The Grande Finalé … Let's Make a Comic Book!
Nine days to go and we have blown past every goal I have set so far.
You've funded 3000+ pages of Diesel Sweeties ebooks, 500+ more pages of ebooks of my syndicated comics, custom shaped Red Robot thumb drives, a year of monthly e-magazines of my comics, a pile of Frederick J. Lamp comics and a road trip to bring Wil Wheaton a Pac-Man machine. Holy cow, thank you.
How about we take it one, final step further?
If we can hit $50,000, how about we make a brand-new original Diesel Sweeties comic book and add it to everyone's rewards? (PDF for downloadable ones, PDF + print for thumb drive packs.)
I have a webcomics dream team lined up–
–Just like when I used to run guest comics. I love guest comics.
• Jeph Jacques of Questionable Content on Indie Rock Pete.
• Sam Brown of explodingdog (and the creator of Red Robot) draws Red Robot #C-63!
• Anthony Clark of Nedroid Picture Diary drawing Clango.
• KC Green of Gunshow garfs up Lord Taco Puss and friends.
• Jamais Cascio of Open The Future will speculate on the future of robot sex. FINALLY, a chance to have some of my sexier theories sexily vindicated.
Who knows, maybe even more people will join in! I'll be doing some of the writing and art as well. This should be awesome. The amazing thing about webcomics is that every single cartoonist on this list has either been my neighbor or slept on my couch.