Lets keep the iPhone 5 thin and double our battery life • Plus a Solar Case for your iPad 4, Mini or Nexus 7 • Kudo Glide Bank & Sol Read more
Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator on April 21, 2013.
About this project
We canceled this Kickstarter campaign but moved forward with the production of these products! Finished versions for this new concept of an iPhone 5 Battery Case and the Solar and Power Bank Nexus 7, iPad mini and iPad 4 Battery Cases will be available at www.KudoCase.com.
This Kickstarter is for many awesome ways to extend your Battery life!
The iPhone goes into the CAGE, which fits into the GLIDE, which can connect to the SOL, which is holding the iPad and then you're charging everything with the sun!!! That's Kudo!
What's the KudoGlide?
Thin Protective iPhone 5 Case
+ Charging Cable
+ Removable Belt Clip
+ Power Bank
+ Sync capability
+ Innovative Design And now you've got the KudoGlide!
(Early Prototype Images)
The KudoGlide is a brand new concept for the iPhone 5. Let's face it, we all want more battery life to the iPhone BUT, most of us don't want to double the size and weight of the phone. Yuck! With that simple knowledge in mind, after filing a patent we developed the KudoGlide. The KudoGlide MORE THAN DOUBLES the use of your iPhone 5 battery. It does this while keeping your iPhone 5 ultra slim and trim the way Apple intended.
How? We put the battery in the pouch instead of the case! To be safe it comes with the KudoCage; a case to protect the iPhone while it's out of the pouch which is uniquely designed to protect it without all the weight. Plus, no more carrying around cables because ours is simply built right in. All this AND it syncs too!
This is an iPhone 5 Battery Case that is a new concept to more than double the iPhone battery and keep the phone slim and trim!
KudoGlide has a 2,500mAh battery.
iPhone 5 has a 1,440mAh battery.
1,440 + 2,500 = 3,940mAh of iPhone talk, game, and internet use!
The KudoSol - Solar Case for iPad 4, iPad Mini & Nexus 7
What's the KudoSol?
Beautiful protective iPad Case
+ Solar Panel
+ iPad Charger
+ Backup Battery
+ Built-in Cable
+ Keyboard Stand
+ Movie Stand
+ Smart Cover
+ Power Bank
+ Sync capability
+ Phone / KudoGlide Charger And now you've got the KudoSol!
The KudoSol is similar to the LilyPad we did a year ago here on Kickstarter. Over the last year we did everything possible to make it lighter, better, and even brought the cost down in the process!
The KudoSol for the iPad 4, iPad Mini and the Nexus 7 will convert solar energy into usable power to charge your tablet! We have made significant improvements:
1 minute of sun =
40 seconds of iPad Mini use
40 seconds of Nexus 7 use
30 seconds of iPad 4 (with retina) use
Math is evil, what does this stuff mean? Well, for example three hours of sun will give you two hours of iPad mini use and play time!
Wherever there is light the Kudo battery is charging and storing energy to power the iPad when needed. The KudoSol uses proprietary technology to monitor the I-V curve, a technique called Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT). This delivers the maximum amount of power possible from the KudoSol solar panel to the tablet or phone. Even on a cloudy day, it's still generating power in your hands.
Leave it in your windowsill while you're at work and you'll have charged hours of use when you get home. Take it on vacation and you won't need the extra cables. Simply put, forget the wires and power by light!
The KudoSol also has a 5,000mAh battery backup built into the case to store extra energy. It has a keyboard and movie stand position and there is a USB port to power your phone off the solar case. The charging cable is built-in as well so it's never lost, and it SYNCs your iPad too!
Charge your phone off the KudoSol, or power your KudoGlide AND phone!
Finally, the KudoBank.
In case you live somewhere without a lot of sun shining, the KudoBank has all the same features as the KudoSol, just no solar.
This is the Best iPad 4 and iPad mini Power Bank Case. Need extra battery power but don't want to carry around any extra batteries, then the KudoBank is a great solution. The battery is built into the case, it keeps the iPad charged and has a USB power out to charge your phone on the go as well! Available as a Power Bank Charging Case for the Nexus 7 and for the iPad mini, iPad 4, and iPad 2/3!
Now we're just finishing up the packaging.
Risks and challenges
We KNOW the challenges involved. If you have seen what we went through last year with the LilyPad (successfully manufactured and funded here on Kickstarter, which later became the KudoCase) then well, let's just say eventually I'll write a book about all those headaches.
Over the last two years we have used our resources to find some of the best suppliers and factories to build these products and we've put together a great team to execute this project. However, no matter how good everyone is there are ALWAYS headaches and roadblocks with the first production run of anything, especially when it's unique and complex. Fortunately we now have a lot of experience with this, but here are the risks we foresee:
Lightning Pins: We need to procure the lightning pins from Apple, which means it has to be Apple certified. We already started that painstaking process in November. It is rigorous, but we've done it before and will do it again. Once we are certified we can go into production, which should be late March, early April. However, if the lightning pins are on backorder from Apple we will have to adjust out anticipated delivery.
Chinese New Year: Everything in Asia is shut down basically for the month of February in observance of their holiday. Some times, to put it simply, many of the employees decide not to come back to the factories, which slows everything down further. We have made every effort to account for this, but there is always a chance it could be worse than we expected.
Tooling: The tooling (mould for the products) has already been started and should be done by the first few days of February. Sometimes the tooling doesn't turn out perfect and a lot of time needs to be spent to fix it.
Manufacturing: I won't say making a prototype is easy, but it is a whole different story between making a prototype and setting up an assembly line. Sometimes things just don't fit and you have to create new plans to find solutions. Manufacturing will ALWAYS have problems, and that's coming from an optimistic guy, it's simply true. We now have years of experience with this and will do everything to avoid or quickly resolve issues along the way.
I would say there is a 10% chance of everything being ready late April; about a 60% chance some time in May, and unfortunately a 30% chance for June, anything can happen to delay. I will keep in contact with all the backers throughout the process, posting updates and videos of production to keep you in the loop. It's a ride, and we welcome you along the journey!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
KudoGlide - 2,500mAh • KudoBank - 5,000mAh • KudoSol - 5,000mAh • All of which use an ultra-thin Li-Polymar cell.
- (59 days)