WE ARE FUNDED!!
Thank you to each and every one of our backers who made this all possible!
The campaign for Epic Picnic is now over, but the story continues on! For details on how you can obtain your very own copy of the game, visit www.DeviousDevices.net and sign up for our newsletter for details on the retail availability for Epic Picnic and news on all future games from Devious Devices!
Once again, it has been an incredible journey and we look forward to hearing how munch you enjoyed the game!!
-- Eric & Anthony
Epic Picnic is a fast and crazy card game inspired by a verbal memory game from childhood that we corrupted with humor from our adult life. You might bring figgy pudding on a picnic, fashion a makeshift weapon out of Peter Piper's pickled pecker, or inherit a Nicaraguan death squad from your grandfather.
Best of all, it's super easy to pick up and play!
Players flip cards to represent the ridiculous and terrible things they are bringing on the picnic (or other scenario) while at the same time trying to stay focused and remember what everyone else is bringing. Miss just one card and you're out in this last-man-standing, brain-hemorrhaging face-off!
This game is seriously easy to play — you might even already know how if you're familiar with the game from when you were a kid...
It looks easy, but don't let that fool you! It's a challenge for even the most mentally-equipped, sober player.
Don't believe us? Okay, fine –– download the game and try it for yourself! We've provided a slimmed down version of the game for you to print, play and enjoy.
Click here to check out the Print 'n Play game and the latest version of the rules. (Including an alternate method for play (Picnic Frenzy!) and a couple variants to add to the level of challenge, should you desire it.)
We truly believe Epic Picnic could be your new favorite party game and here's why:
- Distinctive Among Card Games -- It's based on one of our favorites games as kids and uses an intuitively designed stacking mechanic to both obscure and hint at every card.
- Designed to Be Hilarious -- The bright, colorful art contrasts the irreverent adult theme adding to the ridiculous gameplay experience that each card already provides.
- Clean and Simple Design -- We believe its minimal components and rules make it perfect for parties and get-togethers.
- Easy & Challenging -- It's easy to teach, yet challenging enough to hold your attention and keep you on the edge of your seat for hours on end.
We have 140 cards for you, in a shiny box large enough to fit 300 (to fill with stretch goals and expansions!).
What the "Picnic-goers" are saying...
Our professional chefs have cooked up some simple goals for you at our request, to help guarantee the success of Epic Picnic...
Shipping is easy!
- Continental US Backers: Pledge for the PICNIC AT HOME ($20) reward level to get Epic Picnic and all achieved stretch goals shipped to your doorstep at no extra cost! Continental US ONLY!
- Canada, AK and HI Backers: Choose the PICNIC WITH NEIGHBORS ($30) reward level to get Epic Picnic and all achieved stretch goals shipped to your doorstep.
- Europe, Asia and All Other Regions: Choose the PICNIC WITHOUT BORDERS ($45) reward level, to get the full game and all achieved stretch goals shipped to your address.
- Retail / FLGS Backers: You are welcome to choose the PICNIC AT HOME ($20) reward level, and simply add $20 more to your pledge for each additional copy (up to 8 total) and have them all delivered to your storefront. Continental US ONLY!
Anthony Rando (Right) and I (Eric Cesare, Left) are the twisted minds behind Epic Picnic. The game started as a solution to having a ton of games to play at get-togethers, but not having the time to teach newcomers those with more complex rules. Soon after, it blossomed into the idea that more games could benefit from being both easy to learn, but also fun to master.
We're avid tabletop gamers who enjoy a really wide variety of dice-slinging, card-flipping, luck-pushing games. It has become our dream to make games that spend less time teaching and more time playing, and we hope Epic Picnic will become the first step on that journey, which bring us here -- to Kickstarter.
We can't do it without you!
We sincerely need your help to turn that vision into reality. We are firm supporters of Kickstarter's ability to fund peoples' dreams, and believe that Epic Picnic is a perfect fit for what it offers.
If we are successful, Epic Picnic will be the jumping block we need to help drive the development and creation of future games we think the world will enjoy. To us and those that have played the game, it's a perfect example of our mindset. We have taught more people to play Epic Picnic accidentally than I think we have intentionally! Simply watching a few turns is enough to be able to jump in and start playing along, and that is one of the most satisfying things for a game designer.
Thank you for your pledges and support! We are honored to have it!!
Risks and challenges
The game is done -- literally! Our art and design are complete, the numbers have been crunched and all the core game files are ready to send to the manufacturer. Although this is Devious Devices’ first game, we’re working with one of the most reputable card printing companies: AdMagic, so we’re confident our game is in good hands. (Check them out at AdMagic.com!)
Since the game consists solely of cards and a box, the risk is minimal. We have budgeted extra time for each phase of the fulfillment process and are confident that we can deliver the game on schedule. All we need is to fulfill our Kickstarter goal so that we can get the printing presses rolling and the game into your hands as soon as possible!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)