So, part of doing this our way includes a massive amount of work, dedication and sacrifice. We promise that EVERY dollar pledged will go directly into bringing this immersive and frightening world to life. Locations, sets, office staff, grip, crew, the visual effects and insurance are all integral parts of the process that will allow Angelz Landing to break out of our minds and onto the screen.
Read on as we give you a glimpse of what's to come.
SYNOPSIS: Network Producer DEBBIE LEE has had strange dreams her whole life.
After her brother and his crew go missing doing a documentary on a utopian town,
Angelz Landing, the dreams begin to blur with reality. When she teams up with her
boyfriend and an FBI agent to investigate, they discover that everyone in the town is
dead and only the eccentric founder, ANDREW THURMAN (Brad Dourif) suspiciously
remains. Uncovering a demonic prophecy and realizing the town is where God cast
the Angels down from heaven, they ﬁnd themselves inside a real nightmare. As
Debbie’s dreams become more prophetic, it also becomes clear that they are part of Mr.
Thurman’s sinister plot, which will trigger Armageddon.
THE TOWN: Angelz Landing was founded by Andrew Thurman in 1982 after he completed construction of the SolarBit (an independent power source). Located in a remote area of
New Mexico, Angelz Landing was believed to be the precise location where the angels
that were cast from heaven landed on Earth. The pristine living conditions coupled with
the beautiful landscape and isolated location, make Angelz Landing the most coveted
residential community for the rich and famous.
THE NAME: In the forgotten books of Revelations, the symbol “Z” followed the word
“angel” to indicate to mortals that angels were godly beings. Since they could appear
human, the angels bore the mark “Z” to show that they were not human and were not to be mated with, as to not blur the lines of God and mortal.
THE COMPANY: DE51, LLC is an independent production company developing and producing the feature film
Angelz Landing, a frightening supernatural horror budgeted at $3 million. The filmmaker’s
goal is to present a dark, twisted, intelligently scary horror film that places the audience in a
sense of fear and anticipation as they follow Debbie to the most beautiful yet most evil
place that is, ANGELZ LANDING. The production team includes Director Rob
A. Johnson, Writer/Producers Demetrius & Damian Jones, Producer Frank Christian Jr., Ian Stafford, Gino
Lusparyan, Assistant Producers Mina Lee, Thomas Wilform, Sohn Jee and Carlos Aleman.
THE MARKET: There has always been a market for well-crafted, psychological horror thrillers dealing with the super natural. Horror-genre films, such as those that bring a sense of reality and relies on characters' fears, guilt, beliefs, eerie sound effects, relevant music, emotional instability and at times, the supernatural and ghosts/demons to build tension to further the plot, have the additional power of attracting a larger initial target audience.
Risks and challenges
The future for independent films continues to look rosy, as their commercial viability has increased steadily over the last decade. The independent market as a whole has expanded dramatically in the last 15 years, with the total domestic box office has increasing 97 percent. Supernatural films such as The Conjuring, Paranormal Activity, Mama, and The Devil Inside are evidence of the strength of this market segment.
The motion picture industry is highly competitive, with much of a ﬁlm’s success often depending on the skill of its distribution strategy. There is an active market for completed motion pictures, with virtually all the independent distributors and studios seeking to acquire ﬁlms. The production team feels that Angelz Landing should be an attractive product in this market and easily ﬁnd worldwide distribution.
• For those of you visiting our set, we anticipate shooting in February in Los Angeles. However, this has the potential to change. We will keep you updated so you can plan ahead to visit us.
• If you become an extra ($1,500 reward) or receive a cast credit ($10,000 reward), you must be a US citizen or have a US work visa, and not be a member of SAG/AFTRA.
• You must be over 18 or accompanied by a parent or legal guardian (who will count as your plus one) to attend the premiere or visit the set. Extras must also be over 18.
• The content of the voice and video messages are at your direction, but at our discretion. We reserve the right to refuse to say or do what you request if we find it inappropriate.
• Some rewards may require additional paperwork. If you are appearing in the film, you will have to sign a release.
• Our final cut of the film may have to be further edited in certain cases to adhere to the laws in the country which it is being viewed, or for different types of media.
• All shooting locations are subject to change for a variety of reasons, including the amount of money we are able to raise and the particular locations giving us the right to shoot.
• This fundraising campaign is all subject to applicable Kickstarter rules/regulations, movie guild rules and applicable law. if any of this conflicts, we will work with you in good faith to give you a substitute reward.
· Kickstarter campaign and rewards fulfillment limited to U.S. and Canada.
· Travel, lodging and transportation to events and set visits not included in any reward bundle .
· Must be over 18 or accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to attend events (premiere, set visit)
· Some rewards may require additional paperwork (to protect us and you)
· Distribution schedule not finalized, but Kickstarter backers at $30 and above will receive a digital version of the film within a few days of the theatrical premiere.
Everything above, and we will have a cast member of your choice record a 15 second greeting for use as your voicemail greeting, film project, school project, or whatever. As long as it's creepy and in good taste. The actors have to be comfy with what they're saying. Will be delivered as an mp3.
Two tickets to the Angelz Landing red carpet premiere in Los Angeles with cast and crew in attendance. Also, a special thanks in the final credits of the film. Plus everything in the $150 or more reward package. (Travel and lodging not included).
Two tickets to the Angelz Landing red carpet premiere in Los Angeles with cast and crew in attendance, two tickets to the official after party, plus everything in the $150 or more reward package. (Travel and lodging not included).
Two featured Background Extra roles, two tickets to the official Angelz Landing premiere in Los Angeles, two tickets to the official after party, plus everything in the $200 or more reward package. (Travel and lodging not included).
Everything in the $600 or more reward package, plus we will rent out a theater in or near your home town to hold a private screening for up to 50 guests! (We will do our best to schedule the screening BEFORE the theatrical premiere).
Everything in the $1,000 or more reward package, plus attendance for two to a special director's screening with a Q&A including Robert A. Johnson, Brad Dourif, Mete and Blue Jones, and a few other DE51 team members.