it puts the book in the box and it ships it puts the book in the box and it ships
Whew! 1,000+ down, 330 to go!
Just wanted to give a quick status heads up on the score here.
All the copies of the game will be out and shipped by next Wednesday (that's the current plan, anyway). Unfortunately, Monday is a national holiday (no mail service), and the USPS pickup guy begged me not to post on Tuesday due to expected load. So one massive set will go out on Saturday, the rest on Wednesday. I'm expecting that this will encompass everything, including:
* All the Kickstarter backers
* The extras I owe for F-ups to the people who already received their sets (meant to send earlier this week, most are going out Saturday or next Wednesday)
* The very few backers During the KS campaign who paid directly to be included (problems with Amazon/KS payments, etc)
* The pre-orders to the kotodama.bigcartel.com site.
* Extras I owe to contributors (comp copies)
Friends in Canada, Australia noted that it takes about 10-14 days to receive the package after getting the email notice on shipping.
Some people... okay, mostly Germans... have been contacted by their customs department being told that "Your papers are NOT in order, ja?", and require receipts to claim their sets. For those folks, please simply print out your receipt from Amazon Payments as necessary.
The last 300+ sets are falling into a few categories:
* All sets at $180 and higher are done, so everything else is below that level
* Hardcover sets
* Special orders (added-on extras, including multiple copies of the book)
* International orders
* Backers who bought in at the PDF level, then later wanted the physical book
But I've got a kickass system in place for the rest of the fulfillment process, which will carry us to the end, which is Wednesday.
* Looks like I'll have some extras when everything is done. I likely won't go live with them for about a month (leaving for Japan for about two weeks next Friday, will be unable to tally or organize), but it looks like at a glance I'll have:
- Some kanji dice
- A MONSTER load of extra intro comics
- A huge load of extra tenugui/handcloths
- A very few sets of Aiki chits, for the folks who wanted them after-the-fact (warning, remember they're kinda pricey, At Cost they were close to about $1.50 each (for 60 chits, so close to $90. They're awesome, but yeah I made zeeeeero dollars off of those sets)
- Maybe a dozen or two "Director's Notes" books (physical)
So yeah, I'll be announcing leftovers and opportunities to get them in about a month from now.
* While shipping has been an interesting money-saving experience, it's not left me with any free time, and not much sleep! It is practically a second job. No sweat, really, I'm not suffering (too much!) or whatever, well aside from the lack of sleep thing, but the one thing I forgot to anticipate wasn't the "hardness" of the work, it was "the time I could be doing creative or writing works, but can't" (stuff like writing/editing some of the supplemental material). I meant to have some stuff like the Intro Adventure (for everyone) and the Ruined Empire setting and War Rules (for those backers) ready by now, but alas. So I'll be diving into that hardcore when I get back. Ruined Empire text-only (the art is currently in progress) will be ready within the next week.
* I always bought extras of all the physical items so that I wouldn't run out early. However, I seem to have somehow failed to do that with the Casino Dice used for the Emotion Matrix rolls, for those "$108+" backer levels. I will likely have to hand out "IOUs" on that item to about 10 backers while I wait for about 3 dozen more to be delivered.
Well, once the shipping is done next Wednesday, I head to Japan for two weeks or so. Then, when I get back, I hardcore bee-line it to complete the rest of the supplements (in two stages: First text-only for review; then finalized much later with editing and pretty layout). I hope to have most of them done by August.
At which point... the NEXT Japanese RPG project begins in force. :-)