In the Press
If you like wine, you’ll love our one-of-a-kind wine watch. This unique collector's watch tracks much more than time, it tracks wine!
The Décantheure is the perfect gift for the experienced and novice wine lover alike. With a simple twist of the crown, it's easy to track the time necessary to decant any wine and achieve the perfect flavor and aromas. No more good wine gone bad.
Why Decant Wine
The name Décantheure itself comes from the French words decanteur (decanter) + heure (hour).
Decanting is the process of pouring wine from the bottle into another container in order to aerate the wine and separate it from the sediment.
When you decant wine, you vastly improve the taste, aroma, consistency and overall experience of drinking. However, decanting wine can be confusing with so many different grape varieties, some which need to be decanted much longer than others. It’s too easy to ruin your expensive bottle of wine
That’s where the Décantheure comes in.
How It Works
The Décantheure is designed to make it easy for YOU to enjoy the perfect glass of wine. The exterior circle of the watch has 30 popular varieties of wines grouped by how long they should (or shouldn’t) be decanted.
The suggested decanting times on Décantheure is based on an equal amount of science, experience and a love of wine. And as Carveth Read said: "It is better to be vaguely right than exactly wrong!"
Simply set the internal bezel using the crown at the 2H mark and let your wine decant away.
Use the arc and the hour hand to keep track of the decanting time.
You can also use Décantheure to keep track of minutes (e.g. after pouring a glass of wine). Just turn the bezel until the decanting symbol points at the minute hand and read the minutes passed in 5 minute intervals as indicated on the bezel (exactly like a diver’s watch).
Our unique wine watch is classy, compact, sturdy and durable. It is fully automatic, but can be manually wound if desired using the crown at the 4H mark.
The front is made of the highest quality sapphire crystal, the most scratch-resistant watch glass on the market. The back is made of see-through green Champagne bottle glass so you can see the mechanical movements from behind.
The handmade leather strap comes in three sizes. It is available in natural tan color, as well as black and brown. When you back our campaign, you get a black replacement strap FREE of charge (plus, it's red wine stain proof!)
We've sacrificed nothing to make Décantheure the highest quality time + wine piece on the market. It comes with a two year warranty.
- Movement: Seiko NH35 Automatic. This robust Japanese movement is used by a multitude of watch brands (including Seiko) and can, whenever needed, be serviced practically everywhere in the world.
- Case: 316L stainless steel. Brushed silk surface. Case diameter: Ø40.0mm.
Case height: 11.5mm.
- Screw-in back: 316L stainless steel. Brushed silk surface.
- Serial number: Permanently engraved in the case. Format: 18XXX (18 stands for vintage 2018).
- Dual crown system: The crown at 2H rotates the internal bezel. The pull-out crown at 4H adjusts the time and date and manually rewinds the movement if needed.
- Hour and Minute hands: Aluminum-colored with luminescent white markings.
- Second hand: Burgundy Red
- Internal rotating bezel: Black polymer with white pad print. The bezel is kept in place by a gasket so that the bezel is firmly held in place when the crown is not turned.
- Dial: Black with white silk screen print. Luminescent white markings at 3H, 6H, 9H and 12H.
- Front: Clear sapphire glass (100% sapphire glass, the most scratch resistant and exclusive glass available).
- See-through back: Champagne bottle green mineral glass.
- Strap: Nature colored leather strap handmade in Germany with hides tanned in German It can easily be changed for any strap (20mm lug width).
- Replacement strap: Black textile (red wine stain proof)
- Buckle: Stainless steel pin buckle with the the Décantheure logo engraved
- Water resistance: 5atm (50m).
- Packaging: Décantheure will be delivered in an exclusive box with velvet inlay with the Décantheure logo embossed.
The logo combines a nut (horology) with a wine glass (oenology).
All Décantheure watches are engraved with the vintage and production number (as shown). The two first digits show the vintage production year (2018) and the last three digits show the individual production number (XXX). If you would like a specific number or none at all, just let us know.
Time Line for the Project
Risks and challenges
Our team is highly experienced in innovation and manufacturing. We are prepared to mitigate any risks and challenges that may arise.
What are some of the risks and challenges??
We are confident in our product through our strong partnership with our manufacturers of the strap, the movement and assembly. They are very experienced and have made the prototypes shown.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (39 days)