*See at the bottom for an interview in french
What if a 6 year old offers us a whole new POV on the Art of Business?
THE 226-PAGE BOOK'S MVP IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR AN $8 REWARD. RECEIVE IT THIS WEEK! I NEED ENTREPRENEURS' STORIES TO FINISH THIS BOOK. SHARE YOURS!
*Simply fill this Typeform. It will takeless than 5 min. Click here!*
My 6 year old partner, Daniele, featured in this campaign video, will choose the stories that resonate the most with him and put them in the official release of this book!
I think there are 2 types of business books:
- The ones written by famous business people, so readers buy them because they are written by well-known people.
- And the ones that say similar stuff about business but in a cool, new, refreshing way. Thanks to the fresh insights of Daniele, featured in this campaign video, I bet on the second type with this book, obviously. :)
"I doubt you will learn new things with this book. I bet you will unlearn a lot though, and have soooo much fun doing it! "
- Someone paid to say this
I set my campaign's goal to $3000. With this cash, I'll be able to pay for other great illustrations and spend time adding meat to the bone—and make this book a New York Times best-seller! Who knows?! Here's what I offer as rewards for all the entrepreneurs that believe in me and in this book. For $1, I'll say thank you—but for more, you can get all these rewards!
WHY YOU SHOULD READ THIS BOOK
Because, like Daniele, you believe the Art of Business and the path to success should be fun and simple.
And, moreover, should lead to happiness—not to burnout! For some, this book offers a way to create a successful business. For others, it's all about creating a path to finding happiness by creating something that subtly changes many people's lives—starting with yours. To know more, grab the $8 rewards to get the first 226-page draft copy.
If you really like it, go fill out this quick form and share your story with all the readers in the official version of the book. Simply click here.
WHO SHOULD NOT READ THIS BOOK?
- Adults who’ve lost their “child heart”
- People that hate dreaming
- People who are too serious/boring
- People too busy to read
I guess you're not on the list above, right? Then this book is for you!
WHAT'S INSIDE? WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
26 shortcuts to success & happiness inspired by my boy Daniele. Wanna be the first to read this book? Get the $8 reward and receive the 226-page MVP this week.
Not sure yet? Take a look at some random awesome pages below.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
The main objective of this book is to offer you a fresh perspective of the Art of Business. I don't guarantee you will learn something, but you might :
- CTRL A: Discover what the big PIC of your life is
- CTRL B: Find out what your bold purpose is and the bold problems you were born to solve
- CTRL C: Learn how to copy successful people—their actions, their ideas
- CTRL D: Improve an existing product into something awesome
- CTRL E: Stay centered on your mission
- CTRL F-G-H: Build MVPs in 3 easy shortcuts: Search-Go-Replace
- CTRL I: Italicize or put the emphasis on what works
- CTRL J: Justify your business with a great business model
- CTRL K: Build strong hyperlinks
- CTRL L: Align left and grow fast
- CTRL M: Know the good and the bad margins
- CTRL N: Create new things and innovate
- CTRL O: Open your doors officially & effectively
- CTRL P: Print your passion
- CTRL Q: Discover what to quit and when to quit
- CTRL R: How to refresh and align right
- CTRL S: Learn to save the essentials, lean startup style
- CTRL T: Open a new tab in your business
- CTRL V: Paste what sticks
- CTRL W: Close useless tabs
- CTRL X: Cut good tabs that don't fit with your current business model
- CTRL Y: Redo
- CTRL Z: Undo
- CTRL ENTER: Jump to another level
WHY DO I NEED YOUR SUPPORT?
As I said, my primary goal is $3000 to pay for video production, create interviews with entrepreneurs, collect more examples to make the official version of the book awesome, shipping, Kickstarter/Stripe payments , website, eBook, video production, proofreading, editing, illustrations and time to put everything together. What if I get more?
Thanks to Daniele Esposito for his fresh point of view about business... and his incredible acting performance!
Thanks also to Razvan Radu for helping me with the illustrations.
Like I said above: I NEED ENTREPRENEURS' STORIES TO FINISH THIS BOOK. SHARE YOURS! *Simply fill this form (takes less than 5 min). Click here!*
WHO AM I?
My name is Derek Morin and I've always dreamt about being a successful entrepreneur. Quite honestly, I'm not—especially if we refer to the "American Dream" success. Still, I co-own few businesses and make a living out of it, and I have enough free time to write a book.
My mom says freedom is worth more than wealth. She might be right, but she still works six days a week!
HOW CAN YOU HELP ME?
BY SPREADING THE WORD via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or via email. Click one or more icons below to share:
Any additional questions or comments, feel free to contact me at: derekmorin.job at gmail.com
Thanks 3000 times!
Risks and challenges
Life is full of risks. The primary risk of writing a book is to not finish it. I overcame this risk with the MVP version of the book as it is already done.
But there's a difference between a good MVP and a great book. That's what I need the money for. To overcome the risk of publishing a simple MVP in PDF and not a colorful, illustrated hardcover book everywhere, with my own ISBN.
Beyond the book, I want to have time to get in touch with readers, taking time to reply to all my emails, meeting them, organizing conferences or simple meetups.
A great challenge was to write a book in English, which is a foreign language for me (I'm a French Canadian guy). A great risk would be not to accept your help for fixing some of my English mistakes. :)
If the project succeeds at a high level I've never dreamt of, I might have to hire someone to manage all the great madness that comes with it.
Currently I have other projects I’m in the process of fulfilling— another one on Kickstarter in July, right after this one, other projects for clients and some products we launch. A risk could be not to care enough about these projects OR not to care enough about the SSSH! kickstarter campaign and supporters and fail miserably.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)