Hardcore Mode, is an extra mode of gameplay that will be unlocked. It will basically transform Moonlighter from a Roguelite into a Roguelike. That mainly means:
For the Realms:
- If you are defeated inside a Realm, you will lose all the items carried on that "run" (even the equipment). Safety slots doesn't exist anymore.
- New enchantment "soulbound" that will protect an item to be lost, with an important cost of gold.
- Enemie difficult increased (more damage, speed, etc.)
- Harder variations of regular bosses are unlocked.
For the Shop:
- Visitors can loose interest on certain items. It would depend on the time the item is exposed and other.
- Selling all items is now harder. Shop clients will expend money only on items with the "proper" price or less.