Stretch Goal #3 unlocked & what I'm working on
Good evening, seekers of godhood. I have a question; is there no stopping you? Because we're only two days into the campaign, and yet you've already exceeded all my expectations and more! Here's where we're at now:
We're at 700%+ funded with 600+ backers.
- We've not only cleared 13 Achievements, but we've absolutely destroyed the funding-based Achievements, with the final one knocked out earlier today.
- We've unlocked 3 stretch goals so far.
That's absolutely, postively, mind-bloggingly insane. I can't thank you all enough!
And now, on to the good stuff, our 3rd stretch goal! (unlocked at 10+ achievements)
Realm of Knowledge Expansion
Two new Artifacts have been added to the Realm of Knowledge deck: Titan's Heart and Alder Sap.
Artifacts serve as an alternate source of Energy in Endogenesis, and these new additions are no different. Both Artifacts offer a huge amount of bonus energy... but only if you can fulfill their very specific conditions. This allows for deeper tactical play, and forces you to plan your action order carefully in order to optimize your turns!
We've released the next tier of achievements across the board!
- Final Achievement for # of Backers: 1000
- 2nd Achievement for # of Facebook likes: 700
- 4th Achievement for # of BGG fans: 125
In other news, the Early Bird tier is just a little over an hour away from closing! Big thanks to all you early adopters for hopping on!
What I'm working on
These last 48 hours have been absolutely mindblowing. To be honest, during the planning phase of my campaign, most of my projections and prep work were made with a success target of between 100% to 450%. The idea of even exceeding 500% seemed so out of reach to me, so I didn't spend as much time as I should have preparing for that outcome. But that's NOT to say that there are any problems now that we're well into 700%+ — rather, it has potentially opened up new doors and opportunities, and I feel very inclined to explore them.
As far as challenges goes, this is a very, very happy and exciting one to have, and I really want to thank you all for your faith and trust. So going forward, here's what I'll be working on.
1. A POSSIBLE new stretch goal — With the funding goal having reached new heights, I want to be able to offer more to each of you, so this is something I'm looking into. But before going on, I want to state that I'm going to be VERY cautious with this. Given that this is my first solo campaign, the last thing I want to do is overreach and end up compromising other aspects of the project, such as delays in delivery or even worse, asking for more money in future. So I can't make any promises on whether or not there'll be a new stretch goal, but what I can promise is that if there is one, it will be very carefully implemented with the utmost confidence that I can deliver.
Regarding what the possible goal will consist of, I've been given a lot of brilliant ideas, thanks to all of you! Two suggestions that I really like are: special printing effects for certain cards (suggested by backer Ming Wong), and player mats (suggested by backer paxton73). I'm currently considering giving the Class cards a foil effect, which I think will make them stand out a lot more. As for player mats, I actually have a version of them designed for the Tabletopia demo of the game, check it out:
Having player boards would be downright awesome, but I foresee cost to be a potentially major issue if I were to include 5 of them into the current version of the game. That said, this is something I'll still look into, so stay tuned.
2. Retailer pledges — Retailers were only going to be a consideration after the project hit 400% funding, which happened so incredibly fast I barely had time to react! As such, for retailers out there, I ask that you please be patient — I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
3. Solo mode — The question of the day! For now, my answer is this: a solo mode is something I'll be interested in working on after the campaign. I had briefly tested with a solo variant ruleset a couple of months back, and it'll probably serve as the basis if a solo mode comes to life. If so, it'll likely exist as an extension to the rulebook, with no added components required. But because this will be worked on after the campaign, this means I can't promise anything while the Kickstarter is live, so it cannot be something to sway your decision in backing the campaign.
That's all for now! Until next time, know that I'm incredibly grateful for all your feedback and participation — I hope it shows.