This isn't going to go into production unless we can get the boards done in a local factory, so that is why we're here at Kickstarter once again trying to raise funds, because I want to keep the price down on these, and the best way to do that is to order populated boards manufactured in bulk.
For those who have never heard of devi ever : fx, I have created effects for many incredible performers including Nine Inch Nails, The Smashing Pumpkins, Queens of the Stone Age, Depeche Mode, and many many more. Visit my website for more about my company : www.deviever.com. Also visit www.infanem.com to check out the excellent work of the engineer behind this project!
I know the video just shows a mockup of the idea, but I hope to have a prototype available before this Kickstarter ends, though I am hoping between my long standing reputation in the boutique community as a weird innovator, and Infanem's incredible track record of engineering complex, yet usable, circuitry you will take this opportunity to jump on board a fun and unique fx idea! Once again, I hope to have a prototype before this kickstarter ends, but if you visit our sites and vibe on what we are laying down, it'd be nice to get this project rolling sooner than later! :D
SO, a little back story on this idea : I was watching one of the many dubstep based videos on youtube the other day and was joking about the fact that the genre is becoming so popular we're bound to see all kinds of dubstep fusions... maybe even someday dubstep jazz.
That's when it hit me that there should be an easy way to create dubstep filter sounds on the fly just for such a fusion of genres, and a few minutes later of mulling it over in my mind... I had the solution.
So I present to you the DUB STEP, the dub step guitar pedal.
Watch the video for the full details. I'll be providing more info over the next few days as information is requested.
I hope you are excited as the ability to create these kinds of sounds on the fly as I am! :D
- 2 Pole, 12db per octave, Resonant Stave Variable Filter
- Filter range : 40h to 10khz
- LFO shapes : ramp up, ramp down, pulse, trangle, sine, sweep, lumps, random
- LFO divisions : 1/2, 1/4, triplet 1/4, 1/8, triplet 1/8, 16th
- Release speed upwards of 5 seconds then hold while the release button is pressed
- CV LFO sync input
- LFO speed expression input
- Division switching input for use with custom made external controller to switch between each division on the fly (individual footswitch for each division)
- Soft touch foot / push button switching for ease of use on table tops as well as the floor
- power : 9 volt (dc jack only)
- (30 days)