Milestone One : The Shore and the Sea
Hey all, Andy here. Thanks so much for your contributions! We have two things to discuss in this update, so here we go!
FINAL ART PLEDGE LEVELS - We posted the last levels for Mizusaka's art contibutions: 10 last character sketches, 5 last scene sketches. When they're gone, that's it: We have to make sure not to crush her with sketch commitments, as these represent already almost one years' worth of work on top of an already busy day job!
MILESTONE ONE REACHED - Here are the elements we're working on. As I mentioned, we're going with revealing milestones reached instead of future goalposts. We'll be revealing the milestones at various intervals. We'll also post the backing levels they're available at. All content is digital unless otherwise noted:
MILESTONE ONE: THE SHORE AND THE SEA
In our first milestone we'll be revealing some of the supplemental material we're translating for the "PLUS PLUS" levels, as well as some of the basic extras we have as well.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE AT THE ELECTRONIC ($15) /PHYSICAL ($40) LEVEL AND ABOVE
* Random NPC Tables - In the original second Ryuutama supplement/travelogue there was a great idea: A quick NPC generator that was evocative and cool for quickly generating characters you interact with. Unfortunately, due to licensing issues that table as-is can't be used, so we'll be creating one inspired by the original. 100-plus options for interesting NPCs.
* "The Accessories Kit" - So we were thinking about some board-game-like components for Ryuutama, for things like Fumble Tokens, Character Sketch Cards for the battlemat, maybe even cards or plates to quickly reference character skills. We're going to be putting together a set of these things for people who want them, likely through The Game Crafter's Print-on-Demand service, for those who want them. More details later, we have a lot of research to do on this part. All these components will be also available for download/print for those who want to put them together themselves.
* New Rules for Herbs - Okada-san and I put together some ideas for a new supplemental system for the Healer classes "Herbs/Herb Gathering" sub-game. Okada ran with it, and we're going to have an optional list of extra herbs, and some randomization into the ones you find. It'll make more sense when you see the rules, but trust us, this is a cool little add we'll have as a downloadable extra.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE AT THE PLUS PLUS LEVELS
We're translating material from the original two Ryuutama supplements. Here's a taste of some of the things on deck.
* Wagon Travel Rules - Carts, carriages, wagons: The core of Ryuutama is all about travelling on foot. The first Ryuutama supplement offered rules for buying and using wagons and other vehicles. We're translating this for the first English supplement!
* Ocean Travel Rules - Boats? Boats! Get a boat, buy provisions, and travel by sea! Information and rules about sea travel from the original supplement.
* Navigator Class - With the ocean travel rules comes the new eighth and last official character class, the Navigator! They are critical for navigating the seas. They can also substitute grog for water!
* Konekogoblin PCs - We poke into the original Ryuutama second supplement to deliver to you the official rules for creating Koneko-goblin PCs. Characters in Ryuutama are all human, though they can come from all different areas and ethnic backgrounds: There are no playable elves or gnomes. However, there are now playable Kitten-Goblins. With their cute little wooden cat-paw shields and swords in the shape of fish, and the way they end their sentences with "-nya/-gobunya"... well, they're a very fun, cute character option!
We'll reveal more in time! Stay tuned, and please feel free to get the word out to friends!
Also, if you're interested, Dave at New World Academy posted an interview with me and Matt about Ryuutama. Feel free to check it out!