About this project
The Undress- The worlds first changing garment of its kind, and the #1 women's specific fashion project in Kickstarter history!
Ask yourself this: Have you recently been forced to change clothes in public? Have you tried changing behind a flimsy towel, in a dirty public restroom, the backseat of a car, or worse? Perhaps before or after a workout? We have the perfect solution for you.
With The Undress, you no longer have to resort to these potentially embarrassing and inconvenient methods of changing your clothes in public.
The Undress is more than just a dress, it's a SYSTEM that has many proprietary features to help you change clothes without ever getting naked.
The Undress has a variety of features & benefits such as:
- Helping you change from one outfit to another without getting naked!
- Is self-packable so you can bring it anywhere, easily!
- You can shorten the length of The Undress for wading in the water or walking in the sand!
- Use it as a car seat cover in seconds!
- Wear as a dress - It's cute!
- It's reversible! One side looks like a one-piece and the reverse side looks like a two-piece!
The Undress is versatile and can serve the needs of many women, but most especially active women that train week to week, and change clothes in odd places.
- Women on-the-go- You're busy. And like Superman (or Superwoman), sometimes you just need to do a quick costume change. (Where did all the telephone booths go?!)
- Runners- You run. You run a lot. You sweat a lot AND you still have to get back in your car after the workout. If you're like most runners, you might need to drop by the grocery store on the way back home, or grab a drink with friends after the run. Change out of your workout clothes easily with The Undress.
- Triathletes- You train 4-5 times a week. And chances are, you train outdoors and are a master at the Dreaded "Towel Tango." Put The Undress in your gear bag and keep it there at all times. It's especially handy after a Triathlon!
- Beach / Surfers - Why hike a mile back to the car or to the crusty public restroom when you can easily change clothes ON THE BEACH? With The Undress- you can swap in and out of your bikini in a quick minute without any embarrassing slips.
- Yogis- Yoga in the park = divine. Getting out of your $150 yoga pants in a hot parking lot with only a towel to cover you? NOT so divine. The Undress helps your day flow, flow, flow smoothly even after your workout…
- Cross Trainers- If you're going to do 5 things in a day, do 5 workouts- not the 5 "Dreaded Public No No's." And when you're done smashing your workouts and need to swap outfits, The Undress has got you covered! (Get it?)
- Sports Teams - Your team can do a uniform swap "on the field" in minutes. As a bonus, you could totally confuse the other team if you decided to do a uniform swap in the middle of the game. Worth it.
- Use in Locker Rooms to stay discreet- Just because you're in a locker room doesn't mean you HAVE to show everyone your "good side", does it?
- Models, Performers, and Actors- You are sometimes forced to change clothes without adequate facilities. So take matters into your own hands and protect your assets by bringing The Undress to every gig around town and around the country.
- Photographers / Videographers - You can have The Undress on stand-by as a courtesy to your models and actors. Oh, we bet that the models are going to love The Undress so much, they might steal it. Don't say we didn't warn you!
- Travelers - You're backpacking through the country or over-seas and staying in hostels. You live for adventure but that's doesn't mean you have to change in front of complete strangers or on a crowded tour bus. Use The Undress to easily change outfits in seconds!
“The Undress is a MUST HAVE after every marathon or Triathlon- I would keep one in my post-race gear bag, and is exactly what I need after every event, after every run. It’s Absolutely Awesome.”- Natalie, Triathlete
“We do Yoga in the Park- and the public restroom isn’t always a safe or clean option. With this, I can change anywhere.” - Kaitee, Yogi
“On the beach, I wouldn’t have to walk a mile back to the bathroom, which is almost always wet and dirty. I would be able to change right on the beach, and even wear The Undress on the boardwalk after.” - Nikki L.
"I would use The Undress as a service to my models during photoshoots. It’s a must have for everyone in fashion, or photography." Linda Nguyen, Linda Moo Photography
"Every fashion model should have her own and bring to every photo session, just in case.” - Monique, Model & Artist
"I can literally change clothes on the bus. Have you ever tried to change clothes in a bus bathroom while traveling in a foreign country? Not fun." - Mica Spatz, World Traveller, who is often stuck on a bus for more than 24 hours.
These Undress garments will be made in the USA, right here in California, with the highest quality fabrics and craftsmanship. We only use comfortable, breathable materials, which is why The Undress has the potential to become a staple in every active woman’s lifestyle.
We want you to have The Undress as soon as possible. Here’s our plan to achieve that:
- September/October: Make lots of new Kickstarter friends, execute manufacturing agreements/standards
- November: Hook and Handle: Mold Finalized, Plastic Injection Molding Started.
- December/Jan: Production begins!
- January/February: Start Shipping The Undress to you!
We take pride in what we do. After investing 9 months and developing 5 generations of prototypes of The Undress with every detail painstakingly explored, we are ready to bring this unique garment to you.
Made in USA- YES! Assembled one by one, by hand, in Los Angeles California.
Material- Only the finest, comfortable, breathable fabrics are used. We have sourced a vibrant jersey fabric that has moisture-wicking abilities, but retains the comfort of light cotton. Works well on warm days, as well as chilly nights.
Build Quality- We use the strongest threads, fasteners, fabric we can access to make sure The Undress is as tough as you are. We double stitch and overlock in seams that need the structure, and even special seams to make The Undress aesthetically pleasing where needed.
Elastics, and Material- In our Testing and Research, we have determined the precise amount of flexibility and adjustability needed, which is why we have elastic and flexible fabric in all the right places. We have multiple sizes to choose from, to fit most women.
Hook and Handle™- The amazingly clever Hook and Handle™ feature has been engineered by industry professionals and prototyped with the latest 3D printing technology. They will be constructed with light, and durable materials.
We have come as far as we can on our own, and now we would love your support so we can:
- Meet Minimum Order Requirements for Colors and Sizes by our various Manufacturers to take this from prototype to reality!
- Meet the Significant Mold Costs for the custom "Hook and Handle"
- Provide more Colors and Products to you!
- Produce Ongoing Development of The Undress for future generations
- Continued Patents and Trademark protection
- Buy us some lunch cause we've been working for months and we're starving! :)
Now’s your chance to be the FIRST to own the world’s most convenient changing system!
Reasons to support us on Kickstarter today:
- You’ll be one of the first to own The Undress! It goes without saying, but this product has never been seen before and there is nothing else like it on the market today. You will be among the first in the world to own one! Some of our current colors may be exclusive to this Kickstarter campaign and never offered again!
- You’ll save money! After our campaign ends, the Undress will retail for $75 -- not including shipping. The current $69 price ($89, if you’re international) already includes shipping within the United States!
- Kickstarter Perks! You have a chance to receive exclusive gifts that will only be available to our Kickstarter backers!
- You will be a part of our Founders Family- You will be added to the list of glorious backers in our Founders Family section of our website for all to see in perpetuity, and have access to exclusive discounts.
- You want more, and we want to deliver! Many of you have asked for kids’ sizes and a men’s version of the Undress. We would love to be able to help everyone change clothes when they want to, but we need your help!
- Your pledges fund further development for new products! Share in the Journey - After the Kickstarter Campaign is over on November 1, we will continue to send our backers exclusive email updates from the company that YOU helped build!
- You’ll help us continue our Undress journey! Now we need your pledge to ensure that we have enough funds to respond to numerous requests for domestic and international distribution, have live inventory (which cost $20,000+), and design an amazing website and online store. Your pledge can make The Undress a worldwide success!
Our team is comprised of an amazing group of people that absolutely love this project and are dedicated to making The Undress become a reality. We don't just work together, we are close friends and the love we have for each other permeates in everything we do.
Dennis and April are highly involved in the endurance sports community of San Diego, being members of different clubs and organizations such as San Diego Running, Tri Club San Diego and San Diego Bicycle Club to name a few.
The Undress team also volunteers and organizers many endurance sport related charity events, in particular The Hammer Festival, which has raised thousands of dollars for charity over the years. Beneficiaries include American Liver Foundation, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, and Challenged Athletes Foundation.
We love endurance sports, and The Undress is a reflection of this passion.
- Dennis Caco - Inventor and Founder, SBA Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- April Estrada - Co-Founder, Product Manager
- Ximena Valero - Production Manager, Fashionista Extraordinaire
- Jolene McDonough - Operations Manager
- Nikki Jimenez - Public Relations and Media
- Joann Jack - Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (FIDM)
- Kaitee Tyner - Social Media
- Justine Dolorfino - Marketing Manager
- Marat Zabelinskiy- Customer Service Systems
- Linda Nguyen - Linda Moo Photography
- Andrew Lane - Web Design & Social
- Dara Navasak - Panda Feet productions / Videography
- Monique Ramos - Model Coordinator
- Dehnis Delacruz - Videography
- Ben Arena - Mr. Money Bags
- Jeremiah Gardner - Strategy, Author of The Lean Brand
- Katie Valleau - Valleau Apparel, Mentorship
Special Thanks for the Support:
- Rene & Ruben Banuelos and the team at 22Social.com
- Amber Brandner and Brian Hawkins at Crowd FundUP
- Peter McConnell and Joe Moreno and the gang at 3rd Space
- Ari Hoffman & Dustin Bradley at 1 Million Cups
Special Thank you to our Friends and Family:
Dennis: Thank you to my Wife, and still-in-womb Son (who is due in Feb!) Mom, Dad, Mom #2, Dad #2, and Joann, Allan, and Eric.
April: Thank you to my mom for sewing all of the initial prototypes for us and for your amazing contribution to the development of The Undress. Thank you to my sister Stephanie for your help and guidance from a fashion designer's perspective! Thank you to my dad for your amazing support and excitement throughout the entire process. Thank you to my friends Linda, Dara, and Victor for all your help and for always being up to lend a hand. Thank you to our amazing team for helping us create this dream into a reality! And of course thank you to my boyfriend Dehnis for your encouragement, support, love and appreciation from the very beginning! I love and appreciate you all so much!
We welcome YOU to be a part of our team!
The Undress Founders Family (TUFF) is a group that you can only join by pledging at least $5 on Kickstarter, and this will not be offered ever again. We have a current emailing list, but the Founders Family will have their own EXCLUSIVE email list. We plan to use TUFF as a soundboard on all projects and products in the future. What does that mean? Impressive discounts on future gear, and a line of communication with you so we can make The Undress better, together, for future generations.
TO PLEDGE, CLICK ON THE GREEN "BACK THIS PROJECT" BUTTON AT TOP OF PAGE. THANK YOU!
Risks and challenges
We have done our homework, so the risks are very minimal. We have manufacturing ready, and will be able to ship within 90 days of successful project funding. Yay!
Our team has more than 20 years of apparel manufacturing experience for other brands, so rest assured this project is not an "experiment."
Since these are prototypes, the final production items may differ slightly from what is shown. In particular, we are developing the best version of the Hook and Handle, and if anyone has built a simple plastic piece knows- it's an expensive and involved process requiring 3D modeling, molds and more.
T-shirt and Shawl shown/described are also prototypes and the designs will be finalized prior to campaign completion. We will keep you updated so you are in the loop!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (39 days)