- We have taken over a year to complete this campaign, we hope our efforts towards creating a stunning timepiece to add to your collection are recognized and we are able to go into production with the Ascent Pro.
- We wanted to create a watch that would be almost shockingly under-priced compared to industry standards. We have thoroughly thought through each component and here is what we've created:
- Black on Black - Our Recon Edition is perfect for any occasion. Brushed & Polished Black Stainless Steel give this watch a clean and sleek appearance.
- Silver on Silver - Polished and Brushed our Slate Silver is our signature piece. Designed in Toronto we believe this is the perfect rendition of what a dive watch should encompass.
- Gold on Gold - This is our most elegant option of the Ascent Pro. Featuring Polished Rose Gold and a Graphite Grey Bezel and face this is an eye grabber.
- An anti-reflective or anti-reflection (AR) coating is a type of optical coating applied to the surface of lenses and other optical devices to reduce reflection.
- Our internal mechanism is the Seiko NH35-A. The best possible movement in our price range for our desires. As self proclaimed horologists, this movement is unbeatable for the value it provides.
- Our movement was a crucial aspect in our designing process. When selecting our movement we we're in search for the following things:
- Value - Had to keep our price-point under $250 (Retail)
- Depth-Resistance (Must be able to work under professional regulation divers watches requirements)
- Quality - This movement is truly a powerhouse. There are nothing but positive reviews from horology forums with regards the Seiko NH35-A.
Visual representation of the Seiko NH35-A Rotor Movement upon daily wear.
- Powered by you, the Ascent Pro will never miss a minute. With daily wear our 41 hour power reserve with hand wind-able hacking will prevent this timepiece from ever missing a beat. With the quality components in the Ascent Pro there will be no adventure to big to stand in your way of wearing it.
- Using 3D software we have designed and perfected the Ascent Pro. We've undergone 5 different renditions and ultimately selected our final design on usability and it's performance whilst worn. Using the highest quality materials, we're confident in our 5 year warranty offered on all Ascent Pro watches.
- We stand behind our watches and are committed to your business. Our Ascent Pro watches will come with a warranty of (5) years after the original purchase. The warranty covers parts and significant damage. We want you to feel comfortable pushing your Ascent Pro to it's limits.
- Our watches were designed with cost efficiency in mind. We could have chosen more expensive components and charged a higher price but we wanted to include multiple budgets into our target demographic. Considering our components and aesthetic our prices are super competitive to the industry standards. We stand by our value and will continue to develop projects with price point in mind.
- We spent over 400 hours developing the design for the Ascent Pro. Combining elements from our favorite timepieces into a collaborative modern diver using the highest quality materials.
- Using Diving Grade 316L (ISO 6425 Tested) our watches will only get better looking with age. Using a rigorous polishing technique our watches are as soft as steel can get.
- We started developing this campaign in August of 2015. After months of research and development, countless prototypes and many pots of coffee, we are now ready to bring the Ascent Pro to Kickstarter
- With our projections your Ascent Pro will arrive March 2017
- The Ascent Pro marks the second creation from us at Deviate. We completed our campaign in June 2015 and have worked on the Ascent Pro full time since August. Here is some feedback from our last watch release.
- Reaching our funding goal is just the start to what we have planned for the campaign. We plan on continuously enhancing your experience with the Ascent Pro. Here are a few examples how:
Risks and challenges
We have secured our supplier, manufactured our prototypes and have our plan of action mapped out for how we will be ensuring your Ascent Pro's arrive on time. We are fully capable of fulfilling every backers reward and we are looking forward to have the opportunity to do so. We are ready to bring our Ascent Pro into production and hope you all give us the opportunity to do so! Our risks are low as we have our MOQ's set as our funding goals and we have the team necessary to support any number of pledges needed to be shipped.
Thank you for the opportunity and we hope you pledge towards our campaign.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (40 days)