THE STORY SO FAR
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, MY FRIEND
DER MAGICKER, the A.I. player, gets a turn after each player drawing CHAOS CARDS, spawning Zombies, equipping Weapons and attacking players. Pretty much just being a real jerk.
Players take turns drawing cards, playing actions and building their army by attacking other players (including Der Magicker), recruiting or killing their minions and stealing prized items. But it’s everyone for themselves and one with the best toys win.
Players can collect their own color minions, unlocking their champion‘s special power. As players find more weapons and items they become more powerful and can build their army faster, but they also become a bigger target for the other players.
As players draw, they could get INFECTED and join the zombie side, opening up a new style of play. The win conditions are the same, but now zombie players activate powerful game changing abilities with their minions to claim the victory. But remember, Der Magicker gets a turn after each player and he could draw a CHAOS CARD that 'll ruin everyone’s day; unless you have an ARMOR to protect you. It's important to keep Der Magicker in check; or he'll win the game.
There are two win conditions to the game, be the first champion with 10 minions in your army, or loot and steal BETA components, which completes your BETA DEVICE, and instantly win the game.
Not only are you getting a great game, but we are launching our 150+ page Graphic Novel, which BETA is based on, at the same time. Get the game and you get the novel.
WORLD EXPLORER APP
You will also get access to a one-of-a-kind digital world navigator to dig into extras about the story, easter eggs, development art and overall cool stuff. The world navigator also features some casual reward driven mini games to unlock new stories and extra content.
The game cards will be AR enhanced, allowing a player to point the BETA AR App at the cards to get more information about the cards, trigger animations, interactive panels and 3D content. We will continue to evolve the app adding more features and even expansions to the core game. Technology Rocks!
Every single Roundy Pal is crocheted individually by our wonderful and talented friend Kristy Fisher. We think it's safe to say that her work speaks for itself and cannot wait to see piles of our heroes (and maybe zombies!).
REVIEWS, PREVIEWS AND INTERVIEWS
Click on the logo to see/read/hear the complete review
What are we going to do with the money? Good question. Here is where we are currently at with the progress on the final product. The funds will be used for printing the game, as well as finishing up some of the cool extras we think you are going to love!
We are on version seven of our rulebook and feel that this is the best version yet. That being said, we are still refining and perfecting thanks to some tips from our reviewers. Feel free to peruse it and let us know if you have any questions!
We plan on changing shipping costs through our pledge manger after our campaign closes. We feel that this is the fair way to do it since times are changing and so are taxes. We are currently comparing our options for the most economical shipping prices with tracking for your peace of mind. Once we nail down the EXACT prices we will update our campaign and message you. Below are estimates for shipping costs; the first price is for the game only, and the second price is for the game, graphic novel, and the roundy pal.
- US - FREE!
- Canada - $16 / $18
- EU - $16 / $18 (This includes Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg , Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and UK)
- Australia - $19 / $21
- New Zealand - $20 / $26
- China/Hong Kong $10 / $11
- Rest of Asia $19 / $23 (This includes Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, and Japan)
- Rest of the World $54 / $66
We do not ship to South America, Africa, Brazil, Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Afghanistan.
Risks and challenges
1) Game: Good news is that we've been playtesting BETA for over three years so we are confident that the game play is balanced and each game is different. All the art for the game is finished so no hurdles there.
2) Graphic Novel: We are finishing up the final episode now. As the artist completes each page we send it directly to the colorist, then will have it lettered.
3) Roundy Pals: Cool thing is that Kristy has created and designed all of the Roundy Pals on her own and documented the instructions. It'll just take time for her to fulfill the orders.
1) Game: We've secured a reputable company in China to print our cards and custom box. We're super stoked on the quality and can't wait to see our official prototype.
2) Graphic Novel: We are still researching options for printing the graphic novel and are excited to see the print quality of samples heading our way.
3) Roundy Pals: Kristy is going to be crocheting her heart away and depending on how successful we are will determine how quickly we will be able to fulfill that portion of campaign. BUT we do plan on mailing the Roundy Pals as they are completed.
FULFILLMENT: We have a couple of different reputable fulfillment companies and are in the process of narrowing down whom we should use when the time arrives.
We plan on keeping our backers informed of all progress in an effort to keep you updated and informed every step of the way and to just KIT. :)
If you have any questions please ask.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (32 days)