Fantasy fiction delivered as the narrative history of a god, who has for centuries lost all patience with his small part of the world. The schemes of humans though... Well, left unchecked they get into all sorts of trouble and beings far more powerful than he have started to take note.
Three states compete for dominance over the continent of Lathania. A Republic hopelessly overextended, a Kingdom under invasion and an Empire in name only.
Kings are made and princesses forced to flee. Emperors plot expansion while a Consul plays games in the desert.
This is Lathania. A damned mess as far as our narrator is concerned. Worse, his brother is on the way with designs of his own.
The schemes of gods and men throw reluctant heros into a battle for survival as the world descends into chaos. Their struggle...
Better that you see for yourself.
- At this moment the manuscript is going through its second proofing and will be available in both electronic, paperback and hardcover by June 2018.
- Cover art is complete.
- Story boards for book 2 and 3 are finished with a clear path to conclusion of the "Empire of Gods" saga in book 5.
- Book 2 is being written now with a goal to publish this year.
- The Wiki is being populated with additional information about the characters, organisations and wider "God's of Empire" universe. More artwork is needed for this however.
The Kickstarter funding will be invested in the following:
- Produce better looking charts and maps for the series.
- Coordinate the character sketches and artwork to give the series a unique artistic style.
- Bring the already completed manuscript of Book 1 to fantasy readers worldwide.
- Produce and Publish an audio version of Book 1 on Audible.
- Finish the drafting of Book 2 with a dedicated period of writing for six months.
- Create a graphic novel for the fantasy universe.
Funding of £900 is enough to publish book 1 in paperback and audio editions with accompanying artwork for the world and characters. I have set this as the funding goal because it is the minimum amount needed to make this project a reality and bring the series to readers.
With the support of the Kickstarter and Fantasy readers communities, I also have plans to bring the "God's of Empire" universe to a series of graphic novels. A funding level of £8,000 is needed to make the graphic novel happen.
Any additional funding would be of huge help and will be directly invested into developing the series, the wider universe and bringing the next four books more quickly to readers.
- All book 1 rewards will be issued to backers in June 2018.
- Book 2, 3, 4 and 5 will be issued as they are released.
- The Audible version of book 1 will be sent out in September 2018.
- The Ravens of Carrid graphic novel will be published in November 2018 should we reach the stretch funding goal.
David Black travels the world working on his projects. He's currently living and writing in a small, beautiful valley in northern Thailand.
David's first book "The 21st Century Emperor", focused on ideas of freedom and financial independence, through technology and modern business.
The Ravens of Carrid Tower is his first step into fantasy and brings readers to a new world of magic and intrigue, machiavellian gods and scheming rulers.
He wanted to tell a story about reluctant heros with their own faults and vices who faced with chaos must fight for survival on a continent torn apart by the ambitions of men and ascendants.
#fantasy #gameofthrones #epicfantasy #scifi #scififantasy #machiavelli #fantasybooks #epicfantasy #books #magic #graphicnovel #audiobook #novel #fantasynovel
The book has been featured on Kicking it Forward - http://kickingitforward.org
Risks and challenges
Book 1 is already complete, so there will be no delays in sending both the electronic and printed copies of the books.
The bonus copies of Book 2 and 3 will be issued to all eligible supporters as fast as possible after each is released. Book 1 will be issued immediately upon printing in early July 2018
Signed artwork and books will be issued a few days after the standard rewards as they need to be sent to my location first to hand sign, number and date.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)