About this project
One more reason to love AL13
We want you to pick the next color.
Here’s how it works:
• Choose your favorite color from the list.
• Let us know by commenting on our wall, or leaving us a message.
• We’ll tally the results and the most votes wins!
Goal #1 $75,000 will make it possible to offer AL13 in the winning color.
Goal #2 $100,000 AL13 becomes available in the second favorite color.
May the best color win!!!
We are so excited to share our first project with the Kickstarter family. AL13 is a slim, lightweight bumper made from aerospace aluminum that offers protection without changing the look of your iPhone.
We need your help to move it into production. We’ve perfected the design and made the moulds, but we need additional funding to bring it to market. $20,000 will allow us to purchase materials and pay for the manufacturing process, taking AL13 from prototype to production.
Why did we take on this project?
We didn’t set out to make AL13. We stumbled upon the idea at a trade show. We’d been searching for the perfect iPhone bumper for a while but never found one that could do what we wanted – protect the phone, but be virtually invisible. We happened upon this amazing booth and immediately got really excited. This guy had it. His iPhone case was slim, attractive and made with extreme attention to detail. It was also ridiculously expensive. So there we were again, back at square one. The perfect case was still unattainable.
The next day we looked at each other and said, “Let’s just make our own! Let’s design something even more impressive and make it affordable so everyone can have it.”
Designed by m was born. And what we came up with, AL13, is better than any of us could have ever imagined.
The How - How does it work
AL13 works by raising your iPhone away from surfaces protecting the edges and absorbing the shock from bumps and knocks.
- AL13 raises the phone from surface contact.
- Rubber Lining acts as a shock absorber to minimize impact damage to your phone and also protects your iPhone when your installing AL13
- High impact, anti-scratch, anti-fingerprint and anti-glare polyurethane screen protector keeps your screen in pristine condition.
- Simple Slide Cover – no screws and tools, It simply glides on and locks into place
The Case for AL13
We designed AL13 for iPhone users like us who were searching for something to protect their phone without changing it into some strange-looking object that has no resemblance to the phone they bought in the first place.
AL13 is crafted from the finest materials and designed to protect your iPhone from bumps, knocks and scratches while seamlessly blending with its form. It’s tough and functional, yet so thin and light you’ll forget it’s there.
We put our heart and soul into the design
Our team really put a lot of thought into the design of AL13. We looked at everything we wanted and every problem with existing cases we could think of, and checked them off one by one until we had a prototype that was perfect.
Some of AL13’s features:
- Made from Aerospace Aluminum. It’s thin yet strong enough to do its job.
- Weighs less than 16 grams.
- Anodized finish in four colors - black, red, silver and a limited edition kickstarter green. Made to perfectly match the look of your iPhone.
- Beautifully designed, it has Chamfered Edges for a sleek, elegant form that blends with the iPhone.
- Simple Slide Cover. There are no screws and you won’t need any tools to put AL13 in place. The back just glides on and locks firmly in place for easy installation.
- Anti-scuff rubber lining. This lining is dual purpose: It makes sure you never scratch your phone as you move AL13 on and off and it helps to absorb the shock of falls and bumps that can damage your iPhone.
- Includes anti-scratch, anti-fingerprint and anti-glare PET screen protector and for the back a protective film to protect your phone from coins and keys when in your pocket or purse.
You shouldn’t have to spend half the cost of your iPhone to get a quality protector that you like. We feel like we’ve cracked the code on this. We’ve sourced the best materials available, with a truly amazing design and lined up a brilliant manufacturer who is as detail-oriented as we are. All this at a price everyone will be able to afford. That’s one of the things we are most excited about. For us AL13 is an expression of art, creativity and ingenuity that fulfills our mission to make quality products with innovative design available to everyone.
Right, we’ve already said that! But we felt like we needed to say it again. Make a pledge and help us make AL13 a reality. Support us and you’ll receive one of the first editions of a product we hope you’ll love as much as we do.
Where we are at
We’ve poured all our blood, sweat, tears... and money into perfecting the design, sourcing the materials and developing the prototype for AL13. We now have to tackle manufacturing and distribution and that’s a whole other cost.
AL13 will be available in four anodized finishes initially – grey, black, red and just for Kickstarter, a special limited edition in “Believer” green. Your pledges will make it possible for us to put AL13 into production. We’re hoping to have it ready to go and on the market by mid-late March 2013. Please help us to spread the word. Share this with all of your iPhone-loving friends.
Where you come in
So we’re putting it to you. If you like AL13, please support it. We see Kickstarter as the great equalizer. It gives small companies like us a chance to bring cool products that might not have otherwise seen the light of day, to the market. There are no big corporation politics or agendas. Just people like us who love design.
Think making a Kickstarter Video is easy?
Checkout Lester and Jeremy's "outtakes" from the making of the AL13 Kickstarter Video.
Thank you in advance! We are so grateful for your support. The success of this project depends on you. Thank you for believing. It means the world to us.
Apple is a trademark of Apple Inc., no endorsement implied.
Risks and challenges
We have refined the prototype and checked and rechecked everything to ensure as smooth a process as possible when we begin production. If we reach our funding target, Lester, our CEO, and Jeremy, our Marketing Director, will personally oversee the production process and ensure quality control.
We’ve taken no chances with our materials as this is crucial to the quality of our product and our promise to make it affordable. We have more than one source lined up should our main supplier fall through.
We recognize that even the best laid plans may have complications, but we are confident that our team is experienced, resourceful and determined enough to deal with any situation.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (48 days)