Center (Nashville)
Dale "Ice Tea" Bennet & Family - South Carolina (Hey Dale) :)
...just to name a few.
We were surprised to discover that this amount was far from what was needed. In 2014 laws changed in the health care sector which meant insurance companies were finally responsible to cover pre-existing conditions. The timing was impeccable due the increased pain while touring (but, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do). On January 14th, 2015 (12 years later) the procedure was completed by Jeffrey T Hodrick, MD - Southern Joint Replacement Institute. The Physical therapy followed (((OUCH)))!
Here's a 3 minute digital animation of the process. No blood included.
To keep it real, this whole process was scary. PERIOD! I've asked God why did it take so long. He said, "I wanted you to be an example of what long suffering looks like and I wanted to use you to show what can be accomplished when my people come together." 1 Peter 5:10
- Hill Street Blues
- Live Set:
Free Party Mix Download: I'd like to offer a free mix download as a thank you for taking the time to review the project. I mean, I write rhymes, but I still a DJ right? Click link or photo to download http://bit.ly/1OA3DEn
At the end of the day, this part of my journey has been a double entendre in that it changed the way I walk and it changed the way I walk.
When we get what we don't deserve :)
Your prayers and participation are greatly appreciated family!
Our hash tag is #DJMKS
Risks and challenges
Due to heavy touring, rescheduling a skype day may not be possible once the date is set.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (42 days)