Greetings chemistry gamers!
More and more stories have been pouring in of backers receiving, playing and enjoying Compounded, and that couldn't make us happier! Along with the gaming have also come a few questions and comments that I'd like to quickly address in this update.
1) Darrell has uploaded a revised rule book file that updates a couple of things that were mentioned in comments and in the last update. If you're interested, you can download that PDF here. The notable pages that have been corrected are page 5 and page 14, so if you just want to print those out you're good to go.
2) A few of you have been asking some good questions about game situations via email, the comments and on BGG, and we've been logging them. We're currently compiling an FAQ and should be able to make that available this weekend.
3) We've received many, many questions about those extra punchboard tokens that don't seem to have anything to do with the game - you know, the ones with The Great Heartland Hauling Co., Belle of the Ball and other Dice Hate Me Games titles. The answer is that we just had extra space on the punchboard so we thought it would be fun to throw in some lagniappe and see if anyone came up with something fun. A few of you have tossed around the idea of making a mini-game with them and we think that would be awesome. If anyone else tries their hand at it, let us know what you come up with! Might I suggest a dexterity game...
4) A few of you who ordered multiple copies have only received a single copy, and for that we are very sorry. We have contacted Game Salute to find out what went wrong - in the meantime, if you ordered multiples and received less than your order, please contact email@example.com and let them know.
5) Finally, as many of you may already know, this week is National Chemistry Week! For all of you who have received your games, we hope you take the chance to share Compounded with people in your community so that they too can learn Better Gaming Through Chemistry. If you get a chance to play at any NCW functions, please let us know. And for everyone who is enjoying their games, please take a moment to rate Compounded on Boardgamegeek - we'd greatly appreciate it!
That's it for now. We'll be back soon with the FAQ and more news from around the lab. Until then, happy gaming!
All the best,
Chris & Darrell