Stretch Goal #4 unlocked! Updated achievements & Cosmic skill focus
It's that time of the week again... with 16 achievements cleared, we've unlocked our 4th stretch goal!
Realm of Chaos Expansion
Four new cards have been added to the Realm of Chaos: one Event (Pandemonium) and three Distortions (Fatigue, Essence Shift and Acceleration.)
Event — Pandemonium: No other card embodies the theme of chaos the way Pandemonium does! When drawn, this Event forces players to shuffle their cards from their hand together and draw a new set from the shuffled cards, essentially randomizing everyone's hands with cards from other players.
Distortion — Fatigue: This Distortion changes the state of the battlefield, causing all Health regeneration effects to fail as long as it's active.
Distortion — Essence Shift: This Distortion ups the ante on player killing! All players must place a Shard on the card, and the next player to kill any other player wins the entire pot.
Distortion — Acceleration: Causes the next monster to grow more durable... but also increases their kill reward!
A quick change has been made to the Achievement chart. The Instagram selfies achievements have been replaced with Number of campaign shares on Facebook.
Because of this late adjustment, you all get a head-start with the first tier of 250 shares unlocked! We're currently at 480+ shares, and you can check this by searching "Endogenesis Kickstarter" on Facebook, under "Links." The easiest way to bump this number is by using the Facebook Share icon on the campaign page:
Introduction to Skill Category Focus
Out of all the components that make up Endogenesis, the most important of which are Skill cards. Players equip Skills to define the abilities and play styles of their characters, and then use them as a primary method of interacting with other players and monsters that appear from the Realm of Chaos.
For this and the next couple of updates, we'll be taking a closer look at the different Skill categories that exist in the Realm of Knowledge, and talk about their identities and play styles. We'll start off with the Cosmic class for this update:
Skill Category Focus: Cosmic
"Like a weave of black upon the darkest blues and stacked upon shades indiscernible by the simple eye, creation, it seemed, was less a circle of life, but a sphere of intangible material, layers upon layers of creation, the beauty of lying on the vastness of a canvas cosmic." - Description of the Cosmic plane, from the Origins of Endogenesis
Cosmic skills are themed on multi-target damage and monster slaying. Ideal for newer players, or those looking for a more straightforward play style. Of the 8 Skills, two are defensive, and both Ultimates are abilities that focus on heavy amounts of multi-target damage.
- Able to deal multi-target damage, which is great for multiple takedowns when the situation allows for it.
- Bonuses against attacking monsters provides a more direct way to pursue your victory condition.
- Built to be all-around balanced, great for newer players.
- Lacks single target burst damage that's generally required to take down a significantly stronger player.
- Being forced to hit multiple targets means sometimes triggering Reaction abilities that might disrupt your plays.
- Class acquisition bonus of drawing 2 Wonder cards isn't always useful, as some Wonders are only strong during the early game.
1. Pulsar + Nova + Extinction: With this combination, you are the ultimate Monster slayer. Start by using Nova to see how much damage you roll. Then, follow up with Pulsar further soften the Monster, and then end with Extinction to take advantage of the Shard bonus gained from killing Monsters. With each Skill gaining bonus damage versus Monsters, few Monsters will be able to survive this combo.
2. Dark Matter + Warp: During the late game, this combination can be used to practically delete a single enemy regardless of how high their Health is. At its highest level, Dark Matter deals damage equal to 50% of each enemy's health with no limits, which is incredibly powerful by itself. By using Warp right after, you can redirect this damage dealt to a Monster to another Player, or from a Player to the Monster, allowing you to stack the effects of Dark Matter twice on a single enemy!
That's all for the Cosmic Skill Category! If you've any questions, just let me know in the comments below. We'll be covering the Organic Skill Category for the next update, and I hope to have some news to share regarding solo/co-op mode soon, so stay tuned!