We're a group of passionate filmmakers who, after working painstakingly on the dreams of others, are banding together to finally realize our own dream. We've had the pleasure of working on some great film and television shows bringing someone else's vision to life, but now its time to finally have creative freedom and work on our own production.
We want to make something that we, as movie fans, would want to watch.
THE DEVIL'S TREE
After visiting a landmark tree rumored to be a gateway to hell, a group of friends hold a small house party where, without explanation, they realize they mentally can't bring themselves to leave. Shortly after this revelation, torment and slaughter begins at the hands of a supernatural killer with a warped, sadistic sense of humor.
If everyone who visits this page pledges even just $1 we'll make our goal and our dreams can come true.
WHO IS WORKING ON THIS?
(in order of the photograph from left to right)
- DOUG TUBACH is an Executive Producer as well as our Visual Effects Supervisor. Doug currently works at Industrial Light and Magic where he has worked on such films as Pirates of the Caribbean and The Avengers. Doug has also produced a long list of comedy shows for television. Some of his credits can be found on his IMDB.
- JOSHUA PETRINO is the Director and will also have a hand in the special effects area. He's done vfx on films like Hatchet 3, Chromeskull: Laid to Rest 2 and television shows like 'Wilfred' He has also produced 3 feature horror films to date. More credits on IMDB.
- HOWARD SMITH is a Producer as well as our Cinematographer. Howard has worked on such films as Harry Potter: Order of the Phoenix, Men in Black 3, and My Bloody Valentine. Howard's expertise behind the camera is crucial to getting the crazy angles and unique shots the atmosphere of this film requires. More Credits on IMDB.
- MARK RICCADONNA is an Executive producer and our Casting Director. Mark is most well known as a professional Headlining NYC Comedian and an actor. Years of working in films/television and booking one of the biggest comedy clubs in NYC has allowed Mark to easily slip into the role of producer.
- PAT RYAN is a producer, our Assistant Director and an agent for a variety of different fields. Pat also runs one of Connecticut's Most Prestigious Theaters. His attention to detail in paperwork, extreme creativity and ability to consume chicken wings makes him a very important asset to the team.
- MIKE SAGA is an Executive Producer and our Promoter. He's also an International DJ, an Event Promoter and a graphic designer. What more could you ask for from Philadelphia's Mike Saga? With a thirst for Horror movies and knowledge of promotion, it only made sense he join our team. Rumor has it he will play a MONSTER of a role in the movie as well.
- The entire screenplay is designed to play against what we've come to expect in horror films while still respecting the genre and is streamlined to highlight the fun parts. It's contents are the result of months of research on the occult, applying our expertise in special effects/camera work and being avid horror fans for years. There is plenty of blood, gore, laughs and scares!
- All of us are well versed in running a camera, lighting set ups, as well as acting. Preparation is one of the most important factors in having a great shoot. We know exactly what we want to see and everything has been planned out as much as possible. This along with our experience gives us a lot of control over our set.
- Each one of us has access to top of the line equipment which we are able to get for much cheaper than most would pay. We already have some great equipment of our own to combine with what we are in line to rent, so are arsenal is pretty heavy. For more info on the equipment we'll be using please visit our facebook page.
- The fx process we'll be using allows us to make things look great for a very low cost. For instance this head smash cost virtually nothing compared to what most companies would pay for this effect. Its quick so you may have to replay it and the sound is there just for fun but check it out!
What is your money going toward?
- With the script being adapted to our abilities, the access we have to top of the line equipment,our knowledge and skill set, a lot of imagination and hard work, and most importantly your contribution, we can make a fantastic product that looks and feels like it was made for millions of dollars.
- A lot of the money is going toward paying the actors and crew, feeding everyone, making sure they have a place to sleep and effects disposables like blood, guts, gore, life casts and etc. Having paid actors, and top of the line physical effects will allow us to have a high quality film.
This is where we need your help. Without your involvement, this film will never be made.
If you want to see this become a reality, please make a pledge and help us reach our goal of $25,000.
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
After you complete your transaction, Kickstarter will give you the option to send a message out to your friends/followers on Facebook and Twitter.
This message will inform your friends that you just backed us and will include a link to The Devil's Tree Kickstarter page (you'll be able to edit the text). Please send these messages! It only takes a second and it'll be a huge help!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
We picked the Devil's Tree because we wanted our subject matter to be close to home. Its a neat urban legend that holds a lot of lure. For more information on the myths that surround the tree, read this article.
Risks and challenges
While we'd hate to go off on somewhat of a "down note" this section is required by kickstarter. Please don't be alarmed or treat this as a red flag.
With our experience and determination, our only concern is that the project will be way too awesome. In all seriousness though, we know what we're doing and the 25k will allow us to take care of all possible risks and challenges.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (31 days)