Wall Street Titan - Giant Robot Demolishes Wall Street!
Robo-stomp evil suits & squash them before they escape! Occupy Wall Street as judge, jury, and squashecutioner! iOS & Android
Coming to iPhone, iPad and Android phones & tablets!
New exclusive gameplay preview from 1Life2Play!
"Makes tapping on the iPad fun again!" Larry Braz of 1Life2Play
"This game reinvents smash 'em up! GREAT stress reliever." Spanish of 1Life2Play
"...something different, quirky, perhaps even rebellious..." Chris Priestman of Indie Game Magazine
Wall Street Titan is a first person smash 'em up game of destruction and mayhem. You are a giant robot that's been hacked by those you were programmed to destroy. Robo-stomp the greedy evil suits that built you, squashing them before they escape! Crush cars, collect coins, and cause carnage as judge, jury, and squashecutioner.
Grab a Highly Explosive Hatchback, toss it into a limo, and watch a chain reaction of ruination unfold, pixel bodies of the Wall Street banker baddies blasted to oblivion. Wield the power of the 99% in your finger and occupy Wall Street in a whole new way!
What the heck does this have to do with Occupy Wall Street?
The core game is a stress reliever for the 99% - a way to vent your frustration with "the man" and feel powerful by squashing the evil Wall Street bankers under your finger, as so many of us are under their thumbs.
The game is also a platform for raising awareness about the economic, social, and political crises the world is facing right now. We strive to be strictly informational, as we feel everyone is intelligent enough to form their own opinions. What we are fighting is ignorance and apathy.
Help make a difference!
Dark Tonic is an indie game studio startup with a small team of seasoned developers committed to creating kickass games and building not only a great place to work, but a business committed to strong core values and a culture of good.
Eric Boosman, Creative Director. Eric's love affair with video games goes back to playing his first game of Pong as a toddler. A lifelong voracious gamer, he has sought to create new game experiences even as a young child drawing mazes to share, later writing and running original D&D campaigns, making a sprite based racing game using Logo on a TRS-80, and even writing new game mechanics at 12 years old, creating "Skate Duel", a combat skateboarding tabletop game that was a complement to Steve Jackson's Car Wars.
Eric's professional game development career began about 10 years ago, as Art Director on PC racing simulations GTR, GTR 2, and GT Legends, helping launch SimBin Studios, and the core team that went on to form Slightly Mad Studios, the developers behind Need for Speed: SHIFT and SHIFT 2: Unleashed, Eric's last two shipped titles. Along the way he has done game design and artwork for Facebook MMO collectible card game Warstorm and Tiki Towers on the Wii, among others.
Brian Hunsaker, Technical Director. Brian started coding his own video games at home at the age of 10, eventually detouring into Web Development in 1999, where he specialized in Microsoft technologies. He has architected enterprise-scale projects for clients such as Microsoft, Amazon and Barnes & Noble. In 2003 he became certified as a MCSD in C#.NET, and has since helped develop Best Practice Coding Guidelines on more than one occasion.
With the recent explosion of casual gaming, Brian has returned to his favorite thing - game programming, with Unity 3D as his weapon of choice.
Brian Laws, Lead Artist. Brian was born with a deep passion for art, honing his craft over the years, producing many pieces of fine art and graphic design. Combined with his great technical mind, Brian is an art MVP for games.
Brian has contributed to several indie projects. Wall Street Titan will be his first commercial release, but his results speak for themselves.
And Dark Tonic proudly features audio from the very talented Don Tyler.
Fun fact: Eric, Brian, and Brian first collaborated about 20 years ago when Eric and Brian H. played together in a Seattle area speedmetal ensemble called Sentinel. Brian Laws created the band's logo!
Tim Schafer summed it up best in his Kickstarter for Double Fine Adventure:
"Crowd-sourced fundraising sites like Kickstarter have been an incredible boon to the independent development community. They democratize the process by allowing consumers to support the games they want to see developed and give the developers the freedom to experiment, take risks, and design without anyone else compromising their vision. It's the kind of creative luxury that most major, established studios simply can't afford. At least, not until now."
Here are some of the ways Dark Tonic will utilize the proceeds from this Kickstarter campaign:
- Acquiring licenses and tools needed to complete development and release of Wall Street Titan on iOS & Android
- Adding polish like richer animations, localization, more interactivity, etc.
- Additional features like social integration with leaderboard challenges for your friends, new fun and crazy powerups, and more.
If our funding goal is exceeded, it will mean more cool features, more polish, more levels, a complete orchestral musical score, and many more goodies!
$5, Reward level 1: "The 99%"
- Full copy of the game for iOS or Android!
- Exclusive wallpaper just for backers
- Our most sincere thanks!
$10, Reward level 2: "The Beats"
- All $5 rewards
- MP3s of the game's original music
$25, Reward level 3: "Sticky Tokens"
- All $10 rewards
- Limited edition 6" x 4" sticker
- Your name in the credits
- 500 Dark Tokens for in-app purchases
- Beta access via TestFlight! (iOS only, sorry!)
$50, Reward level 4: "Express Yourself" - This is where it starts to get really good!
- All $25 rewards
- We will scroll your own 32 character message in the main menu for everyone to see! (see rules)
- Giant Dark Tonic branded foam finger for full scale squashecutions
- Rules for Foam Finger Fighting
- 500 additional Dark Tokens (1,000 total)
$100, Reward level 5: "Swagger"
- All $50 rewards
- Wall Street Titan "Binary..." t-shirt (the design will be retired after this campaign!)
- Big, movie-sized 36" x 24" poster exclusive to Swagger level backers
- 1,000 additional Dark Tokens (2,000 total)
(note: representative images only. Final shirt & poster designs will be exclusive for Kickstarter backers only! Poster will be designed to fit the 36" x 24" format. Family-friendly choices will be available.)
$250, Reward level 5: "Enter the grid" - get into the game!
- All $100 rewards
- You in the game as a squashable character! We will work with you to make sure your 16x16 pixel character looks as much like you as possible. You may also provide your own death scream to accompany your character's demise, if you wish. (we will send out some rules & tips for this)
- An in-game achievement will be named after you!
$500, Reward level 6: "Business Partner level 1"
- All $100 rewards
- Your logo or image in the credits sequence (see rules)
$2,000, Reward level 7: "Business Partner level 2"
- All $100 rewards
- Your logo or image in the game on an interactive, destructible billboard truck that will appear randomly throughout the game! (see rules)
$10,000, Reward level 8: "The 1%er" (2 available)
- All $500 rewards
- You in the game as a squashable character
- Your logo/image in credits
- Your logo/image on a custom billboard truck
- We will create a game level based on a location you choose, could be your workplace, your university, or your neighborhood! (see rules)
- Full WST private development forum access so you can watch the game being built and even add input to its direction
- Executive producer credit
Dark Tokens are Dark Tonic's universal game currency that transfers from game to game, Wall Street Titan being the first. They can be used to purchase additional content or traded for in-game currency, such as Wall Street Stax, which can be spent on power ups, unlockables, and other cool features.
- (30 days)