Hello you wonderful bunch. We’ve hit 550% (woo!) and over the last week the project has made significant strides forward. After many hours of playtesting we’ve tentatively determined how many “action cards” each deck should have (all listed below), and we’ve found an incredibly talented artist to make each card all the more spectacular. Below is an example of his work – it’s Galileo Galilei behind bars, for the “crime” of observing and publishing facts that didn’t support his state’s religion (a sad history, indeed). The quality of the design is crystal, but due to Kickstarter's compression it unfortunately won't show.
As of this moment you’ll all be receiving just short of 100 cards per deck, including the following actions cards (the text is not yet permanent):
- x2 Steal: Steal a random card from a player of your choice.
- x3 Discard: Discard one random card from a player of your choice.
- x3 Distract: When a player puts down one or more fallacies, play this card to discard them.
- x3 Rhetoric: Claim one of your opponent’s active fallacy cards as your own.
- x3 Divine Right: Pick a player and name a card. If that player has that card, they must give it to you.
- x2 Blasphemer: a player of your choice must discard as many cards as they have points.
- x2 Resurrect: Revive any card from the discard pile.
- x2 Destroy: Discard a current argument and all applied fallacies.
- x2 Switch: Switch hands with a player of your choice.
- x2 Skip: Make a player of your choice unable to play fallacy cards for two turns.
- x1 Hitchslap (yet to be confirmed): Play this with a fallacy card to instantly debunk the argument and receive all of the played points.
Thank you all again so much for your support <3 I'll post more card designs as and when they're completed.