Small World Reboot
The last 10 days have been interesting. We passed the midway point toward our initial goal; and if we didn’t change anything, we believe we’d successfully fund this campaign. Whether we’d hit our $300,000 Android stretch goal is more in question...
BUT, it’s clear that our campaign was messy and confusing, leaving many people out and disappointing others.
- Making the goal of the campaign the funding of a new ipad version we had already decided to do was wrong.
- Having Android as a stretch goal was a mistake. We underestimated people’s reluctance to fund a platform that might not happen.
- Making the designer edition the centerpiece of the campaign’s rewards left people wondering “whether we were trying to fund the software or the Designer Edition?”
So we’ve come to the conclusion... It’s time for a re-boot.
What does that mean?
- Tonight (Thursday January 24) at midnight EST, we will cancel this campaign.
- We will immediately go back to the drawing board to create a new campaign, that will launch in mid-March.
- This new campaign will focus on a single goal: funding an Android tablets and Steam PC version of Small World 2.
In the meantime, we will continue to read comments and post updates on this page after the campaign is cancelled. We want to hear what you - backers and critics alike - have to say.
With your input, we’re confident our next campaign can be a success for all!
The Humbled Trolls of Small World
P.S. Don’t worry, the Designer Edition won’t disappear. We are thinking of a new way to offer it to people more simply.