Wild Wings is now live as a Gear VR app on the Oculus Store: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/gear-vr/1161174933903621/
Keys for free access to all of you backers will be following in the coming days!
We are also excited to tell you that the extremely talented team at Pocket Pinata Games is working to bring Wild Wings to Android and iOS (in a non-VR capacity) very soon. We'll have more updates on that front soon.
In the meantime, here are a couple screenshots that didn't make the cut for the Oculus store.
I'll be putting together a Backers only post-mortem in the near future as well. Format tbd.
As always, more as it develops!
Here's every plane in all their newly optimized glory!
Plus, new World Space target lock indicators. Circles are your primary weapon, Squares are your secondary weapon. I haven't tuned all the feedback on these yet, but they "fill" as lock is gained, pulse, and change color when fully locked. Some combination of those things will make up the final mix.
These are also lots more efficient!
Additionally if a target gets out of range (distance or relation to the center of your flight path) but degrades over time (at different rates for different weapons).
What else has changed? Well here's a list:
- Cheaper bullet particles: shader voodoo means we can use smaller and fewer textures as well as drastically lower the overall particle count. It's better.
- No more Bullet Spawning: they're very efficiently pooled.
- Bullets Pause when you Pause: which is a little sad, it was funny to die in the pause menu.
- Other boring physics optimizations: lots of scale fixes, some secret sauce vector math optimizations
- Even more boring engine optimizations: platform specifications for stuff, validator code to make plane setup easier to check, bunch of caching work
- Bombs are setup: they're a bit basic atm, I want to add a cluster bomb variant and a special nuke skill. There are also some cool volumetric particles here.
I should have a working build tomorrow. Ya, its that close.
More as it develops!