If Audrey Hepburn started a magazine it would be Darling.
Darling Magazine is set on redefining femininity; challenging unrealistic ideals women are held to, and providing deeper wisdom and advice to women who long for more in life. Since launching DarlingMagazine.org online 6 months ago we have seen over 30,000 different visitors and counting.
Here's what two online subscribers say about Darling:
"I've been affected by the overwhelming sense that I'm not beautiful, intelligent or worth a second look for most of my life. Imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon your uplifting and truth-filled website! THANK YOU!"
"Very encouraging for me at any time of the day whether I am feeling happy, sad and everything in between."
We need your help to create our first print issue of Darling so this life-changing message can be in the hands of women everywhere.
We also need money to fund our OWN photo shoots that capture women of diverse sizes and ethnicities fairly. We also are committed to a simple philosophy when editing photos--not using tools to re-shape, distort, or change a woman's appearance--only adjusting lighting and other artistic aspects of photos unrelated to the woman. We wish to see women as they truly are, and hope you do too.
Think print is dead? Anthropologie disagrees; click here to read their thoughts
What Makes Darling Different?
- First, many publications fan the flame by presenting unattainable beauty and a barrage of messages about thinness…Darling challenges the exaggerated importance of these “ideals,” and claims that beauty resides in every woman—believing in being “fit,” yet seeing “thin” in context of the “healthiest version of you.”
- Second, media often over-sexualizes women in advertising and editorial content, degrading them to a thing to be objectified…Darling promotes respect for women’s bodies in fashion and photography, seeing modesty plus savvy fashion sense as “sexy.” While most magazines offer highly expensive fashion “must haves,” we see developing personal fashion sense as more important than breaking the bank trying to “keep up.”
- Third, with women dealing with real life issues, many magazines' advice is often shallow--encouraging coping behaviors, and exploiting mistakes of celebrities as a way to help women feel better about their own lives…Darling sees gossip as a vice that only leaves women wanting; instead, we give time-tested wisdom and deep advice for lasting change--also believing that pursuing spirituality and a life connected to God is the key to personal growth, living well, and loving others.
- Lastly, with morals and manners clearly on the decline in society...Darling wants to bring back etiquette, character and integrity, also focusing on increasing self-worth through living in more respect of your soul and body. As women rise up and raise the bar for themselves, men will also be lifted up, creating a new revolution that truly changes culture.
About the Print Magazine
Darling's first print issue will be a breath of fresh air. We will bring you deep, meaningful content about every element of your life. It will be free of cluttered layouts and screaming headlines. Best of all, thanks to your support, it will be 100% advertisement free along with:
- 120 pages of articles and photos
- High-quality paper and a heavier, book-like cover
- 9 exclusive photoshoots from several renowned photographers
- Over 30 original articles exploring our 8 personas
Comments From Our Readers
"I am a high school teacher and your target audience needs this type of media! Thank you for creating such a platform!"
"Reading darling articles makes me feel proud of who i am :)"
"Women today are desperately in need of the kind of wholesome message you provide. Thank you!"
"One of my nagging concerns has always been that no publication exists which I truly believe in. Upon finding your magazine, though, I've been indescribably encouraged and inspired by your team's insight and words of wisdom. I sincerely admire your honesty, beauty, and humble candor."
"Best mag I've read ever for women!!! Love the mission statement and what you are aiming to do. It's fantastic."
"Love what you are doing. My passion is to encourage women too. Your magazine and articles are just what is needed in this world."
"What a treasure to find you! i'm totally on board with your mission/vision and would love to take part in the journey!"
"You guys are amazing! I read the article about skinny vs healthy and I have never felt more proud of my body. (: Keep being awesome."
"Great minds, great ideas, great site...So excited. I'm 100% behind every sentence on your website!"
"Wonderful and Brilliant! Love this, and will be passing this website."
"I'm in Australia but finally had a chance to sit down and check out your amazing magazine. How wonderful is it? I love it. My book club friends will ADORE this. We just read 'Think' by Lisa Bloom and it's all about not reading trash tabloids, being involved in your community and having a more fulfilled and accountable life. Exactly what your magazine is. I am going to tweet and facebook about it your mag."
"I think that you have a unique opportunity and forum to encourage women to embrace all that God has planned for them. Go or it!"
"I think what you ladies are doing is amazing! Women definitely need this kind of encouragement and inspiration that you provide."
Mission Statement Tote (this could be yours for $40 and up)
- (30 days)