About this project
'Make a Mess’ is a highly convivial and mischievous board game to play with family and friends, based on the original comic character ‘Catsass’. Created by French illustrator Claude Combacau, Catsass won a Golden Blog Awards 2015 in the “Best Comic” category. First book to be released in spring 2016 by Planeta (publisher in Spain of the comics Game of Thrones®, Star Wars® and The Walking Dead Chronicles®).
Developed by board game designer Delphin Druelle at Eclosion Games, ‘Make a Mess’ features the comic’s perfectly irreverent cat making an uncontrollable mess in the house – while trying not to get caught.
Support our Kickstarter campaign today to turn ‘Make a Mess’ into reality. This is a game eager to conquer the world with cat craziness. We need YOU to make a mess!
Cats can be crazy: loving and tender one second, then scratching your face the moment after. And that’s the way we love them! Inspired by our feline friends, we’ve decided to go berserk and offer you the choice between 2 different editions, with very distinct flavours:
To have a look at some 'Bite Me B**** edition' illustrations, click here!
The development process included +60 blind playtests and +250 individual playtesters, as well as an unreasonable amount of French wine and cheese.
A HUGE thank you to all of those who have been part of this incredible journey. Thank you for your encouragements to bring this crazy game to life. Our special thanks go to the managers of tabletop game shops who have very kindly hosted all the playtests parties.
Here are the top 5 game features that our playtesters have liked the most:
- The players’ jokes triggered thanks to the Catsass comic art illustrations
- The level of adrenaline which quickly grows exponentially during the game
- The possibility to play tricks at the worst possible time (for the opponent)
- The duration (15min max) which allows for successive games (revenge!)
- The fact that no cat was harmed in the making of this game (only humans)
‘Make a Mess’ is proudly supported by some of the most famous felines in the galaxy!
Discover our very special superstar friends on Instagram: Atchoum, Hana, Katniss T Paw, Oskar & Klaus, Nugget Pancake, Yuri Yuri, Sauerkraut, Richard, Pork, Kitty Pancake, Olive & Rye, Loki, Hobbes, White Coffee, Nala and Milla.
Support our campaign with the hashtag #makeamessgame and help spread the fun!
We are proud to have negotiated for you some outstanding worldwide shipping conditions (with customs fees & VAT). Games delivered to backers in the USA and EU are shipped within those two regions.
Risks and challenges
We’ve prepared our Kickstarter campaign with the objective of making sure that you enjoy ‘Make a Mess’ as soon as possible, with the highest quality standards possible.
The core content (comic art illustrations, rule book, tokens, etc.) is almost fully designed and ready to print. All extended content unlocked with the stretch goals would be created in April, right after the Kickstarter campaign. Time has been planned with the extended team after the campaign, to make sure that all additional content is at the same cutting edge level of product quality as the core content.
Key risks with board game production and delivery generally include printing and shipping delays. To mitigate these risks, we have decided to partner with two leaders in the industry:
- Whatz Games, manufacturer of choice for popular board games such as Fief (Asyncron Games), King of Tokyo (Iello), Shadow of Normandie (Devil Pig Games) and a lot more. Whatz Games has been guiding us with the requirements to create ‘Make a Mess’ with state-of-the-art quality.
- Ideaspatcher, global shipping experts specializing in postal distribution solutions for the USA, Europe and the rest of the world. Leading board game creators currently working with Ideaspatcher include Michael Mindes (TMG: Coin Age, Harbour, Thief’s Market) and Jamey Stegmeier (Stonemaier Games: Scythe, Tuscany, Viticulture).
Thanks to our outstanding production and shipping partners, who have been extremely supportive in helping us plan the best game delivery possible, ‘Make a Mess’ is expected to be delivered to all backers in autumn 2016.
Note: Agreements with external partners may vary after the campaign, to offer backers with an even higher combo of game manufacturing and delivery. If such positive developments occurred, backers would be informed through the Kickstarter campaign updates.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (28 days)