New Demo and Trailer Released!
After an insane week-long crunch, we've completed the demo update right in time to celebrate crossing the $100k mark! I'm really proud of what we accomplished, and I think it's a true testament of our dedication to this game. Thanks again to everyone for their invaluable feedback, contagious energy, and mutual love of Chasm. Please check out the new trailer below, and download the demo from the Kickstarter page now!
1.05 Change List
- Added revamped graphics and maps
- Added Hardcore and Time Trial Modes
- Added Seed for reproducible dungeon experiences
- Added re-mappable keyboard controls to config
- Added fan translation support
- Added extra dungeon floor
- Added item stat comparison to shops
- Added temporary invincibility while rolling
- Added mouse buttons to Attack left & right
- Added minimum amount of chests to spawn per floor
- Added breathing visual fx to surface
- Added four weapons and one accessory
- Added "GamepadDetectEnabled" to config to prevent auto-detecting gamepad when using key-mapper
- Fixed formula that sometimes gave incorrect weapon ATT damage
- Fixed skeleton drops disappearing if not picked up
- Fixed status effects were still active while in NPC menus
- Fixed gold pieces spawning in walls
- Fixed blood particles spawning in walls
- Fixed bats spawning ontop each other
- Fixed empty hand icon showing for other EQ spots
- Fixed bats sharding in ceiling
- Fixed Rare items sometimes getting more points than Legendary
- Fixed custom map key not closing map
- Fixed crash when crounching at edge of screen with keyboard
- Fixed scrolling options in Character Menu while Quit? dialog active
- Fixed player sword drawing in wall of inn and manager shack
- Changed menu palette
- Changed bat AI behavior
- Changed enemy dungeon floor spawnings
- Changed starting weapon to Rusty Sword, rebalanced weapon stats
- Changed Character Menu button to immediately close the menu
- Changed back button on Map to return to game instead of Character Menu
- Changed Accept and Interact to same key binding by default
- Changed treasure chests to favor spawning in dead ends
- Updated Mines music to newest version
- Increased healing power of food and rarity of drops
- Increased attack power of Kobold and Ice Slime
- Decreased crates per screen from 4 to 3
- We're currently #17 on Greenlight! We're starting to get close so keep the votes coming in.
- Let us know what you think of the demo update on our official forums!
- Looking for another Metroidvania-style project to back? Look no further than A.N.N.E.! It combines classic platforming and exploration with Gradius-like flying, and is cute as a button to boot.
- If you liked Road Rash on Genesis/Megadrive, 3DO, or N64 then Road Redemption is the game for you! The gameplay looks to be fast and furious, and reminds me of the intensity of the 3DO incarnation.
That's it for now, thanks again for your pledge and remember to keep spreading the word!