Hello! My name is Dawn and I am a natural science illustrator in Richmond, Virginia.
About a year ago I stumbled upon The Deck of Many Things during a D&D campaign. This deck is a wondrous item in Dungeons & Dragons that contains 22 cards, each of which have a magical effect on the player. To use the Deck of Many Things the player must declare the number of cards they wish to draw, then randomly draw their cards and let fate take the wheel.
This deck really sparked my imagination, leading me to start drawing my own cards. For the past year the Flora & Fauna Deck of Many Things has become my passion project. I wanted to create artwork that marries the magic of the fantasy world with natural science illustration. The artwork is completed, and I would love your help in bringing The Flora & Fauna Deck of Many Things to life!
DECK ADD-ON (+$20)
You can purchase additional Decks for your pledge by adjusting your pledge amount under the 'Manage your Pledge' Page. Add $20 for every additional Deck you wish to purchase.
If you do purchase an add-on please message me directly so I can make a note of the add-on on your pledge!
PRINTS OF YOUR CHOICE
Tiers 3-6 allow you to choose the card you are getting a print of. If the campaign meets its funding goal you will receive a Kickstarter rewards survey, which is where you will specify which print you would like. You can see all 22 cards in the first three images on this page!
For the physical Flora & Fauna Deck of Many Things I am partnering with PrintNinja to ensure the highest quality project possible. I also have trusted manufacturers lined up for the pins and art prints.
The majority of the funding will go towards the manufacturing costs, the rest will go towards packaging costs and Kickstarter fees.
Below are important things to note in regards to shipping The Deck & any other reward items to you:
- FREE SHIPPING IS INCLUDED FOR ALL US ORDERS. All orders will be sent First-Class via USPS.
- ANY INTERNATIONAL ORDERS FROM OUTSIDE THE US INCLUDE A SHIPPING FEE. The fee charged at checkout includes shipping and nothing more. Any insurance, import/customs fees, taxes, etc. are your responsibility.
- PROVIDE A VALID EMAIL. Reward surveys will be sent out at the completion of the campaign, so the sooner you respond with your address and preferences the sooner your reward can be mailed out to you.
- PROVIDE AN UP-TO-DATE ADRESS ON THE SURVEY. Please ensure that you provide the correct address on your backer survey, including your first and last name. An incorrect address can lead to shipping errors.
- MAKE SURE YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION IS CURRENT.
- STAY UPDATED. I will be posting any and all progress information on this page, including proofs and shipping updates!
Social Media Links:
To see more artwork and my process check out my website and Instagram!
Risks and challenges
One of the biggest challenges will be getting everything to you in a timely manner. I have everything ready for production and am in active communication with my manufacturers. In order to ensure the highest quality products I have slatted my shipping date for December 2019. That way I will have time to get proofs made, fix any manufacturing errors, and have items packaged & shipped.
I am a one-woman team so your patience is greatly appreciated! I will be completely transparent, posting periodical updates as this project progresses.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)