Disco Hot Sauce started with the founders' mutual love and obsession with hot sauce and disco music.
Arriving home at 1am after a dance one early Wednesday morning, we thought 'why not make our own', so we threw on some music ...and it strangely turned out delicious.
Our recipe is an original from South East London and inspired by the addictive hot sauce flavours and culture of Panama. So far, always homemade to music.
We love cooking hot sauce and people seem to love eating it! But we're growing out of our boots...Pre-order demand has outweighed our capacity and resources.
We're quickly gaining interest from retailers and restaurants (and you) and need to kick our kitchen equipment up a notch to keep up with demand.
We're running a small kickstarter to make sure we have enough hot sauce ready for Christmas gifts and to cover:
1. A new Vitamix blender to replace our flatmate's (which we dyed bright yellow, oops...)
2. An ace food processor to speed up chopping (very time consuming)
3. Christmas season batches
4. Kickstarter fees (about 10%) and fees to help start an online shop in January
5. Bottle labels
6. Disco Hot Sauce business cards
If we exceed our goal, 5% of the extra will be used towards the great SoCo Music project*, and we'll use the rest to invest in a small but growing business!
Thanks and much disco love.
Jen and Oli
PS: Thanks to everyone who crowdsourced our fabulous Disco tees. #1 is available now here via Kickstarter
*...and check out the amazing work happening over at SoCo Music:
Risks and challenges
- Tee's will likely be made to order and delivered in Jan '19. We will be in touch for sizes
- Hot Sauce & baubles will be ready in time for Christmas
- If you chose 'no shipping' option, updates on how and when to collect prizes will be sent after campaign closes
- Get in touch with us if you have special preferences
Made in a registered home kitchen with food hygiene II certificate
***Heat disclaimer*** this is our original hot sauce recipe, so think Disco Inferno, not Daddy Cool (it's hot, but not ruin-your-food hot)
Keep refrigerated. Lasts about 7 months unopened.
Vegan friendly :)
Made with: scotch bonnet chillies, turmeric, mustard, garlic, spices, salt, vinegar, disco music.
We're in a great position to fulfil the rewards offered in exchange for your support.
The only hurdle we've come across to getting things properly off the ground is money. With your help, we'll hopefully be able to start to make this fly.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)