A modern dance film that follows eccentric characters who defy group behaviors, drawing upon the unsuspecting moments of city life. Read more
This project was successfully funded on December 2, 2011.
About this project
Project Update 11.23.11
We have successfully reached our goal of $4,000 in just 37 days! We truly appreciate all of your support and we are eager to move forward with the film. With that being said...
We still have time before our Kickstarter campaign ends!
As we mentioned in our little video, $4,000 is the MINIMUM amount we need to make this film happen. We can still use your help!!!! We have until December 1 at 10:00 pm to raise some extra money.
2-hours of rehearsal space = $30
postage stamps (for your rewards) = $44
1 video projector = $275
renting a theater to screen Pedestrian Crossing = $1,800
Let's keep the momentum rolling! Go! Go! Go!
We’re Kat Cole and Eric Garcia, the Artistic Directors and choreographers of detourdance. We’ve been making dances and films together for over 2 years now and we are super excited for our next project, Pedestrian Crossing.
Check out the video above to catch a preview of the film we’re working on!
Some people may say you’re not a San Franciscan until you’ve ordered a CSA box, pedaled through the Mission in a pair of skinny jeans, or had a “MUNI experience” worth uploading to YouTube. There’s no question some experiences are uniquely San Francisco—or at least, uniquely urban—and we want to capture these experiences in our newest work, Pedestrian Crossing.
Incorporating contemporary dance and pedestrian vocabularies, Pedestrian Crossing is a dance film that follows eccentric and estranged characters who defy group behaviors, drawing upon the already-inherent absurdities and poetics present in San Francisco. Moments like waiting at a bus stop, hailing a taxi (or awkwardly avoiding being caught in someone else’s photo) can provide unique and unsuspecting opportunities for dance.
Your donation will go towards two crucial components for this film:
1) Directly provide ALL of our video equipment: We’re committed to producing high-quality, professional dance films, and you can help us make this possible!
2) Directly compensate ALL of our artistic collaborators: We’ll be working with over 10 local (and amazing) performers, cinematographers and collaborators.
With your donation you’ll be supporting a new wave of local, emerging artists at a pivotal phase in our development.
Please consider supporting this film, and passing this Kickstarter along to anyone you think may be interested. Not to mention the nifty rewards you’ll receive in thanks for your support!
We’d love to hear your thoughts, favorite places in the city (maybe it’ll be part of the film!), and other comments. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and get more info and see our previous work at www.detourdance.com
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Pledge $1 or more
● Hugs whenever we see you!
● Supporter acknowledgment on our website and in the film creditsEstimated delivery:
Pledge $25 or more
● A handwritten thank you from Kat and Eric ● Acknowledgment on our printed programs ● & all the benefits of the $1 pledgeEstimated delivery:
Pledge $35 or more
● A digital copy of the film ● & all the benefits of the $25 pledgeEstimated delivery:
Pledge $50 or more
● A haiku from Kat and Eric, dedicated to you! :)
● Invitation to our kickoff party
● & all the benefits of the $35 pledgeEstimated delivery:
Pledge $75 or more
● A DVD copy of the final film (Pedestrian Crossing)
● & all of the benefits of $50 pledgeEstimated delivery:
Pledge $100 or more
● A DVD copy of both our dance films (Drift and Pedestrian Crossing)
● A live shout out during the premiere screening
● & all the benefits of the $75 pledgeEstimated delivery:
Pledge $200 or more
● A tea party with Kat & Eric
● A signed DVD of both films
● & all the benefits of the $100 pledgeEstimated delivery:
Pledge $500 or more
● Picnic with detour dance during a production day, and meet our cast and crew
● A “behind the scenes” reel of Pedestrian Crossing
● 2 complimentary tickets to the premiere screening
● & all the benefits of the $200 pledgeEstimated delivery:
Pledge $1,000 or more
● A walk on cameo in the film
● & all the benefits of the $500 pledgeEstimated delivery:
- (45 days)