Get me that 9/16" Drill!
I was hoping to get this far (actually, I was hoping just to not have to spend the weekend in the hospital, as I have been on call this weekend) and woohoo! it is now starting to come together. All the little tabs are there, next step is to put sturdy connectors between each of these radial pipes and it will be sturdy - hopefully sturdy enough that it can be assembled on the ground, tilted sideways to have the bottom mast insterted, and then tilted to vertical. Yes I realize that is a lot of tilting, but as Cap'n Henry pointed out, it works for sailing vessels - in a very limited space on a boat that tips, no less!
Hope you all had a great weekend. I'm glad that I got as far as I did, and that Sarah will be home in two days. Happily, I remembered to get her car out of the garage before assembly started!