***UPDATE: We are excited to announce that 10 Syllables will be having our World Premiere in Cannes – we’re a finalist in the Emerging Filmmaker Showcase at the American Pavilion!!!***
I have a voice.
I will be heard
I am a victim – no more.
That's the message that started our journey - and that's the message that has turned our fictional movement into a real one. We're reaching out for your support to help our film reach as many people who need to see it as possible.
The "I" in the phrase has become a “we” and the “no more” became #nomore. By the time we made the film, 528 women had shared their stories with us. Within a year of touring with the multiple award-winning docu-drama, #nomore, that number grew to over 6000 – our fictional movement was transforming into a real one.
When we announced our premiere, we had to relocated to the largest venue in the region to accommodate the 1,483 people that came out to support our 15 minute film. We knew we had created something important – but we had no idea just how profoundly impactful our film would be.
We soon realized that the hashtag and the name, #nomore, no longer belonged to us, it belonged to the brave survivors of sexual assault that had shared their stories with us. Every sound bite in the film was pulled - verbatim - from actual sexual assault cases. Every #nomore message featured in the film was provided from a survivor.
So, we tightened our story, strengthened our messaging and 10 Syllables (un-con-scious / in-tox-i-ca-ted / fe-male) was born.
We are ready to continue shining a light on a dark topic and inspiring tough conversations.
We are proud to be giving a voice to the voiceless.
We are ready to do everything in our power to make sure this film is seen by everyone that would benefit from seeing it.
And that's why we've launched this campaign.
1. You want to support a project with a powerful and timely message. After every-single-screening, our Director ends up in what can only be described as a receiving line. Story after story from survivors are shared, partners thank us, parents ask if we'll be taking the film to schools. Now, more than ever, it's time for our inspiring message to be shared.
2. You want to support independent film, emerging talent and the brave women who were willing to share their stories with us. This film is a celebration of the power of one woman's voice - told by a group of amazing humans. The talent are gifted performers comprised of radio and television personalities, veterans of theater, improvisors and stand-up comics. The crew is made up of hard working and award winning filmmakers, costume designers, art directors, writers and artists. And...our Writer, Director, Executive Producer, Art Director and Costume Designer are all women.
3. You have (insert dollar amount here) hanging around and you occasionally like to be a straight-up HERO. Oh, and you like getting awesome perks: In addition to feeling like a rock-star for helping, we are offering a ton of fun rewards in exchange for your help! Check them out on the right of your screen :)
We understand that there are films that spend 20k just on their marketingHere's a breakdown of how your donations will help our film:
Festival Campaign & Run: $3,000 - Every time we are able to attend a screening at a festival, we have a chance to have a profound impact on an audience in a new new city, state, country or even continent. The cost of submissions and support materials for festivals add up quickly.
Public Relations: $2,500 - We're proud of what we've accomplished on our own, but we owe it to the women who have shared their stories with us to surround ourselves with a team of professionals that can take us to the next level.
Marketing: $1,500 - Our marketing budget will be used to pay for printing materials and placing ads, postcards, flyers and mattress covers for our traveling mattresses.
We're turning to Kickstarter because it is a revolutionary platform that helps people like us transform our vision into reality.
By contributing to our campaign, you are playing an active role in helping to share our message and help give a voice to the voiceless.
Please understand: Kickstarter is an ALL OR NOTHING platform. Meaning - if we don't hit our goal, your credit card doesn't get charged. So we are turning to everyone we can and asking for their support.
We understand if you are unable to make a financial contribution to help us reach our goal - if you'd still like to help out, there are plenty of other ways to do it!
1. Spread the word about our campaign by sharing it on your social media pages! Let your friends, family, co-workers, dog sitter, psychic and your UPS guy know about it and the film! Here's the link:
2. Like us on Facebook and invite your friends and enemies to do the same: https://www.facebook.com/10Syllables
3. Head to our website, and support the people and businesses that supported us. http://www.10Syllables.com
Risks and challenges
Risks & Challenges:
It is actually scientifically impossible to plan for everything :) In fact, in the world of film festivals and marketing, something is guaranteed to go wrong. Our job is to make sure we plan ahead for everything we can. Diligent research, open communication and an amazing team is a great way to get the results you want.
We have been putting everything we can towards this project and have logged countless hours getting it ready. We have an amazing and capable team and can't wait to tackle any issues that may arise.
- (16 days)