About this project
So, part of doing this our way includes a massive amount of work, dedication and sacrifice. We promise that EVERY dollar pledged will go directly into bringing this immersive and frightening world to life. Locations, sets, office staff, grip, crew, the visual effects and insurance are all integral parts of the process that will allow Angelz Landing to break out of our minds and onto the screen.
Read on as we give you a glimpse of what's to come.
SYNOPSIS: Network Producer DEBBIE LEE has had strange dreams her whole life. After her brother and his crew go missing doing a documentary on a utopian town, Angelz Landing, the dreams begin to blur with reality. When she teams up with her boyfriend and an FBI agent to investigate, they discover that everyone in the town is dead and only the eccentric founder, ANDREW THURMAN (Brad Dourif) suspiciously remains. Uncovering a demonic prophecy and realizing the town is where God cast the Angels down from heaven, they ﬁnd themselves inside a real nightmare. As Debbie’s dreams become more prophetic, it also becomes clear that they are part of Mr. Thurman’s sinister plot, which will trigger Armageddon.
THE TOWN: Angelz Landing was founded by Andrew Thurman in 1982 after he completed construction of the SolarBit (an independent power source). Located in a remote area of New Mexico, Angelz Landing was believed to be the precise location where the angels that were cast from heaven landed on Earth. The pristine living conditions coupled with the beautiful landscape and isolated location, make Angelz Landing the most coveted residential community for the rich and famous.
THE NAME: In the forgotten books of Revelations, the symbol “Z” followed the word “angel” to indicate to mortals that angels were godly beings. Since they could appear human, the angels bore the mark “Z” to show that they were not human and were not to be mated with, as to not blur the lines of God and mortal.
TOP BILLED CAST:
Brad Dourif is an American actor who gained early fame for his portrayal of Billy Bibbit in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, and has since appeared in a number of memorable roles. He is best known for his leading role as Charles Lee Ray aka Chucky (both live-action and voiceover) in the Child's Play franchise, Deputy Clinton Pell in Mississippi Burning, Younger Brother in Ragtime, Piter De Vries in David Lynch's Dune, Gríma Wormtongue in The Lord of the Rings and Doc Cochran in the HBO television series Deadwood.
Roy Jones Jr. is an American professional boxer and actor. As a professional, he has captured numerous world titles in the middleweight, super middleweight, light heavyweight and heavyweight divisions. He is the only boxer in history to start his career as a light middleweight (154 lbs) and go on to win a heavyweight title. He is also known for Roy Jones Jr's Greatest Knockouts (2005), HBO: Tarver vs. Jones 3 - No Excuses (2005) and The Matrix Reloaded (2003).
And introducing model turned actress, Mina Lee.
THE COMPANY: DE51, LLC is an independent production company developing and producing the feature film Angelz Landing, a frightening supernatural horror budgeted at $3 million. The filmmaker’s goal is to present a dark, twisted, intelligently scary horror film that places the audience in a sense of fear and anticipation as they follow Debbie to the most beautiful yet most evil place that is, ANGELZ LANDING. The production team includes Director Rob A. Johnson, Writer/Producers Demetrius & Damian Jones, Producer Frank Christian Jr., Ian Stafford, Gino Lusparyan, Assistant Producers Mina Lee, Thomas Wilform, Sohn Jee and Carlos Aleman.
THE MARKET: There has always been a market for well-crafted, psychological horror thrillers dealing with the super natural. Horror-genre films, such as those that bring a sense of reality and relies on characters' fears, guilt, beliefs, eerie sound effects, relevant music, emotional instability and at times, the supernatural and ghosts/demons to build tension to further the plot, have the additional power of attracting a larger initial target audience.
Risks and challenges
The future for independent films continues to look rosy, as their commercial viability has increased steadily over the last decade. The independent market as a whole has expanded dramatically in the last 15 years, with the total domestic box office has increasing 97 percent. Supernatural films such as The Conjuring, Paranormal Activity, Mama, and The Devil Inside are evidence of the strength of this market segment.
The motion picture industry is highly competitive, with much of a ﬁlm’s success often depending on the skill of its distribution strategy. There is an active market for completed motion pictures, with virtually all the independent distributors and studios seeking to acquire ﬁlms. The production team feels that Angelz Landing should be an attractive product in this market and easily ﬁnd worldwide distribution.
• For those of you visiting our set, we anticipate shooting in February in Los Angeles. However, this has the potential to change. We will keep you updated so you can plan ahead to visit us.
• If you become an extra ($1,500 reward) or receive a cast credit ($10,000 reward), you must be a US citizen or have a US work visa, and not be a member of SAG/AFTRA.
• You must be over 18 or accompanied by a parent or legal guardian (who will count as your plus one) to attend the premiere or visit the set. Extras must also be over 18.
• The content of the voice and video messages are at your direction, but at our discretion. We reserve the right to refuse to say or do what you request if we find it inappropriate.
• Some rewards may require additional paperwork. If you are appearing in the film, you will have to sign a release.
• Our final cut of the film may have to be further edited in certain cases to adhere to the laws in the country which it is being viewed, or for different types of media.
• All shooting locations are subject to change for a variety of reasons, including the amount of money we are able to raise and the particular locations giving us the right to shoot.
• This fundraising campaign is all subject to applicable Kickstarter rules/regulations, movie guild rules and applicable law. if any of this conflicts, we will work with you in good faith to give you a substitute reward.
· Kickstarter campaign and rewards fulfillment limited to U.S. and Canada.
· Travel, lodging and transportation to events and set visits not included in any reward bundle .
· Must be over 18 or accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to attend events (premiere, set visit)
· Some rewards may require additional paperwork (to protect us and you)
· Distribution schedule not finalized, but Kickstarter backers at $30 and above will receive a digital version of the film within a few days of the theatrical premiere.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (30 days)