"Auro: The Golden Prince" is a turn based, dungeon-crawling strategy game created for smartphones and other platforms. Read more
This project's funding goal was not reached on December 18, 2011.
About this project
Please enjoy our all-new updated video above, narrated by Quillsh, Auro's tutor!For more information about Auro's re-design, please click here.
What is Auro: The Golden Prince?
"Auro: The Golden Prince" is an original turn-based, dungeon crawling strategy game that will be released on many platforms, but designed primarily for Android and iOS.
You play as the spoiled Prince Auro, who, for the first time in his life, is actually asked to go and perform a quest. Your father, King Omiron, is a weak man who is too easily pushed around, but the royal scholar Quillsh is able to finally convince him to stand up to you.
The mission is simple - get down to the bottom of the Kingdom sewers - but despite his warnings, childish Auro carelessly awakens an ancient evil that may be spell the end for his people!
With unique gameplay mechanisms, charming pixel art, an original soundtrack and a whimsical sense of humor, we're trying to make a game that will stand out from the crowd.
If you like dungeon-crawling games like Diablo or our own 100 Rogues, or if you like turn-based strategy games like Advance Wars or Final Fantasy Tactics, you should definitely check Auro out!
- Turn Based Strategy! Quick, pick-up-and-play tactical decisions are what Auro's all about. Turn based games are great for mobile games, because they don't require constant, fixed attention. Further, they don't require as much tactile precision and timing on a touch-screen.
- Rich "Disciplines" System! Study the manipulative forces of the Power skill tree, or the sneaky tactics of the Elude skills. Or play as more of a wizard-type, focusing on Fire or Ice spells. Because each skill has many uses, there are a thousand ways to play - get creative!
- Randomized Challenges! The levels, monsters, and items are all randomized each time you play Auro, meaning that it's infinitely re-playable!
- Several modes of play! For those who like traversing an unfolding story, there is a Story Mode. If you just want an efficient, solid test of your skill, Exhibition Mode is for you. If you enjoy puzzles, try Puzzle Mode!
- Charm! We think you'll delight at the characters we've been developing over the past year for Auro.
- Quality Art & Music! We have a very distinct vision for what Auro should look and sound like. We hope you'll find it to be a beautiful piece of art on its own when it's complete.
- Cross Platform! Play Auro on your Android Phone, iPad, iPhone, iTouch while you're at work. When you come home, play it some more on your desktop Windows, MacOS or Linux PC!
Anyone who's involved in game development knows what an incredible
amount of work it is. Painting, pixel art, animation, graphic design,
UI design, programming, game design, video editing, writing - the list
of disciplines required to put a game like Auro: The Golden Prince together is staggering.
We really believe in this game and the real reason we're making it is that we think the world will be the tiniest bit of a better place when it exists. Auro is not just another game to us - it's the embodiment of all of our philosophies and the expression of our belief in the medium. It is our collective love letter to the idea of the digital game!
At least, it will be! But we really need your help. Auro is being made by just three people - Keith Burgun, Blake Reynolds and Ido Yeheili. The amount of work - just raw man-hours that it's going to take to get it from its current prototype phase to a completed, polished product is huge. We're hoping that Kickstarter may be the way for us to pursue our passion and at the same time, be able to survive.
Every year, there are some great ideas coming out of independent developers, and there are great productions coming out of large AAA studios. It's an exceptional situation when one team does both things. With your help, Dinofarm Games can be that team with Auro: The Golden Prince.
We thank you for reading, and please consider supporting our game!
We're Dinofarm Games. Making games is extremely time-consuming and requires extreme attention to detail in many, many fields. We appreciate any support you can give us in making this game.
Keith Burgun - Lead Designer. Designed "100 Rogues" and many other independent games. Writer for Gamasutra and several other blogs. Teaches Game Design at the Katonah Art Center.
Blake Reynolds - Lead Artist/Composer. Lead artist on "100 Rogues" and many other projects. Has a Masters in Studio Composition.
Ido Yeheili - Lead Programmer. Designed & Programmed "Cardinal Quest", and many smaller projects which you can find on his site.
If you have any questions or comments, please email me at email@example.com.
~ The Candy ~ Receive an official AURO Postcard, and your name in the credits of the game.Estimated delivery:
~ The Rat ~
Receive a copy of "AURO" for all platforms on which it's available, and get your name in the credits of the gameEstimated delivery:
~ The Dice Monster ~
Receive a copy of Ido's "Cardinal Quest" and a copy of our "100 Rogues".Estimated delivery:
~ The Ice Cube ~
Receive an official "Auro: The Golden Prince" T-Shirt.Estimated delivery:
~ The Throwgre ~
Receive a custom in-game character avatar sprite that only you and other Throwgres (or better) will ever be able to get. This sprite shows up on the leaderboards.Estimated delivery:
~ Walking Hole ~
Receive an original song by Keith Burgun and/or Blake Reynolds, written about you! Your very own theme song!Estimated delivery:
~ The Spirit Spout ~
Receive a real, physical copy of the "AURO MANUAL", a full-color rulebook complete with concept art, our philosophy, and many more goodies. Also, your name will be mentioned in an in-game "note".Estimated delivery:
2 backers Limited (3 left of 5)
~ The Treasure Fairy ~
An in-game NPC or monster shall be created in your image and named after you.Estimated delivery:
0 backers Limited (1 left of 1)
The game will include a full-blown playable character class based on you (and you'll get access to it for free, of course).Estimated delivery:
- (30 days)