Men of Science Fiction by Dennys Ilic
Sci-fi actors uniquely showcased in the eagerly anticipated, stunning photo-book
I must say I am more than excited to be Kickstarting my project to create a beautiful showcase book of photographs, featuring the exceptional male talent on our TV and cinema screens. This is a book that I ultimately wanted, for many years to produce for myself and thanks to Kickstarter, not only will I be able to share it with my fellow fans, you now have an opportunity to be part of its creation!
So what is "Men of Science Fiction?"
Or as it has become known within the creative team - MOSF. Over the years I have been lucky enough to get to know many actors in the world of science fiction as well as other various genres. Some have become close personal friends and, like you, I continue to follow their careers and enjoy the shows that they feature in. As a result I have been able to photograph many of these actors in interesting places the world over and in some cases I’ve done multiple-locations with my favorite guys! For this book I will be drawing from a vast pool of spectacular, never-before-seen images of these photo shoots. The book will also include in-depth descriptive details about each shoot allowing you an insight into the experience of photographing these mad men and some of the crazy situations we found ourselves in, such as; - You will find out how I convinced Niall Matter to strut his stuff on a ledge 300 feet above the ground! And why did I persuade Colin Ferguson to destroy his favourite suit!. You will also see what terrifying lengths I will go to travelling to extraordinary locations.
Who will Create this Fabulous Book?Men of Science Fiction will be produced by the creative team behind the remarkable Amanda Tapping book! My team will bring together our talent and experience for publishing and print production to MOSF and deliver a stunning product that you will enjoy for many years to come. Your support of this campaign will give the creative team the chance to finalize the book-design and print the first volume of the series as well as assist me to photograph the featured actors.
- Robin Lord Taylor (Gotham | The Walking Dead)
- Luke Mitchell (The Tomorrow People | Agents of Shield)
- Callan McAuliffe (I Am Number 4 | Robot Overlords | Homeland)
- Jamie Bamber (Battlestar Galactica)
- Roger Cross (Continuum | The Strain | Dark Matter)
- Manu Bennett (Arrow | The Hobbit | Shannara | Spartacus)
- Aaron Douglas (BSG | Hemlock Grove | The Killing | X-Filies)
- Eddie McClintock (Warehouse 13)
- Stephen Lobo (Continuum)
- Robin Dunne (Sanctuary)
- Peter Shinkoda (Falling Skies | Daredevil | Sanctuary)
- Colin Ferguson (Eureka | Vampire Diaries)
- Dan Feuerriegel (Spartacus)
- Corin Nemec (Stargate | Supernatural | Parker Lewis Can't Loose)
- Joe Flanigan (Stargate: Atlantis)
- James Callis (Battlestar Galactica)
- Ryan Robbins (Falling Skies | Ascension | Warcraft)
- Christopher Heyerdahl (Sanctuary | Hell on Wheels)
- Paul McGillion (Stargate: Atlantis)
- Kristian Nairn (Game of Thrones)
- Callum Keith Rennie (Battlestar Galactica | The Killing | Warcraft)
- Lou Ferrigno (Avengers | The Incredible Hulk)
- Daniel Portman (Game of Thrones)
- Mark Ghanime (Helix | Dark Universe)
- Torrance Coombs (Reign | Eadweard | End Game | The Tudors)
Incentives incentives incentives!
We have pulled out all stops to deliver you incentives that can’t be missed, such as our Sci-Fi Print Bonus with additional 8inch x 10inch photos included for each actor (that’s over $100 extra value). We also have - invitations to the official book-launch in Los Angeles, copies signed by yours truly, me - a special slip case to hold this First Edition and other near-priceless treats. We expect the First Edition will be available for delivery Feb/Mar 2016.
Men of Science Fiction will be a must-have and highly treasured photo-book for any science fiction fan, photography aficionado, and student of the human condition. Don't miss out on having your name printed in our book and join us as we embark on this magical photographic journey!
Risks and challenges
We have worked hard to minimise the risks and challenges associated with this campaign well before the launch. All our photographs are 'in the can' so to speak, although we may sneak in a few more shoots if the opportunities arise! We have our graphic designer on board and are ready to layout the book post campaign success. Our publisher has the printer lined up and ready to go and our writer is champing at the bit to put pen to paper about the great actors in the book. Basically we are ready and given our campaign is a success will be able to deliver a high quality, beautiful book.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (32 days)